don't click here

Sonic Mania (Switch, PS4, Xbox One, PC...Netflix?)

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by TimmiT, Jul 23, 2016.

1. Felik

Felik

Oh the thrills of discovering that every other level is a city level :v:

2. Then don't come to the thread or search about anything related to Sonic Mania?
    Seriously what is it with people that when a new game comes out they specifically come to threads about the game and then asked to not be "spoiled", or say "Don't release any more information on it to the masses cause I need to be kept out of the loop"??
    Don't fucking search Sonic Mania.
    No spoilers.
    I didn't have to look at the Star Wars trailer yesterday, but guess what? I clicked the damn video because I wanted to see it. Piss off with that "no spoilers" nonsense.

3. Josh

Josh

Oldbie
    USA
    Okay, so I won't come to this thread. But my Google news reader will provide headlines based on Sonic games. So I just won't use it between now and whenever the game comes out. But my YouTube feed is full of gaming channels that will talk about new level reveals. So I just won't go on YouTube between now and then, even though my livelihood is dependent on it. My social media feeds are ALSO full of people and entities who will make headlines about any new Sonic Mania-related news.

So, no problem. To avoid getting spoiled, I just won't do my job, go on social media, or use the internet at all between now and whenever the game comes out.

I'm specifically saying that I can't NOT do those things. If they reveal more levels, I'm going to know, and I'm not going to be upset if it happens. I'm just making an appeal that I'd prefer if the game had as many cool surprises as possible. Nobody's saying, "Hey guys, can we here in the Sonic Retro forum please just not discuss anything else revealed about Sonic Mania so I personally can enjoy it as much as possible?"

4. qwertysonic

qwertysonic

creating the biggest sonic collection
    And there is a difference between giving us some new info every so often and spoiling nearly the whole game. Remember Sonic Lost Worlds? Sega gave us a play-through of almost every level by the time the game game out. I makes me want to buy the game less if I know what all's going to be in it.

5. Deef

Deef

If the job makes it impossible to avoid info, I'd say it's an unfortunate thing about the job, not the info. But still there is the fact that it's hard to go on blackout without a release date. (Plus it might sound a bit obsessive but I can't plan my snowboarding holiday until I get a release date. :D )

6. HEDGESMFG

HEDGESMFG

Oldbie
    I just want the damn release date, then I can wait.

7. Mobiethian

Mobiethian

Oldbie
    Yes, a release date would be nice but if we can't get that info right now at least a confirmed time-frame would be more than satisfying. Making sure that the money is there at the time of release is my only concern. Keep up the great work Taxman, Stealth, and all of you creative ones! The hype is still there. :)

8. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    I remember having seen almost every Sonic 2 level in its previews and being even more excited about playng it. Same with those wacky level themes in Mario 3, I just wanted to play the giants world very badly.

I think there's a difference between spoilers of the "these are the playgrounds you'll be getting with this game" kind and those in the lines of "something happens in a really emotional scene that you shouldn't be expecting".

9. Josh

Josh

Oldbie
    USA
    Absolutely there is, and given that I'm not much of a story-focused gamer, I wouldn't particularly care about something like that.

For me personally, I don't really mind NEW levels being shown off, because I don't have any attachment or expectations with those. I'd just prefer to be surprised by any remixed stages.

When I saw Flying Battery was in, I was like, "Ooh, neat!" But if I'd been playing the game, seen the title card for FLYING BATTERY ZONE, and heard a remix of that song kick in and THERE IT IS IN ALL ITS SOMEHOW-AERODYNAMIC GLORY, it would've been an awesome moment.

10. You know, I'm just now realizing I completely agree with you! New levels will still have plenty of surprises even if you know their names and overall looks. Rehashed levels, on the other hand, have many aspects already known to us, so their mere presence is already a big part of the surprise.

11. Yuzu

Yuzu

Generations dropped the ball so hard with the city levels. Still can't believe we got Radical Highway instead of Emerald Coast or Twinkle Park lol

12. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    You mean speed highway? But Radical Highway and Emerald Coast were in Generations 3DS for what it's worth

13. Yuzu

Yuzu

Yeah, I meant Speed Highway. My bad. When I think of the original Adventure, I think of Emerald Coast, not Speed Highway.

Plus, they didn't even include the best part of the zone: daytime. :v:/>

14. big smile

big smile

Oldbie
    I am glad they had Speed Highway over Emerald Coast. One of the problem with Generations is that they had too many blue sky levels. Speed Highway at night added a little bit of variety.

15. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

Generations didn't need any more city or green levels. But I'll hand it to Sonic Team for making them all them all very distinct, even if they were sorely lacking in overarching trope variety.

16. Plorpus

Plorpus

Hog Blue So What Member
    Mirage Saloon is not the first stage in the game. It is, however, a stage first appearing in the game.

Google Translate is incredibly inaccurate when it comes to Japanese and using it can give you the wrong meaning.

17. Josh

Josh

Oldbie
    USA
    So, I just got an Amazon order update for, strangely enough, JUST the PS4 version of the Collector's Edition. (I've got it preordered for PC and Switch as well.)

[​IMG]

18. TheKazeblade

TheKazeblade

"Our Life is More than a Side-Effect" Member
    Literally was about to post the same thing. Looking like a late August release is the most likely.

19. Ashura96

Ashura96

HEROIC VERSE Oldbie
    Xbox One version says August 31. Sounds like more placeholder dates. Also keep in mind that September 4 is a holiday in the US. (Labor Day)

20. Mobiethian

Mobiethian

Oldbie
    I'm guessing the placeholder date applies to the PC release as well? I'll be keeping tabs on it no matter what. Thanks to all for the information so far. Much appreciated!