don't click here

Sonic Mania (Switch, PS4, Xbox One, PC...Netflix?)

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by TimmiT, Jul 23, 2016.

1. I like they're using Past Stardust Speedway instead of using the Present one. I guess the reason they did it too because we already have Studiopolis.

But there could be still a possiblity to have Time Travel? Maybe the mini-boss of this stage could be about that and act 2 may be in Bad / Good Future.

2. Andrew75

Andrew75

Technical Artist Member
    Project AXSX(Sonic Xtreme) + Misc Projects
    Soooo, for the trailer, is there a raw version we can download somewhere? I'd like to keep a backup so I can look back on it 10 years from now, when all we may be left with are low quality versions.

3. Ravenfreak

Ravenfreak

2 Edgy 4 U Tech Member
    O'Fallon Mo
    Sonic 1 Game Gear Disassembly
    Wait Knuckles can punch enemies?! It'll probably look a lot cooler than what I did in a unreleased Sonic 3K hack I made a few years back. (That "slide punch" thing was kind of lame... I didn't execute correctly. But I know it'll be executed well in Mania!) At least now we know that August 15th is indeed the date the game comes out. :) I already preordered the Collector's Edition for the Xbox One back in March, so I probably won't preorder the steam version.

4. Uberham

Uberham

King Of Oblivion Member
    I thought it was a reference to him punching through walls?

5. I have no words. I'm hyped as fuck! Will be creating a Steam account ASAP and buying my first Sonic game (that's not a remake/compilation) in 16 years!

6. synchronizer

synchronizer

I hope those animations are part of the game.

7. Ravenfreak

Ravenfreak

2 Edgy 4 U Tech Member
    O'Fallon Mo
    Sonic 1 Game Gear Disassembly
    Oh yeah it could be a reference to that, I didn't think of that. :v: Though it'd be cool if he could destroy enemies by punching regardless. :P

8. TheOcelot

TheOcelot

Scooty Puff Jr sucks! Member
    Update from Gene:
    https://twitter.com/gene_hf/status/869611882901929984

The past version of Stardust fucking Speedway looks epic. That is one menacing looking plant/badnik! Fingers crossed that Mania will feature time travel in the Sonic CD stages?! Knuckles in Stardust Speedway is a dream come true.

[​IMG]

Wonder if Metal Sonic will return???

9. RikohZX

RikohZX

oh no the plants are made of vectorman orbs

10. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    Adorable trailer. Didn't even catch the buttons until someone pointed out the missing 4 (I figured it was Miles and Knuckles, what with the missing CD...).

I wonder if we'll have any more zones revealed at E3?

11. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    From Sega's press site: http://www.mediafire.com/file/hsr281v4h6ksfou/Sonic_Mania_Pre-Order_Trailer_All_Platforms_h264_1496102368.mov

12. XCubed

XCubed

Will Someday Own a Rent-A-Center Oldbie
    What are the PC System requirements? While I don't doubt it'll work for my laptop, since it runs fine on Windows 10, but I want to be sure before I slam down $17.99...cause like....that could be dinner :v:

I'm excited at these snippets. I'm also wondering how the hell Tee Lopes made Stardust Speedway Past music as it's already epic (which was missing from Generations and Sonic 4).

That elevator though....so Sonic CD is now an alternate Sonic 2? We know Mania was before Sonic 4, but still. Maybe Forces erases it from the Timeline? It's not like that hasn't done before, but a whole game erasing the timeline of another game, that would be hilarious.

13. Violet

Violet

Sweden
    Flicky Engine, Overdrive
    Is it possible to preorder it on switch yet?
    (I have a switch but no NNID yet, so i can't open up the e-shop to check, and I'm too lazy to do that atm /s)

14. AnimatedAF

AnimatedAF

New now that was a perfect trailer wasn't it.

Amazing to see how much they are nailing the promotion of this game and the talent they are picking for it. These animated cut scenes are going to make this alreday very special game even more so!

Now can we please get a retail release sometime, this game really deserves to be on store shelves for everyone to see.

15. Zephyr

Zephyr

US
    I'm honestly fine with this not getting a retail release, so long as it does well enough regardless for a hypothetical sequel to be made with one in mind from the get-go.

Or save Mania's retail release for a retail TaxStealth Sonic collection. :specialed:

16. Hodgy

Hodgy

UK
    Games programming :)
    Absolutely amazing guys!

The things I would have done to be able to work on a game like this!

17. Mastered Realm

Mastered Realm

-
    Called it! Stardust Speedway past <3

18. Conzuh

Conzuh

yeah yeah big nice Member
    Millennium Dreams
    God that animation was absolutely stunning. This is exactly how Sonic should look!

19. LowSeasCaroz

LowSeasCaroz

Hessia, Germany
    Desperately trying to make a Turrican clone
    I expected the forum to explode because of the new trailer, but... somehow it's still intact!

What I did not expect however was Knuckles' GBA (Advance 1&2) move set to be in Mania, I thought they'd just give him the gliding and climbing from Sonic & Knuckles and that's it, but this goes to show how much the Mania team cares for the smaller thing in their game.

And I'm pretty sure people have said this already, but...
    THIS TRAILER WAS WONDERFUL

20. Ayu Tsukimiya

Ayu Tsukimiya

UGUU~ Member
    Put me in a coma until August.

EDIT: That small file size doesn't make me hopeful for animated cutscenes, sadly.