don't click here

Sonic Forces Thread

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Blue Blood, Jul 23, 2016.

1. Felik

Felik

"Join the resistance"

2. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    I imagine that even if the new character isn't Bubsy, one of the first mods for this game will be replacing whoever the new character is with Bubsy. :v:

3. Atendega

Atendega

Lesser Sea Sponge Member
    Comfy couch
    Collecting insults
  4. AutiMatic

AutiMatic

#SaturdayAMKillSession

YES!!! That's a Bubsy 2017 design for ya!!! I love it. It's just also ironic that if this 3rd character/play style ends up being superior or more enjoyable than the 2 play styles we've seen...it would change A LOT of things for the future of Sonic.

5. Aquova

Aquova

Professional nerd in training Member
    USA
    Oh stop, don't you dare even get me slightly excited about this.

6. Axiom

Axiom

What do you all think this new character will have in terms of gameplay style? They're not ergonomically designed for speed imo, and the "fighting-like" pose just kinda screams combat. :/

7. Sparks

Sparks

Sondro Gomez / Kyle & Lucy
    If it is a character creator, there's a chance that it's something like Sonic and his friends are rescuing civilians from the first level (I think there was something said about the others rescuing in the city and communicating with Sonic via radio?) and from the rescue rises the Resistance, and this where you, your OC Donut Steel/Coldsteel/Blonic/Bubsy/whatever that you design appears and becomes playable.

But that's just a guess based on the context of what we know already and the fact this "new character" appears in that ruined city.

8. RGX

RGX

Animator Member
    US
    I know it's still kinda early to say until we get new footage... but aesthetically in the Modern Sonic stage, I kinda wish there was more going on in the dystopian city. For example: like civilians running away from the background or foreground, fighter jets flying in the background zipping by, One of the Death Egg Sentinels knocking the planes out of the sky, squads of Gun Soldiers shooting up Eggman's mechs in the background. All we really see is the robots acting menacingly but not actually doing anything. We also see turret fire but we don't see the turrets or who is shooting at the robots. It feels kinda incomplete.

For a new graphics engine on a modern console, I expected a bit more, you know?

9. Ell678

Ell678

Am I Annoying You? Member
    Barrow, England
    Sonic Incursion
    I feel the same way. The straight lines of gunfire look boring. I know we'll be going so fast that you think "hey, cool!" and then divert your attention back to the gameplay...but still. They can do so much more.

10. Mastered Realm

Mastered Realm

-
    It would be fun if this was the third character!

[​IMG]

11. rebelcheese

rebelcheese

I've heard a theory that the third character, if it is an OC, will play in the Adventure style of gameplay. It would make some degree of sense as it would move slower than Modern Sonic but still be fairly quick, just lacking the Boost ability.

12. Atendega

Atendega

Lesser Sea Sponge Member
    Comfy couch
    Collecting insults
  13. What if the third character is Sonic from the future, being a "new" Sonic which is basically SEGA of Japans way of introducing Sonic's new design via this game.

14. rebelcheese

rebelcheese

15. Mastered Realm

Mastered Realm

-
    Yeah, that was what I meant by posting the pic of Uncle Charles, it could be Sonic from the future.

16. RikohZX

RikohZX

17. XCubed

XCubed

Will Someday Own a Rent-A-Center Oldbie
    Glad that's cleared up. I saw the pyramids in the background, but the thought of merging Green Hill and Sandopolis is unsettling. Maybe there's a game mechanic that what ever is done in the past by classic sonic affects the present?

18. synchronizer

synchronizer

That's comparable to saying that the first levels in Sonic Lost World and Sonic 4 Ep. 1 aren't Green Hill Zone. They aren't, but they are.

We already had a Green Hill with a little sand, for what it's worth, and it looked rather different at least:
    [​IMG]

Okay I have to:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ICSNhMSaVgk

19. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Act 1 kinda but act 2 is even more GHZ than forces.

20. Misinko

Misinko

Bettering the world, one bugfix at a time! Member
    Cornland, USA
    Sonic 2 SMS Cleanup
    I dunno man. At least Act 2 had a cool jungle aesthetic going on. Forces just has sand.