don't click here

Sonic Mania (Switch, PS4, Xbox One, PC...Netflix?)

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by TimmiT, Jul 23, 2016.

1. LukyHRE

LukyHRE

The only one who has a Portal-themed avatar Member
    Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Bitching and complaining about my country -.-'
    In that IGN footage, Mirage Saloon Zone music is actually different from the known rips. I lack the proper english vocabulary to describe why, though, though I guess comparing the two vids is obvious enough. Still, not that different to be considered a remix, I think they just polished the song, sounds better IMO.

Also, Green Hill Zone Act 2 Remix, but the player takes powerups every time, so we can't listen to the whole tune. AND, the boss theme! I'm in love with Tee's work.

EDIT: Some shots of the new menus. Gorgeous looking! Pause menu may be beta, as it lacks details imo.

2. XCubed

XCubed

Will Someday Own a Rent-A-Center Oldbie
    Absolutely beautiful! I can finally hear what I was missing from GHZ Act 2 and the real deal was even better than I thought. As for Mirage Saloon, Tee added some extra percussion at the beginning, there a very low drum I never noticed until this cleaner version (which wasn't changed, but I wasn't looking for it until now), as well as a new bird desert echo sound, a symbol crash at the beginning of 2,a change of notes in the piano during the transition of section 3 to 4, and a new voice joins the melody at the 2nd half of section 4 (before it loops).

Hearing these slight changes makes me realize that all composers make changes right up until the very end and Tee Lopes and his talents are no different.

3. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Not necessarily. This could very well be the real Act 2 theme while what we heard all along was the Act 1 theme. They did that for GHZ so it's not out of the question.

4. XCubed

XCubed

Those changes are extremely subtle though and wouldn't constitute a large enough variation. I think Tee just added a nick and tuck as he was working on other things and wanted to ensure quality across the board.

5. Endgame

Endgame

Formerly The Growler Member
    Looks like they got a bit of Mario 3 in there as well:
    [​IMG]

6. Mastered Realm

Mastered Realm

-
    I was able to clean the audio from IGN, but it is just 26 seconds long, incomplete and mono. The remix is pretty good though!

7. LukyHRE

LukyHRE

The only one who has a Portal-themed avatar Member
    Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Bitching and complaining about my country -.-'
    Love every second of it, EXCEPT the main instrument lead. Too high pitched, does not fit well with the rest of the more calm instruments.

Nice job as always cleaning it :)

8. SonicGenesis89

SonicGenesis89

Cool! Sweet! And Catchy! Member
    Green Hill Zone
    Collecting Sonic Manga
    New artwork for Sonic Mania was teased. I hope we can see the full image of it soon and in good HD quality. I hate that they haven't officially released the Studiopolis poster and all we have of it is a scan. I really hope they officially release all of the artwork for Sonic Mania.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  9. SonicGenesis89

SonicGenesis89

Cool! Sweet! And Catchy! Member
    Green Hill Zone
    Collecting Sonic Manga
    It's still not a high quality version of the illustration though, unfortunately.

10. Linkabel

Linkabel

I think they're not releasing them for now so people won't take them and start making bootlegs of them?

I do wonder who the artist is though. I remember Sumo Digital saying that Sonic Team is really careful who gets to draw or render Sonic for official art.

Great stuff either way.

11. jubbalub

jubbalub

#1 Sonic Superstars defender Member
    The more I see of this game the more I want it holy shit

August 15th can't come fast enough.

12. I've got to say out of the trailers and gameplay clips displayed so far, the thing most selling me on Sonic Mania is the artwork surrounding it. I hope they release some sort of art book of the concept art and promotional art because of how much love seems to have gone into emulating the feeling of the artwork of the original trilogy.

13. Dissent

Dissent

@SailsSez on Twitter Member
    Giant Bomb on their "unsealed" podcast said something today that might have broke an NDA, since I can't find anything on it. It's about a particular surprise boss battle; Skip to 23:00

it's a boss based on mean bean machine where you apparently straight play puyo

14. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator

Just to get in, this is a fun one you'll probably want unspoiled if you're trying to stay mostly/somewhat in the dark. Even if you're not, you may want to leave this stone unturned.

15. Beltway

Beltway

The most grateful Sonic fan of all time this week Member
    Sega of Darkest Peru
    Artwork and classes
  16. upg

upg

That poster looks awesome!! THAT'S the style of Sonic I love man, that circa '93 - '96 era Sonic art (ie. Sonic 3, Sonic Jam/Screensaver, etc.)

This.

17. This can't be real.

Brilliant, I was waiting for something like this. It seemed like some an obvious and glaring omission in previous builds.

Also, the GHZ2 boss tree bug thing still happens in the new E3 build :D

18. XCubed

XCubed

What??? I'm not looking forward to that. My only wish is that I don't get stuck there.

19. I'm not looking forward to this either. I'll most likely get stuck, unless this is significantly watered down and doesn't require you to be actually good at it.