don't click here

Sonic Forces Thread

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Blue Blood, Jul 23, 2016.

1. Seem to remember Sonic 06 Eggman seemingly having a slower and more pronounced tone of voice. But I could be wrong.

2. Shaddy the guy

Shaddy the guy

Professional Internet asshole Member
    OR
    If I remember correctly, the directors told Mikey boy to tone his performance down in general, because somehow that would create a more serious effect to the character. As it happens, it didn't because he still looks like Doctor feckin' Eggman, but his voice did sound noticeably...boring-er.

3. VMordecai

VMordecai

Sonic 3 & Babylon Rogues
    I don't get why they keep using Classic Sonic as a separate character. I didn't mind him in Gen, but keep seeing him again and again? Naah... There are so many other characters in Sonic games that were stopped being developed any further, never playable anymore, except via mods. Sure, they gave us Amy and Sticks in Boom game, but...
    They promised third playable character, though, but happen it be Boom Sonic, I'll be so mad X'D Classic alone is too much!

Also I miss Jun and Crush 40 songs in Sonic games so much, I can't even tell. Not only because I love his works from the bottom of my heart, but also due to the fact he associates with the childhood Sonic games for me. And back then, Sonic was at the top.

Speaking of which, I would like to see SA1 kind of a story.
    Sonic is of a shounen genre. Keep it light hearted, but still put epic and serious things in it. Push it completely to either extent and looks like Sonic becomes boring.

But Gen was fun to play, I give it that, so I hope Forces will be too.

4. Flasher

Flasher

Brasil
    Sonic Action
    I miss Knuckles, Shadow and Silver playable. Silver is one of the characters little harnessed.
    Well... they could use it in some game.

But anyway, I'm very anxious to see what the third character will be like!

5. Ch1pper

Ch1pper

Fighting the Battle of Who Could Care Less Member
    Life.
    Third character: Boom Sonic? I know one or two anniversary-themed images featured him, which seemed a bit odd to me, unless... :specialed:

6. Sonic Warrior TJ

Sonic Warrior TJ

Have an ice time Member
    GA
    I want the Light Dash to be cool again, like in the Adventure games. Two cooler examples that come to mind are the section of Metal Harbor right after you pick up the move, and the part of Crazy Gadget where Sonic uses it to dash out into space and back into another part of the ARK. It shouldn't be overused or anything, but why bother putting it in at all if it's only going to be used for two or three boring straight lines of rings throughout the whole game? It needs to feel like a worthwhile part of Sonic's moveset, like a super power of sorts, rather than a wimpy throwback. I mean, he used to be able to run on any trail of rings in the stage, super fast. Now he just kinda...flies across a select few number of them, slower than before.

7. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    Scan of Famitsu article with new screenshots:

[​IMG]
    Source

8. Mastered Realm

Mastered Realm

-
    I'm quite disappointed in this game from the looks of it, looks like a DLC for sonic unleashed.

9. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Because we've seen so much of it :v:

But even if that were the case I'd be all for that lol.

10. STHX

STHX

SEGAAAAAAAAA?!? Member
    The world of Trophies
    Sonic In Mushroom Kingdom
    At least now we know Boom Sonic is not the 3rd playstyle.

11. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Do we? What does the article say?

12. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    https://twitter.com/BlueParax/status/852177946773270530

This should give you an idea.

13. Atendega

Atendega

Lesser Sea Sponge Member
    Comfy couch
    Collecting insults
    "I've seen literally 33 seconds of early gameplay from the first stage of a game with three different gameplay styles, and I've already decided I'm disappointed in the game as a whole"

:objection:

That is some next level knee-jerk bullshit, buddy

14. DigitalDuck

DigitalDuck

Arriving four years late. Member
    Lincs, UK
    TurBoa, S1RL
    I still think the third character is going to be Adventure Sonic.

15. jubbalub

jubbalub

#1 Sonic Superstars defender Member
    That's a bad thing? :v:

16. Sean Evans

Sean Evans

Professional Dork Member
    Earth
    Sonic Overture, Sonic Utopia
    Seeing as that was a game from 2008 with mediocre to average reception, I wouldn't really call it a "good" thing.

17. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    To be fair, the biggest reason for said mediocre to average reception was the Werehog. And Forces doesn't feature the Werehog... yet.

18. Mastered Realm

Mastered Realm

-
    You know that the initial tone for a trailer is what they think will sell the product. If they present a zone that's 'more of the same' as the 'hype-fuel' for the game you know what to expect from the rest of it.

Just remember that experience from past Sonic games, for Colors it was the Wisps, Generations and Sonic 4 the nostalgia, Lost World the new level geometry.

19. Beltway

Beltway

The most grateful Sonic fan of all time this week Member
    Sega of Darkest Peru
    Artwork and classes
    According to translations from the Famitsu interview, Morio Kishimoto is the director of Sonic Forces. For past credentials sake, he's been largely responsible for the Nintendo console-exclusive Sonic games from the past decade. He was the director of Lost World and Colors, and was (also) the lead game designer for Colors and both of the Storybook games (Secret Rings and Black Knight).

...well, that certainly explains a lot about the Wisps being back in this one, and if Lost World's lack of focus was any indication, Forces having three playstyles is definitely a red flag on this game's approach to design. -_- (Even though both Storybook games, ironically enough, actually focused on the core gameplay and were above shoehorning other material into the playstyle.)

Interview also mentions the game has been in development since 2013 (same year Lost World was released).

20. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Yea fair enough. I'm of the camp of wanting more of the same though so I suppose I feel a bit differently.