don't click here

Sonic Mania (Switch, PS4, Xbox One, PC...Netflix?)

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by TimmiT, Jul 23, 2016.

1. KingOfBunnies

KingOfBunnies

Ok, so this was just a joke post, but I actually had a dream last night where they announced the release date as June 24th. Not the 23rd, which would make sense. My brain was like, no, it's the 24th, because Sega makes those kinds of dumb decisions.

2. qwertysonic

qwertysonic

creating the biggest sonic collection

3. Beltway

Beltway

The most grateful Sonic fan of all time this week Member
    Sega of Darkest Peru
    Artwork and classes
    So this new Sega poster was spotted at Vegas, promoting a License Global Team Meeting that happened yesterday. It's Sonic themed, with what (looks like) a new render of Sonic and some screenshots.

Bottom left screenshot is visibly the Studiopolis Act 2 footage (the one with the giant numbered lottery balls) we saw a glimpse of from Mania's debut trailer.
    Bottom right screenshot looks like Park Avenue footage from Forces.
    Top left screenshot is a bit hard to tell, but it looks like Forces' Green Hill.

But what everyone's got their attention focused on is the top-right screenshot. which you can see below. (Image courtsey of SSMB's Diogenes, who made an attempt to un-distort the top-right image.)

[​IMG]

There's no HUD (like the Studiopolis Act 2 screenshot), but it seems to be 2D and you can see something of a Sonic sprite at the center left. Speculation is afoot that its a unrevealed original Mania stage--a cathedral-based level, at that. That or it could be concept art for such a stage, given the lack of a HUD.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  4. /dev/sr0

/dev/sr0

Oh shit, that looks like something out of one of those early retro engine fangames Taxman worked on.
    That could be cool.

5. rebelcheese

rebelcheese

Correction: it WILL be cool.

6. TheOcelot

TheOcelot

Scooty Puff Jr sucks! Member
    Better picture showing what indeed looks like a brand new stage for Mania (the top right image):

[​IMG]

7. rebelcheese

rebelcheese

That zone is one of two things:

1. A new take on Sky Sanctuary, Sylvania Castle, or Taxman's own Egg Garden.

2. An original zone.

8. LowSeasCaroz

LowSeasCaroz

Hessia, Germany
    Desperately trying to make a Turrican clone
    Woah nice, I like the aesthetics of that, even if it's difficult to make out what exactly it'll be.
    Already counting on an announcement in the next few weeks, it's been a while since the FBZ reveal, SoA... :rolleyes:

9. /dev/sr0

/dev/sr0

https://youtu.be/AsFHfrfQEbM

For those who don't know what Egg Garden looks like.

10. LukyHRE

LukyHRE

The only one who has a Portal-themed avatar Member
    Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Bitching and complaining about my country -.-'
    Here's a more contrasted version. You can clearly see Sonic on the left, and some kind of ramp going up to the right. The ramp is not part of the floor; it looks metallic, sorta lattice-kind.

[​IMG]

The only thing keeping me from jumping outta the chair yelling NEW ZONE CONFIRMED is the lack of HUD, really. That, and Sonic is waaaaaaaay off-center.

EDIT: Egg Garden has similar color floors, and also has lattice loops, albeit they are green, and those in that pic are blueish.

11. Covarr

Covarr

Sentient Cash Register Member
    Trapped in my own thoughts.
    Two stageplays, a screenplay, and an album
    [​IMG]

This appears to be the same screenshot.

12. /dev/sr0

/dev/sr0

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DAjajBbWAAEu-XV.jpg:large

higher quality
    Not allowed to use , just click the link

Whatever it is, it looks amazing!

13. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    Wow, what is that cool thing? Train Station Zone?

14. DarkVDee

DarkVDee

Duke Of Palettes Member
    California
    Sonic DVD [CD2]
    It has to be Egg Garden zone cause it totally look like it but in its own original way!
    Also someone took it better
    https://mobile.twitter.com/Nirbion/status/867186075260813315

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  15. jubbalub

jubbalub

#1 Sonic Superstars defender Member
    What is this beautiful thing

16. RankoChan

RankoChan

I'm bored, k? Member
    Some random RPG project.
    Pretty cool if this indeed turns out to be Egg Garden (or its spiritual successor), always loved the zone concept.

17. Beltway

Beltway

The most grateful Sonic fan of all time this week Member
    Sega of Darkest Peru
    Artwork and classes
    Better screen shots / more clean-up attempts from Bionic Buzz and Nirbion:

[​IMG]

Definitely looks like some sort of cathedral level. I don't think its in-game though due to the lack of HUD and Sonic being off-center. My guess is that its a mockup put together with existing level assets for the zone.

18. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    That or they just cropped a screenshot :v:

19. Or maybe it's just the beginning of the level so the camera can't put Sonic in the center?

20. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    I would just die if this was some kinda Egg Garden. That's a fan game classic right there. I mean it is mostly green and aesthetically it does look like what a fleshed out version of that zone might look like. It's some kinda royal garden anyway.

And if it is Egg Garden, well then guess what folks looks like Retro Sonic will be released soon :specialed: