don't click here

Sonic Mania (Switch, PS4, Xbox One, PC...Netflix?)

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by TimmiT, Jul 23, 2016.

1. Fenrir

Fenrir

Eh. Member
    PLEASE let the 2 player vs have online as well. Sonic 2 Remastered had online, and that was a mobile game. Taking on people online would add insane replay value to a game I already see myself playing all the time.

For real, if Sega allowed Generations and Lost World's 3DS versions to have online but not Mania there will be some very legitimate hell to pay.

2. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    I'm praying for online 2 player, it'd be so much fun.

Why is it that only the B versions of games tend to have online multiplayer?

Oh hey look at that footage of 2 player mode:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aPRotnINixs

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  3. Fenrir

Fenrir

Eh. Member
    Ah, the always lovely Sonic 2 screen stretch. How I didn't miss thee.

Looks like good fun though! Now imagine it with a screen all to yourself online!

Also the announcer is horrifically cheesy and I love it.

4. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator
    Son is that Mitsuyoshi as the announcer. GOTY All Years if so.

5. HEDGESMFG

HEDGESMFG

Oldbie
    Classic Split screen returns, complete with the ruined aspect ratio.

I'd imagine there would be a full screen option if you play online... but then again, maybe they wanted to replicate that Screen sharing rivalry you had with Sonic 2 where you knew EXACTLY where your opponent was. ;)

6. Ashura96

Ashura96

HEROIC VERSE Oldbie

Doesn't sound like him at all. TBH I'd rather have it turned off.

7. Sonic 4 1up jingle... Ewww...

Two player mode seems fine I guess. The aspect ratio seems like a bad move, but in the end one would kindly trade off more visibility for flattered sprites, so there isn't anything more they could do.

8. The Taxman

The Taxman

Tech Member
    Retro Engine & Related Projects
    :)

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  9. Fenrir

Fenrir

Eh. Member
    Gee, this is a good race we're having buddy. It'd be a shame if I found a batch of monitors and got a position swap right as you're getting to the goal.... :ssh:/>

10. McAleeCh

McAleeCh

Oldbie
    I'm taking it you've never played Sonic 3 not locked-on to Sonic & Knuckles, then...? ; )

11. /dev/sr0

/dev/sr0

Not everything related to Sonic 4 is the spawn of satan. I don't hear anything wrong with the 1up jingle they decided to use.

I actually liked some of the music and sounds from S4.

12. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    This is probably the last footage of the game that'll be shown prior to launch.

Soooooo damn close. Ahhhhhh!!!

13. /dev/sr0

/dev/sr0

Excuse me while I take a nap for exactly one week.

14. Fenrir

Fenrir

Eh. Member
  15. Dario FF

Dario FF

Tech Support Hotline Tech Member
    The stretched aspect ratio looks absolutely terrible in an era where such a problem can be so easily solved. Here's hoping there's some options to fix that to our preference. (I know it's largely intentional, but I never had nostalgia for such limitations)

EDIT: This post on GAF is basically the option I'd like to see.

16. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Oh shit the guy who sang the Daytona USA?

Oh that's just wonderful.

17. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator
    Y'all are Good Folk.

18. Finally, took the plunge, pulled the trigger, dove in deep, and bought it on PS4! Got some cool backgrounds and icons and stuff while I wait for the download.

First time I've ever bought a digital game in my life. A reluctant purchace since I do not like to support digital distribution when it's something that's standard and not a choice, but that doesn't mean I'm not gonna enjoy it. :)

To reiterate, I also did it to support the team. So here's to another great Sonic game! :D

19. Ashura96

Ashura96

HEROIC VERSE Oldbie
    Well fuck me lmao. I'm sure I'll grow to like it over time. :)

20. No, I didn't played non-locked Sonic 3 and I don't see how this makes a difference. What makes a difference however is that on top of it begin subjectively mediocre (you like it? Good for you), in Sonic 4 you hear it ad nauseum since the game gave away extra lives like free candy. It brings back bad memories and it doesn't take much effort to imagine that.

And yes, one week left. I hope that everything will go fine on that last stretch and I really would like to see reviews before the release date.