don't click here

Archie Sonic Comic Megathread

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Dark Sonic, Jan 27, 2011.

1. Adamis

Adamis

Gimme waffles! Oldbie
    Belgium
    Lammy and "Fafnir"
    If he loved StC, it's new because back when we did the 20th anniversary stuff on STCO, I've asked him if he wanted to contribute (even a small text about StC or anything) and he was very blunt, telling me he barely red it and then didn't want to take part.

2. BlackHole

BlackHole

You're going to need MORE than help. Member
    England
    Complaining
    That's weird, there's a few things that look like they were based on Sonic the Comic. Like the Genesis Portals, which act like the portals that come up after the Shanazar merge. And Dr. Zachary.

3. KingOfBunnies

KingOfBunnies

I wasn't asking you for any info. Sorry if it came across that way. I just wanted to know if you liked the book, since you did the art, and you're one of the few people who have seen and read it.

4. Tiller

Tiller

HDK & World Runner
    Christ what a shit way to put the comic out of its misery. The sheer incompetence of Archie is completely legendary, but the new information about getting away from the series stings too. After Flynn and friends salvaged something out of the whole ordeal I'm sad to see it go. I simply had fun seeing where they would attempt to connect a lot of dots despite some of the story pacing issues and resolutions falling flat. Bringing back a bunch of forgotten characters was always a treat.

Whoever gets it next, since SOMEONE will, should be interesting. They probably can't continue where the others left off and we're probably going to see nearly all of the extended game cast go.

5. Boxer Hockey

Boxer Hockey

Oh, no I didn't think you were! Sorry if that sounded aggressive I didn't mean it to be, just wanted to nip the idea in the bud that I came to Retro to spill a bunch of beans. Immediately after my first post I saw that sentiment sprouting up elsewhere with screencaps and the like.
    Yes, I liked the book a lot. I personally think it was the best of the lot and I hope people can read it someday. :)

6. Tylinos

Tylinos

I really don't understand why so many people seem convinced that Sega will give the book to another company if Archie drops it. It's certainly possible, but given how Sega's been lately, coupled with all of the book's legal trouble, I wouldn't exactly call the book going to another publisher a safe bet.

7. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    Haha.... sorry about that. :X

8. To be fair, Dr. Finitevus was Karl Bollers' idea; Flynn simply attached a convincing backstory to him.

9. Way past sad if true.

10. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    Legal troubles wouldn't be an issue if a potential new publisher just used games cast, and essentially got shot of all the Archie-exclusive canon. At an outside stretch they could use the cast that were in SatAM as those would be proven outside of Archie's hands, though at the same time they'd not be able to reference any Archie stuff. The only question is whether the book'd still sell - I think it'd be worth a shot, a licensed property doesn't go on for two decades without something going for it.

11. Tylinos

Tylinos

Hey look, an actual update from Archie:

https://twitter.com/ArchieComics/status/862676437123436546

12. Turbohog

Turbohog

lol just admit it's cancelled already.

I haven't read the comic in several years, but I'm still sad we're never going to get a satisfactory conclusion to any of the character's story arcs. :/

13. Rockman Zero

Rockman Zero

Hello there, my little friend. Member
    Videos for Hellfire Commentaries.
    Although things aren't looking good, I'm still holding out until we get an official statement.

14. Yeah, I really hope Archie isn't dickish enough to say this if they didn't think there was a chance, even slim, that the comic would be continuing.

15. BlackHole

BlackHole

You're going to need MORE than help. Member
    England
    Complaining
    Any sign of an official statement on this matter, guys?

16. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    Above is the only statement we have ever got from Archie.

17. Dr. Mecha

Dr. Mecha

Dallas, TX
    3d Models
    Who want to bet that SEGA got the designs for the Freedom Fighters from Archie, and give them a chance to wrap up their storyline (as quickly as possible) ending the comic in "To be continue in Sonic Forces"?

18. Aerosol

Aerosol

Not here. Moderator
    Not where I want to be.
    Sonic (?): Coming summer of 2055...?
    Making Forces an....Archie tie-in? And then not having the Archie writer write for the game?

Nah. Don't think so.

19. Chainspike

Chainspike

Stealing rings since 1994 Member
    Death Egg Zone
    S3C Delta
    Considering how strict SOJ is on things such as these, I doubt they will let the comic lead into Sonic Forces. SOJ would never allow Archie characters into the games anyway, if I've heard correctly.

20. Okamikurainya

Okamikurainya

Somewhere in Africa
    Sonic: Time Attacked - MAX
    Plus, Archie Sonic Comics are in a zombie like state at the moment. That's bad PR, very very bad PR.

I wonder which side is actually fighting for the comic's existance in the "talks"? Archie or Sega? I doubt Sega cares at all but who knows? :v: