don't click here

Sonic Forces Thread

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Blue Blood, Jul 23, 2016.

1. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    This would make better trailer music I think.

2. JcFerggy

JcFerggy

Do you want to taco 'bout it? Member
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    GoldenEye: Source, Other Stuff
    Here are the lyrics for anyone who is interested.

Personally I find the guy talking really out of place for what I would consider Sonic music. The girl has that Sonic R vibe, but the bad auto-tuning is a major turn off. This is sadly rather weak IMO.

3. Atendega

Atendega

Lesser Sea Sponge Member
    Comfy couch
    Collecting insults
    The "guy talking" is vaguely reminiscent of stuff like The White of Sky from Secret Rings, though I think that was executed better. Also kinda reminds me of some of Shadow's stuff from SA2.

I wouldn't really call anything "out of place" for Sonic music, which has never been afraid to go all over the place in terms of style.

Also, the autotune is pretty subtle, I find it fitting.

I'm gonna go ahead and agree that Fumie Kumatani is amazing, and incidentally, she did The White of Sky, as well as a bunch of other excellent stuff in SatSR and... yeah, that Shadow music :specialed:

4. /dev/sr0

/dev/sr0

It's like someone forgot to actually write the lyrics and just improvised.

5. Atendega

Atendega

Lesser Sea Sponge Member
    Comfy couch
    Collecting insults
    Those lyrics are actually slightly inaccurate, here's the official ones:
    I am totally fine with these. They are exactly as corny as we should expect them to be.

6. Laura

Laura

Brightened Eyes Member
    I know I'm somewhat alone on this, but I really hate the song. I think it's probably the worst Sonic vocal song in the entire franchise.

7. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    I think that award goes to the Sonic Rivals 2 theme :v:

8. Ell678

Ell678

Am I Annoying You? Member
    Barrow, England
    Sonic Incursion
    Oh I dunno, the rap music for Knuckles in SA2 was trying way harder than this. ;)

But yeah...you aren't alone with that opinion.

9. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Here are some nice lyrics:

Fucking hell My Sweet Passion...

10. Laura

Laura

Brightened Eyes Member
    The Sonic Rivals 2 theme is really corny but it actually feels like a cheesy Sonic song.

This is just complete shit. Awful techno music with generic and soulless lyrics. The male singer's style sounds absolutely nothing like Sonic and while the female singer is more suitable, her voice is horribly produced and autotuned, so it sounds like she's warmed over and muted.

11. 360

Light Vision Overdrive Oldbie
    United Kingdom
    Sonic Neon
    You're not alone Laura. It echoes SA2-era Sonic and Shadow in the worst possibly way in the universe. It lacks spark, electricity and joy and just sounds like "terrible failed attempt to be cool" vocals over a generic electronic track - and not even a good electronic track.

To echo myself from earlier, hope the rest of the music from the game is much better.

12. Gotta jump on the Fumie Kumatani train. She'd be a better pick to bring back then Kenichi Tokoi imo. If Ohtani followed more in either of their footsteps, I feel like he'd come up with at least slightly better fare than he has so far.

Those lyrics to the rap are pretty atrocious, although it does serve pretty well as a manifesto for all these CaC Freedom Fighters aiding Sonic.

13. Laura

Laura

Brightened Eyes Member
    The only part of the song I like is the melody between 30-1.15. The production is awful though.

It's not amazing, in fact it's quite mediocre, but it's better than the rest of the soulless song.

I dunno, I just think everything about Forces looks really awful. As a huge fan of Generations, I'd be so fucking pissed if Mania wasn't coming out over how Forces looks like a shit version of Generations.

14. Felik

Felik

I dunno. I personally find the song pretty catchy. Of course I would gladly prefer R/SA2 levels of cheese in my lyrics but that will do too.

15. LowSeasCaroz

LowSeasCaroz

Hessia, Germany
    Desperately trying to make a Turrican clone
    Eh. If they had released the Modern Sonic Park Ave theme first, the reactions might be less negative. It's not that good of a song, and this being the first officially uploaded song from the game is like if they had revealed Sonic Rush Adventure with the regular cutscene theme :v:

I mean... if I was in charge, music in Sonic games would just be Hideki Naganuma funk or something like this:

[media]
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pu_pNnEymLY
    [/media]

Imagine Forces' Park Avenue (or Green Hill Zone) with that kind of music...

16. Ravenfreak

Ravenfreak

2 Edgy 4 U Tech Member
    O'Fallon Mo
    Sonic 1 Game Gear Disassembly
    It's still way better than the shitty rapping in the Sonic 3 mini boss theme. :P The first part of the song is alright, but the instrumental part and the part with the woman singing is good IMO. Yeah I get a huge Sonic R vibe from the track. xD

17. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    You take that back :colbert:

18. ancara

ancara

I personally am loving this track for sure. Cheesy as hell, and just feels like it works somehow. Then again, I'm a nut for cheesy stuff and so dumb it's fun stuff, so yeah. :v:

Also, I'm still hopeful this game will be good or at least decent. And maybe it's just me being blissfully unaware or not as good at nitpicking everything, but what I've seen so far ain't that bad. So it's a wait and see for me til later on with new zones/stages/levels.

19. /dev/sr0

/dev/sr0

I feel like I have an unpopular opinion on that matter. I much prefer the S&K miniboss theme.

20. Violet

Violet

Sweden
    Flicky Engine, Overdrive
    I don't mind the track, it's alright. (The instrumental at 0:30 is pretty good)
    I do dislike the female vocals though, maybe it's because of the autotune but it sounds really unintelligible at some points.