don't click here

Sonic Mania (Switch, PS4, Xbox One, PC...Netflix?)

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by TimmiT, Jul 23, 2016.

1. /dev/sr0

/dev/sr0

I'd just like to say, I have like four of those Logitech F310 controllers and they're fantastic. They don't rumble or anything, but they have all the buttons of an Xbox controller and it's super cheap.
    As a bonus, there's a switch on the back to change it from Xinput to DirectInput, so it should work with just about any game you throw at it.
    Also the "Mode" button on there swaps the d-pad and left stick, so you can use whichever one you prefer with games that would normally use one or the other.

2. Mastered Realm

Mastered Realm

-
    Yep because they'll be taken down LOL

3. Blastfrog

Blastfrog

See ya starside. Member
    Last time I used one of those from Logitech, the d-pad let you press opposite directions simultaneously, like a cheap famiclone controller. Have they fixed this issue or is it still like this?

Hard to recommend that controller for d-pad centric games, proper d-pads like the ones you find on official Sega or Nintendo controllers have a metal ball in the middle that it rolls around on, not only improving control but it just feels really nice to use.

4. Looks like all the pipes complaints in Flying Battery are taken care of...

5. /dev/sr0

/dev/sr0

Nope, it's still the same. Otherwise they'd stick a new name on it. The thing's only $20 and I think the d-pad is fine. I played the android remakes with this controller.

6. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Oh they fixed the pipes? How lovely.

7. Next couple stages are + - Flying Battery followed by Press Garden (Cathredal-level)  

8. OMG that badnik... I wish I knew how to black out a spoiler. I don't know why I'm doing this to myself but I'm not any less hype for the game for it. Mania is amazing.

9. Mastered Realm

Mastered Realm

-
    Link to stream full of spoilers LINK

10. Ashura96

Ashura96

HEROIC VERSE Oldbie
    No way, the new stage is based off of + - Egg Garden/Warehouse Zones from Retro Sonic   ?!?

11. Devon

Devon

I'm a loser, baby, so why don't you kill me? Tech Member
    your mom
    LUL this is playing in the background of the stream:

12. I'm glad the stream quality is poor - though I can't restrain myself from spoilering myself, at least it will look 100x prettier when I finally get my hands on it!

13. Back to music talk for a second. It won't happen, but I'd love for + - Press Garden's   track to be officially uploaded. That song is my favourite so far.

Oh, and RIP stream. Personally, I'm satisfied with calling it there anyway. I was hellbent on learning the proper name to that stage^

14. Devon

Devon

I'm a loser, baby, so why don't you kill me? Tech Member
    your mom
    Yup, he's gone again. How long until he starts another stream? lol

+ - Press Garden looked gorgeous and the music sounded very nice, in my opinion  

15. Sakura Synagogue? :specialed:/>

Also + - SPLATS  

16. urlogic

urlogic

I really hope some of these new stages are in Sonic Generations tw... I mean Sonic Forces. If at least one of them isn't, I feel like that's a huge opportunity wasted.

17. /dev/sr0

/dev/sr0

Since Forces Classic Sonic can use the drop-dash, and Eggman said he's from another dimension, I think Sonic Mania takes place in a "classic dimension" where S3&K is canon and the chaos emeralds don't only work for male hedgehogs.
    I wouldn't be surprised if this also means an entirely different world.

18. So, Flying battery Act 2 music is basically just a remix of Sega Genenis's FBZ Act 2 music?

19. ashthedragon

ashthedragon

Sonic Paradise Researcher
    Spain
    Sonic Paradise & Sonic Ages
    Got a review copy and found a game breaking bug, how can I contact the developers to make sure they see it and fix it in future updates? PM here would be OK or does tax-stealth not check this too much?

20. Looks like I'm gonna need a level select cheat in order to get past Chemical Plant...