don't click here

Spoiler-free Sonic Mania discussion thread

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Overlord, Aug 10, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 360

Light Vision Overdrive Oldbie
    United Kingdom
    Sonic Neon
    Ah right. Thanks man. Music to my ears actually since I'm busy with family over the weekend and thus can't actually play the game until the 15th anyway.

Like an early release would have been awesome but I'd be waiting until the 15th regardless. Wonder what the news could be then?

2. SuperSonicRider

SuperSonicRider

Sorry about that, the Tweet itself didn't, but the direct reply to it had...something. Which again, I'm pretty certain is false, but I didn't want to take any chances. Here's a screenshot (spoilered in case it's too big):

[​IMG]

I would generally avoid the replies to his Tweets though, like you said. It seems at least a few people there have viewed the spoilers.

3. 360

United Kingdom
    Sonic Neon
    Ah right. No worries and thanks man. Looks like no early release then. Thought it was a long shot anyway but it's good to get confirmation.

So wonder what the news could be later. As I've said before I bet it's release timing info or last minute promo. Guess we'll see soon.

4. Thank god this thread was made, at least we can still visit Retro and not run the risk of ruining it. Saying that, knowing I am two clicks away from finding out all of that exciting information is absolute torture.

EDIT: Few thoughts on the intro, spoilered just in case:
    I watched the opening animation as it showed up on Facebook and I simply couldn't ignore it. Its absolutely beautiful and Hesse's style is definitely my favourite design for Sonic and friends, I can't get enough of it. I did spot a couple of the unannounced zones, but seeing them so briefly and not actually in-game doesn't feel like too much of a spoiler, especially considering how remixed some of the returning zones are!
    My bets would be on its probably being both, followed by a thank you from the social media team. As others have said the "important" part is slightly concerning, but I am hoping its just a final bit of info on the release.

It would be amazing if they were revealing the CE has been pushed back to a later date so it could include a physical copy and that they would be emailing out download codes to those who ordered it so they can still play on release day. It's incredibly unlikely, but I would be so happy with that!

Out of sheer hype I have extended my day off on Tuesday from a half day to full. I wouldn't be able to sit still at my desk knowing I can play Mania on my Xbox at 4pm. At least this way I can sleep in to get through most the morning and then just play the originals beforehand to pass the time.

5. I saw the opening animation post on FB - didn't watch it, as have avoided every new bit of video since the first few trailers...

... Thought at first SEGA was hell bent on spoiling everything before release, until I heard it was leaked, which sucks.

Why must people leak shit. When I worked at a well known London recording studio there was a real danger of people leaking freshly recorded albums early.

It ruins the fun for everyone.

6. steveswede

steveswede

Ask my hand
    Fighting against the Unitary State of Europe
    Well I've just had a zone spoiled on a image board, some assholes really do want to ruin the surprises for everyone.

7. JcFerggy

JcFerggy

Do you want to taco 'bout it? Member
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    GoldenEye: Source, Other Stuff
    I'm glad that I'm going on vacation this weekend. I won't have much opportunity to use the internet till I get home later Monday, then it's just a days wait.

Checking on Reddit right now, the Opening Cinematic is the top post over on r/Games. It's nice to see that people are excited for the game.

8. Sir_mihael

Sir_mihael

DON'T TRUST THIS MAN Member
    Also I can't wait to accidentally click on the wrong Mania topic here and scroll down a whole page of spoiler screenshots. :D

I'm not worried about my own self control, but I am paranoid that one of my friends either IRL or on Facebook will discover the spoilers and blab it all to me... but not before I get my chokehold game on! THE WEAK SHOULD FEAR THE STRONG

9. Oh man I did this earlier, luckily it put me back where I was last browsing so I didn't see anything too bad. Still, this wait is painful and seeing the other thread just start filling up like crazy is incredibly tempting to look at.

10. 360

United Kingdom
    Sonic Neon
    T-minus 3 hours until we have our minds blown. Just kidding, the news is probably something small and we were all probably worried for nothing.

Sorry to hear that man, particularly as you've been evading leaks for so long. Looks like the net has generally become a Sonic Mania minefield.

11. It's bullshit, some people think it is funny. I remember watching the Force Awakens trailer then some absolute fucking buffoon wrote in the comments 'HAN SOLO DIES'. Yeah, thanks for that mate.

Who the fuck does that? Must have to be fucking sad and have no friends.

Anyway, I'm ranting, sorry :v:

12. Pengi

Pengi

Given the tone of Aaron's tweet, I'm not sure why anyone is worrying about bad news.

Maybe we'll get a midnight release?

13. So I remember hearing rumours of there being a mega drive/genesis soundfont soundtrack in the game (thanks to tee lopes posting the 16-bit version of mirage saloon). Currently I'm playing the Sonic & Knuckles PC collection and it's got me thinking the PC version of Sonic Mania should get a FM synthesizer/General MIDI soundtrack instead for that authentic PC port.

14. Fenrir

Fenrir

Eh. Member
    I just don't know what a sudden announcement that's "A Bit Important" could be when we weren't suppose to have anymore news. I hope to god it's a simultaneous midnight release, I won't be able to sleep that night and I can only get it on my switch at the moment.

15. 360

United Kingdom
    Sonic Neon
    Yeah this is why we were worried. Strange announcement timing, completely unexpected and somewhat "important" automatically sounds negative.

I'm sure it's probably something good however. Probably release timing info and perhaps a midnight release hopefully on Steam.

16. raiongame

raiongame

Just as a heads up there are zone spoilers in the animated intro released by Sonic's social media team. There are only two zones spoiled but I still wish I hadn't seen it!

17. Lapper

Lapper

Lappering Tech Member
    England
    Sonic Studio, Sonic Physics Guide, Kyle & Lucy, Freedom Planet 2
    Same! Still would have seen it before playing anyway so kinda unavoidable.

18. steveswede

steveswede

Ask my hand
    Fighting against the Unitary State of Europe
    I didn't see the stage, I just saw the name so you can tell by that it's a classic stage and considering that it is, it's something you can't forget easily. I'm glad it's in as the aesthetic of it I love but the level design I always though was shit. I just hope Team Mania brings it's S tier level design skills when they expand it.

19. foXcollr

foXcollr

Resident Dolphin Member
    US
    Y'know, I've just finished listening to Tee's version of "Door Into Summer" again, and it had me thinking. . . If I see a stage/trope from Knuckles Chaotix return, I'm gonna go absolutely bonkers.

Seriously, how great would it be to see Botanic Base, Marina Madness, or even Isolated Island re-imagined as fully playable classic zones? Especially if Tee's music has anything to do with it. . . It's probably just a pipe dream, but only time will tell! :v:/>

20. MontiP

MontiP

"Tylerfoxorwhatever? I barely know her!" Member
    Chile
    Well, in the end I saw the opening... and I have no regrets. :specialed:

Though I wouldn't have noticed the two unannounced zones if it wasn't for a thumbnail of another video that revealed which zones were (luckily they were just re-imagined stages and not new ones).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.