don't click here

Sonic Mania (Switch, PS4, Xbox One, PC...Netflix?)

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by TimmiT, Jul 23, 2016.

1. Mastered Realm

Mastered Realm

-
    Or does it?

Iizuka's involvement got me worried.

2. Slingerland

Slingerland

Oldbie
    Hechoeg Frat
    Sonic Mania
    Dudes, like... the foreground stuff.

Ya gotta get over it.

3. Chaud

Chaud

[​IMG]

I mean, you're really thinking that we will 'get over' something here on Retro?

Let me mod it and we're fine. :v:

4. Turbohog

Turbohog

I just want a release date. I think we're nearing a year since the game's announcement.

5. /dev/sr0

/dev/sr0

Tbh even with the graphical glitches Mania still looks great. It's unfinished so they'll probably be fixed, but if they aren't, what we've seen still looks pretty good to me.

6. Slingerland

Slingerland

Oldbie
    Hechoeg Frat
    Sonic Mania
    That won't be necessary.

How many times y'all find something off and Tax or Stealth come in and say stuff like this?:
    http://forums.sonicretro.org/index.php?app=forums&module=forums&section=findpost&pid=881317
    http://forums.sonicretro.org/index.php?showtopic=35709&st=2910&p=880760&#entry880760

Game's still in development. Put your pants back on. It's going to be fine.

7. Flygon

Flygon

Be patient. We know it's coming sooner than Half-Life 3. :specialed:

8. synchronizer

synchronizer

In other words, move the foreground to the background?

9. Chaud

Chaud

Oh, I do believe in this when we're talking about the little details or glitches.

But a major overhaul of what has already been shown on the FBZ? Drastically changing the parts and patterns of the floor that were broken since the original? Something tells me it's very unlikely - I still want to be able to mod it. I'm talking about something at this level:

[​IMG]

I don't think we're gonna see it. But I can be wrong, of course.

10. Andrew75

Andrew75

Technical Artist Member
    Project AXSX(Sonic Xtreme) + Misc Projects
    Maybe the graphical issues you guys are finding can be patched after the game is released? ( kinda doubtful but who knows?)

11. /dev/sr0

/dev/sr0

Idk, releasing an unpolished game and then patching it seems kind of janky.

12. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    That's just modern game development in general :specialed:

13. All I need is good physics and fun level layouts. I'm willing to overlook any aspects that don't compromise these.

14. Indigo Rush

Indigo Rush

It's kinda refreshing to see complaints about little ornamental details (that will probably be rectified by release) rather than major mechanics or design choices. Makes 2010 feel like it was 7 years ago or somethin.

15. Beltway

Beltway

The most grateful Sonic fan of all time this week Member
    Sega of Darkest Peru
    Artwork and classes
    As much as I've been something of a stickler over the reused layouts, marketing, and some weird graphical effects recently...

...seeing what Sonic Team revealed yesterday with Sonic Forces feels something of a punch back to reality. I almost feel obligated not to complain about this game anymore. Almost.

Can't be thankful enough that this game even exists.

16. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    While I'm not against Forces (I'm looking forward to Mania more but still), want to do something fun? Watch Forces' Buddy gameplay trailer then watch Mania's Knuckles in Flying Battery Zone back to back.

It's so weird how different they are and yet they are both part of the same series! Crazy.

17. VectorCNC

VectorCNC

CNC Sculpture/Artwork
    I posted this in Forces, but thought it may be more relevant here...

Does anyone else find this whole bifurcation between "Mania is for old fans, Modern is for toddlers and tweens" to be a bunch of rubbish?

Like, Sonic Mania will be extremely accessible, so if your a fan of Modern Sonic games (which until Mania has been the only game in town), why would you not be interested in also trying Mania? Now I can understand why older fans wouldn't want to play Sonic Forces, because it's much more niche and difficult to play "competently/with skill". And I guess it's obvious this is in part why Classic Sonic has disingenuously been usurped once again. But the odd thing is, they keep talking about Mania and Forces as though it's the other way around, Iizuka himself. Just retarded nonsense as per usual I suppose... Like does Nintendo say NSMB is for the old gamers? Obviously not, it's intended to appeal to both. Why does Sega have this self imposed tunnel vision from the very beginning?

18. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
  19. VectorCNC

VectorCNC

CNC Sculpture/Artwork
    Blarg, what's the use. OK.

20. Beltway

Beltway

The most grateful Sonic fan of all time this week Member
    Sega of Darkest Peru
    Artwork and classes
    On a lighter note, videogamedunkey made a video on games he played at this year's PAX East, and saves the last part of this video with some optimistic words for Mania and its devs...and a grim warning. :v

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List