don't click here

Sonic Mania (Switch, PS4, Xbox One, PC...Netflix?)

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by TimmiT, Jul 23, 2016.

1. Where Fist Bump is cheesy and dumb, this actually feels surprisingly great despite also being kinda cheesy.

2. rebelcheese

rebelcheese

Unleashed was Bowling For Soup (technically the singer Jaret Reddick as a solo artist) and Colors was Cash Cash.

3. Mastered Realm

Mastered Realm

-
    Honestly? That sounds like crap. The guy knows how to sing really well but he's a crappy songwriter. What's with the nanana sequence?

4. LewiG

LewiG

London England
    Modding game controllers to be self contained gaming units.
    Maybe I am looking for things that aren't there or simply wishful thinking but on Tee Lopes you tube channel there are some Re-Imagined sonic 3 songs. ( I know these are quite old videos so I am probably wrong.)

Flying Battery Zone Here

Ice Cap Zone Here

We have Flying Battery Zone confirmed so.......... please?

5. TheKazeblade

TheKazeblade

"Our Life is More than a Side-Effect" Member
    Having grown up with pop punk in the early 2000's, the whole thing lined up exactly with the genre it was emulating, na na's included :P

It's cheesy, but unlike Fist Bump, A. It's not trying to be self-serious and B. You can feel the earnestness in it.

I really, really love this rendition. Again, possibly because I listened to a ton of Relient K and MxPx in the early 2000's, but also because of how joyous it is. A lot of credit to the original Hyper Potion instrumental, but also the goofy lyrics gel well with how upbeat it is. Also helps that this was pretty well-mixed, unlike Fist Bump :P

6. 360

Light Vision Overdrive Oldbie
    United Kingdom
    Sonic Neon
    Pretty awesome way to promote the game as we approach release. Their marketing for Mania has been fantastic so far. They have their finger on the pulse. Still think the overwhelmingly positive reception of Mania and the positive hype it garnered took them by surprise - so it's cool to see them capitalising on that and pushing the game so hard.

Hope this clears a million in sales and Sega practically plead with Taxman and Stealth for Mania 2.

7. Lapper

Lapper

Lappering Tech Member
    England
    Sonic Studio, Sonic Physics Guide, Kyle & Lucy, Freedom Planet 2
    This doesn't mean anything I'm afraid.

My choice would be Ice Cap for a S3 level, due to a low count of classic snow levels (that being it).

Hydrocity seems uninspired compared to other S3 levels. But... you never know... maybe we get none.
    Or maybe not.

If we had an original snow themed stage I wouldn't care about Ice Cap, just want nice tropes.

8. Linkabel

Linkabel

To be honest, I'm surprised a fan contest wasn't announced for the game like the one they had for Sonic CD. Either have a CE, the Mania posters or the vinyl as a prize.

But it sounds like they don't want to deal with the legal stuff of setting up one this time.

9. 360

Light Vision Overdrive Oldbie
    United Kingdom
    Sonic Neon
    For some reason I had the release date in my head as August 25 - when just having watched the awesome pre-order trailer and checking the Steam page it's August 15. So 10 days faster than I thought! We're officially a month away then. So looking forward to this. My most anticipated release since Sonic 3 back when I was a kid.

Looking forward to more soundtrack uploads in the meantime.

10. Ravenfreak

Ravenfreak

2 Edgy 4 U Tech Member
    O'Fallon Mo
    Sonic 1 Game Gear Disassembly
    Oh man I'd freak out if blink 182 ever works on a sonic game as they're probably my favorite band of all time. xD Well we're officially one month away from mania's release, I hope I get it on time or early... I preordered Generations and got it two days after it was released... >_> I'll never preorder games from gamestop ever again. I also hope Ice Cap zone makes it into the game, but I have a bad feeling it won't be because of legal issues. :\

11. rebelcheese

rebelcheese

I'm close to 100% certain Ice Cap will be in there and it's being withheld so it can be a big surprise.

I plan on going dark about Sonic Mania about a week to go before release so I can keep the surprises as surprises. I don't want to know everything that's in the game beforehand.

And I'm with ya on Blink-182. Classic Warped Tour punk fits Sonic so well. Hopefully that can happen someday.

12. Vangar

Vangar

Taxman if you are reading this, can you pretty please add Pro Controller support to the Switch version? Cave Story doesn't have it and it's killing me...

EDIT: If it doesn't already, but uncertain ...

13. Boxer Hockey

Boxer Hockey

Not gonna lie, I would be so on board for the ensuing firestorm if they grabbed Tom Delonge for the next Sonic theme.

14. Lilly

Lilly

United States
    Shang Mu Architect
    Isn't the Switch port being handled by Tantalus? It might be best to ask them about that. Although given their previous releases, Pro Controller support could be a given. (Twilight Princess HD had Pro Controller support, iirc.)

15. The Taxman

The Taxman

Tech Member
    Retro Engine & Related Projects
    You mean this one? [​IMG]

Yeah it's supported along with the joycon stuff.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  16. Andrew75

Andrew75

Technical Artist Member
    Project AXSX(Sonic Xtreme) + Misc Projects
    Taxman, bro, buddy, pal , I'll be your best friend if you do Sonic X-treme next ! It's Gata have Nights 3D controller support!!!

17. Turbohog

Turbohog

God, no. I hope that's a joke. I get that Sonic X-Treme is interesting, but it looks like it would have terrible. I just hope we can get a Mania 2, with only original zones.

18. Laura

Laura

Brightened Eyes Member
    I'd be pretty interested in a 3D game by Taxman actually; I know he was working on an original prototype a few years ago. Curious to know what it was and hopefully it may surface in one form or another.

19. Vangar

Vangar

Thanks fellow Aussie buddy :)

20. Jason

Jason

*Results not lab tested. Member
    If he'd take a break from UFO hunting for Sonic music, it would be the greatest spectacle ever.

?I've been in, Green Hill, a few toooyyyymes?