don't click here

Sonic Mania (Switch, PS4, Xbox One, PC...Netflix?)

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by TimmiT, Jul 23, 2016.

1. Wouldn't the wireframe indicate it's unavailable to use there?

edit: Beaten to it.

2. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    If it's wireframe then it's inactive.

EDIT: Damn, Gina.

3. Yeah but like the clouds though

4. Ashura96

Ashura96

HEROIC VERSE Oldbie
    Nobody cares about the fucking clouds

5. Mentski

Mentski

Pff. Member
    Parts Unknown
    Being a mysterious face.
    You've got him to sing the intro song haven't you? Tell me you've got him to sing the intro song.

6. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Flying Battery Pipes :specialed:

7. Xilla

Xilla

I wonder if the Special Stage tiebreaker is in then...

8. It'll be the fucking half pipe. Mark my words.

9. RGX

RGX

Animator Member
    US
    Pretty disappointed if there's no competitive nor co-op online... :<

10. 360

Light Vision Overdrive Oldbie
    United Kingdom
    Sonic Neon
    Well I asked Steam support directly about the release date:

And talk about a complete non-response:

So they literally couldn't even tell us what time the countdown timer runs down to. They either don't know at this point or are prevented from giving out exact release timing info with Sega potentially confirming something at a later date. Still holding out hope it's midnight.

Surprised to see more videos/promo for Mania. Didn't Gene say the bonus stage reveal would be the last thing we would see?

11. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Last major reveal. 2 player mode showing off GHZ isn't exactly a major reveal. Plus I think we pretty much knew 2 player was in the game somewhere, just weren't sure how it was implemented.

12. LukyHRE

LukyHRE

The only one who has a Portal-themed avatar Member
    Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Bitching and complaining about my country -.-'
    Considering Tax and Stealth often jump in to confirm or deny some bits about the game, and considering we already have many pages with this discussion, I'm going to assume the exact release time is, for some reason, still private.

13. 360

Light Vision Overdrive Oldbie
    United Kingdom
    Sonic Neon
    Okay so Gene was probably still accurate then. We're also getting a new OST upload at some point this week so I'm looking forward to that.

Also Sonic Mania's Steam countdown timer does run-down to 1pm EST/6pm BST on August 15. Refreshed the page around 6pm earlier and saw it change from "7 days" to "6 days" around bang on 6pm. So if that timer is accurate sonicblur is correct and the official Steam release will be 6pm BST on August 15.

So outside of Sega announcing a surprise midnight release it looks like Mania is releasing at Steam's standard release time.

Yeah you're probably right here. Guess it's still Steam's standard release time until Sega announces otherwise. Perhaps an announcement is planned?

14. HEDGESMFG

HEDGESMFG

Oldbie
    Could someone tweet Sega/the Sonic Twitter/Aaron or somebody about the release time? Maybe they can still make a request to bump up the time.

15. Willie

Willie

Each day the world turns Laugh 'til it all burns Member
    So far, the only things revealed about this game that disappointments me is the local competitive multiplayer. I don't even like playing SNES games at 4:3 because I'm obsessed over pixel art being perfectly square. lol I hope there will be an option to alter the aspect ration. I don't mind the black bars. I'm plenty used to them with older games.

Edit-

Regardless, I'm beyond excited about this game. I have been pretty pessimistic about the gaming industry as of late, so it's rare a game excites me anywhere near this much.

16. <snip>

oops.

17. Rudie Radio Waves

Rudie Radio Waves

Italy
    Many a game.
    No, I think it's Tee's GHZ Act 1 remix. Can't confirm right now though.

18. As someone who doesn't have the 15th off of work, I won't feel too bad about the game not unlocking until 6pm after I've finished

However; I didn't count on going to a friend's birthday meal that same evening; and as much as this game is going to be mind blowing, I'm not that much of a dickhead to ditch my friend's for a video game I can binge the when I get home / the next day or whatever.

I do know that I promise myself to spend a whole evening in within the first week and get some pizza or a chinese in for it.

In other news; what are people's opinions on level orders of the revealed levels? With the unknown stages possibly anywhere in my list, here's my ideas:

Green Hill (Though I wish this would stop being the defacto first stage. If the GG/SMS games can get away with the trope being end game, I wish this had the opportunity to, but oh well)
    Chemical Plant
    Studiopolis
    Stardust Speedway
    Flying Battery
    Mirage Saloon

19. Craftis

Craftis

Rhode Island
    Project Craftis Legacy
    I wonder if they may include online support for the VS mode as an update in the future, that is if it doesn't support online already. Although regardless of if multiplayer has online support or not I'm still super excited to finally play the game after having to wait so long.

20. XCubed

XCubed

Will Someday Own a Rent-A-Center Oldbie
    My point is that view-able Special Stage access is in for the first time. The wire frame very well could mean that they are off limits in 2p vs. but they couldn't have put in a wall for the 2p versions of the zones? I just don't see the reasoning behind showing even the wire frame in 2p is they are not meant to be entered in 2p mode. Up until now, the wire frame only meant "NOPE, you can't enter yet because we are not showing it off in this demo." I guess that utility could change for the 2p vs. mode, but wouldn't that hidden space be of better use to store rings/power ups/etc.?