don't click here

Sonic Mania (Switch, PS4, Xbox One, PC...Netflix?)

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by TimmiT, Jul 23, 2016.

1. I can't believe this game comes out in a little over a month. Please buy multiples, everyone. I am. I'm buying friends some copies! Buy buy buy

2. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Shocking isn't it? Well I got the collectors edition coming my way for the PC and the standard PS4 version. I mainly got the PS4 version in case I didn't get the PC version day 1 due to shipping, but I'm happy to double dip to support the cause. Besides, the PS4 version came with some lovely themes and profile icons.

3. Yuzu

Yuzu

I gifted Mania to my friend on Steam for his birthday. So I'm already on a roll.

4. Pigeon

Pigeon

Nothing really
    Got it preordered on PC and getting it as soon as it goes up on Switch eShop! If I had either of the other systems I'd likely have preordered there too, but I have neither system.

5. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    I wonder if they're going to have a "how many systems did you buy this on" contest like they did with Sonic 4 Ep 1?

I didn't forget Aaron :ruby:

6. 360

Light Vision Overdrive Oldbie
    United Kingdom
    Sonic Neon
    I know yeah - just a month away! Exciting. Steam here, as my laptop should be able to handle it and I just bought a new Gamepad. There's a chance I'll have a PS4 by the time it releases, but I'm more than happy to just fire it up on PC. Specifically bought a Gamepad with an awesome 2D gaming D-pad for Mania. Really glad it's looking like they'll hit their release date. Hoping the sales are through the roof and that results in a Mania series - though I guess we'll just have to wait and see. Probably going to go on a media black-out as the release approaches, as I'd like to be surprised by the zones that haven't been revealed yet.

So just over a month! So looking forward to playing this. Haven't been this excited since before Sonic 3K was approaching release, forever ago.

7. Bit of a noob when it comes to PC gaming so I've got a noob question.

Is it just a steam release or will I able to just have good old exe?

8. Laura

Laura

Brightened Eyes Member
    I'm buying multiple copies, already got it on Xbox One and Steam. I'm thinking of also getting it on PS4 and playing it with my parents, we used to play Sonic all the time when I was a kid (obviously). My mum used to be so fucking good, she cleared Sonic 1 with all emeralds without a game over on the Mega Drive (because you obviously had to do it in one go). She couldn't do that now though :v: .

It'll be really nostalgic to go back to that.

9. Beltway

Beltway

The most grateful Sonic fan of all time this week Member
    Sega of Darkest Peru
    Artwork and classes
    Ugh, don't remind me. -__-

Remember, marketing students--if your game isn't good enough to be sold on its own merits, exploit brand loyalty to the hilt by promising your audience prizes and reading their names out in a list in a video if they buy your product X times over.

Bad enough that it was the community themselves who came up with the idea and prompted Sega's PR to jump on the idea officially with Episode I (just because some saltmine workers mad at others who didn't like the game believed they needed to "show their support" for Sega to such a ridiculous degree); but when Sega themselves brought it back for Episode II....that, along with the rest of the PR nonsense going on with Sonic 4 as a whole, was a new low for them IMO.

Abandon that "True Blue Initiative" bullshit in the trash along with the rest of the Sonic 4 PR saga where it belongs, and let Mania's (more-or-less assured) quality speak for itself. We're customers, not devouts; Sega is in commerce, not in charity.

10. Uberham

Uberham

King Of Oblivion Member
    Bought it for a friend for his birthday.

11. Sappharad

Sappharad

Oldbie
    Already pre-ordered on PC and PS4 for the themes & avatars, but am going to buy Switch as my primary copy at launch. Will probably gift a few copies

All Steam releases have an .exe. It's under SteamApps/common/ in your steam profile directory. If your actual question is if you can run the game without Steam, we don't know yet but it's unlikely. When a game has Steam integration it almost always requires Steam to be running. I can think of a few Steam games that you can launch just fine without Steam running like VVVVVV, but that's also available as DRM free anyway.

12. jubbalub

jubbalub

#1 Sonic Superstars defender Member
    "Lights, Camera, Action!" has been uploaded onto the official Sonic channel:

This would be nothing special, as we've all heard it before. But the description indicates that there will be more soundtrack releases following this - maybe we'll hear something we haven't yet?

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  13. XCubed

XCubed

Will Someday Own a Rent-A-Center Oldbie
    6 zone songs revealed, 6 weeks to go before game release:

- Studiopolis Act 1
    - Green Hill Act 1
    - Mirage Saloon Act 2
    - Green Hill Act 2
    - Chemical Plant Act 1
    - Chemical Plant Act 2

More to follow after the game is out I'm sure......

Happy Almost Birthday, Studiopolis Act 1..... Yes, it's actually been that long.

14. Gammatron

Gammatron

15. 360

Light Vision Overdrive Oldbie
    United Kingdom
    Sonic Neon
    Tee Lopes remains a music god. Great to listen to Studiopolis in such high quality. He can mimic the Megadrive music so effortlessly.

This is going to have a killer soundtrack. I'd actually love a physical of the soundtrack on CD.

16. LukyHRE

LukyHRE

The only one who has a Portal-themed avatar Member
    Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Bitching and complaining about my country -.-'
    Oh yes! So hyped to hear the definitive OST! This will surely make the wait more pleasant!

17. McAleeCh

McAleeCh

Oldbie
    ...Except we've also heard Flying Battery Act 1, haven't we? Then again, don't remember whether we've heard the full loop for that one, whereas I'm pretty sure we have for all the ones you've listed. So you may very well be onto something! = )

18. Okamikurainya

Okamikurainya

Somewhere in Africa
    Sonic: Time Attacked - MAX
    Stumbled upon this and it really made my day:

I think the Blink 182 Punk Rock style works well for Sonic, in fact... Didn't they do the theme for Colours or Unleashed? Anyhow, this sounds like it could almost be an official theme song! :D

19. XCubed

XCubed

Will Someday Own a Rent-A-Center Oldbie
    You're right, I forgot about that one!

20. JcFerggy

JcFerggy

Do you want to taco 'bout it? Member
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    GoldenEye: Source, Other Stuff
    Also Stardust Speedway, but we never got a chance to hear the music.