don't click here

Sonic Mania (Switch, PS4, Xbox One, PC...Netflix?)

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by TimmiT, Jul 23, 2016.

1. /dev/sr0

/dev/sr0

Isn't that what we all do with S3&K though?

2. Oh shit never mind we can all relax. Taxman, this must get so annoying for you :v:/>

3. /dev/sr0

/dev/sr0

Oh ok nvm

4. Fenrir

Fenrir

Eh. Member
    Taxman coming through with the crowd control. Thank goodness.

5. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    I've just realized that the Special Stages look like they could be really fun in Vs. mode, kind of like a "Sonic R lite".

6. This worries me, since I got a 3 button genesis controller and adapter for this game. I guess I won't have enough buttons? :(

7. Creature SH

Creature SH

And thus the Taxman became the taxed man.

8. RibShark

RibShark

Wouldn't be difficult to use X360CE and map something like the C button to Y, considering all face buttons do the same things anyway.

10. /dev/sr0

/dev/sr0

Yeah it was a shitty article to begin with.

11. Don't shoot the messenger ;)
    I only shared the article to point out the button being used to restart Time Attack.

12. He's had 23 years to master blue spheres and 134,217,728 maps to practice on. He should only be frustrated with himself not Sonic Mania.

13. 360

Light Vision Overdrive Oldbie
    United Kingdom
    Sonic Neon
    Well that's interesting. Sonic Mania previously had 12K owners/pre-orders on Steam and just over the last 48 hours or so it has spiked to 15K.

Perhaps the bonus stage reveal and recent promo caused a surge?

It'll be super interesting to observe sales once the game is released. Honestly hoping it breaks 500K or something like that in no time.

14. Creature SH

Creature SH

There may also be more generalized factors at play. The month just started, so people got their pay. And the weekend is when people have the time to sit down and look into games to get.

15. Sid Starkiller

Sid Starkiller

Virginia, USA
    Paying off student loans
    No, I kept looking after getting the Emeralds because I wanted ALL THE RINGS!!!

16. TheInvisibleSun

TheInvisibleSun

OVER THE TOP TECHNO-BLAST Member
    Buffalo, NY, USA
    The Water
    It's not like there was some limit or shortage of them either, considering the number of available rings reaches about 2 dozen before you reach the fifth zone of the game.

17. TheOcelot

TheOcelot

Scooty Puff Jr sucks! Member
    It's looking like there will be at least two special stage giant rings per act. So lets for argument sake say there are 12 zones in Mania. This would mean 48 possible attempts to get 7 chaos emeralds which is very generous. Therefore, there's no need what-so-ever for a restart option in the special stage.

Even in 3&K when I've collected all Chaos Emeralds/Super Emeralds and unlocked Super/Hyper Sonic I still go for the giant rings because they give you 50 rings as a reward for finding each one. I hope Mania is the same.

A restart option would have been far better suited to a game like Sonic Heroes, because only being allowed one attempt to get each chaos emerald in a playthrough was so unfair (also doesn't help that those special stages control like garbage).

18. Seiph

Seiph

Fatty Lobotnik Member
    I know its odd to say but I'd like to have a sort of bestiary of the enemies encountered and information of the zones you visited, like we did in Generations. Since its going back to the origins of Sonic, it would be pretty interesting to chill, reading the information we collect about everything, with 2D displays... & Knuckles.

I have too many ideas for what to have in a 2D Sonic game, Sonic Team, please hire me, I am willing to share. :/

19. Okay, what's a good controller option for PS4 again?

Is there any way of using older official Sega Saturn controllers on newer consoles? (Seems to be a lack of options when it comes to using official controllers... I'm still trying to find a way to use official NES controllers for PS4 on Shovel Knight. :\ )

20. JcFerggy

JcFerggy

Do you want to taco 'bout it? Member
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    GoldenEye: Source, Other Stuff
    This is what you want.

https://www.amazon.ca/Fighting-Commander-PlayStation-Officially-Licensed/dp/B01GVOFIAA/ref=pd_lpo_sbs_63_t_0?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=N7YXXCC6T02VXVDA5RFQ