don't click here

Sonic Mania (Switch, PS4, Xbox One, PC...Netflix?)

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by TimmiT, Jul 23, 2016.

1. Yeah, does it say anything that while I absolutely can't stand watching Game Grumps, I have next to no problems with and am subscribed to Super Beard Bros. Format-wise, they're damn near the same thing, the only difference is that SBB is actually mostly competent, often will actually discuss the game itself, and doesn't just scream into the microphone.

I will admit that a lot of their running gags can be really tiresome, though.

2. /dev/sr0

/dev/sr0

Arin would probably think it's funny that we're discussing game grumps seriously.

But yeah, he should probably look at the gameplay a bit more seriously than he does.

3. minichapman

minichapman

I'd like to think I'll be imparting words of wisdo Member
    United Kingdom
    Staying sane.
    Sonic Mania has now been ESRB rated. Well, apart from the Switch build which may not have been submitted yet. Remember, the Switch version is not being handled by Pagoda West but by Tantalus Media whose projects in ports of Twilight Princess HD, Mass Effect 3 for WiiU and ZombiU to other consoles. Ain't nothing worth worrying about just yet.

http://www.esrb.org/ratings/search.aspx?titleOrPublisher=Sonic+the+Hedgehog&searchType=title

4. Glaber

Glaber

Has Beaten Sonic Genesis for GBA Oldbie
    Are you sure? I just checked the link and there's no sign of Mania anywhere in it.

5. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    You can search Sonic Mania and it'll be there. That and the Knuckles FBZ Trailer showed an E rating at the start of it.

6. TheOcelot

TheOcelot

Scooty Puff Jr sucks! Member
    Now that it's been rated I'd imagine they'll be announcing a release date soon. Perhaps at E3 or just before.

7. Brainulator

Brainulator

Regular garden-variety member Member
    http://www.esrb.org/ratings/Synopsis.aspx?Certificate=34935&Title=Sonic+Mania Here's the full thing. Rated E with Mild Cartoon Violence.

"Boss battles sometimes depict characters shooting "cartoony" bombs and/or oversized missles" Doesn't seem to describe anything we have seen yet... hmm... + - inb4 "missIles"  

Amazon says August 31 while GameSpot says September 22. Not sure if either of these dates are correct, but they do exist.

8. Placeholder dates.

9. Ritz

Ritz

Subhedgehog Member
    TURN OFF INDENTING AND LEFT JUSTIFY YOUR COPY

10. winterhell

winterhell

Why do they keep advertising the 60fps.... sigh

11. Because aside from the "30FPS is more cinematic" debacle a few years ago, 60FPS has become the new BLAST PROCESSING. At least it actually means something, which I'll take over a term like "immersive" any day.

12. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

In fairness, the above advert is fan-made. But no, I totally agree. I guess it's just a way of clearly telling people that it looks visually much smoother than the originals because of increased animation fidelity this time around, even though the old games were also 60fps. You'd be a fool not to expect a game like this to run at 60.

13. The text is taken from the official Sonic Mania site, though.

14. Good job man, you nailed it!

15. Dr. Mecha

Dr. Mecha

Dallas, TX
    3d Models
    Gradient on backwards.

Also, need after images.

16. XCubed

XCubed

Will Someday Own a Rent-A-Center Oldbie
    Just saw this in a bar. Tell me about those Flying Battery pipes again???

[​IMG]

17. Mr Lange

Mr Lange

A wise guy eh. I know how to DEAL with wise guys. Member
    The Land of Waldos
    Sonic Utopia, Sonic Overture
    why does flying battery zone have a bar and how did you get there

18. steveswede

steveswede

Ask my hand
    Fighting against the Unitary State of Europe
    That's an art piece hipster plumbing, not a piece of industrial function. You've got electricity running through it as you can see those lights are on, a gate valve that serves no purpose, loads of pointless tee offs with caps and to the far right a unnecessary trap. It's also amusing that so many ends are caped off yet one in the middle is open end. If there's any use to be had out of that is to remove the lights and electric cable running through it, cap off the open end and turn it into a radiator, though it would be a poor one at that because all the dead legs would be air traps unless you replace to end caps with air nipples.

Anyway I know you're having a bit of fun and I'm fully on board but did you expect a non response from a forum that's filled with the power of autism. :specialed:

19. Jesus, the guy was just posting some art he made for fun

20. Dr. Mecha

Dr. Mecha

Dallas, TX
    3d Models
    And I throw in some critiques, just for fun.

nitpicking aside, it's a nice ad; a great throwback to the original.