don't click here

Sonic: Time Attacked MAX

Discussion in 'Fangaming Discussion' started by Okamikurainya, Jan 28, 2017.

1. Okamikurainya

Okamikurainya

Somewhere in Africa
    Sonic: Time Attacked - MAX
    Thanks! And I hope you enjoy your return visit to Slide City. :P

It could very well be either the FruitPeel or the Marble... Thanks!
    And orange is my least favourite colour, so I'm biased in that sense. :v:
    I'll see what I can do, getting it exactly right as based on the original would be perfect, but I'm liking the smooth texture more and more. :specialed:

2. MotorRoach

MotorRoach

Decided to make my own OC for Slide City. He looks exactly like Knuckles because he's his evil twin, and that's why he's smiling:

[​IMG]

I'm just kidding, just contributing for Knuckles being a playable. Anyone in here is free to make more sprites out of this.

3. Okamikurainya

Okamikurainya

Somewhere in Africa
    That's looking amazing! Thank you!

Hopefully this is the start for a playable Knuckles. :D

4. Okamikurainya

Okamikurainya

Somewhere in Africa
    [​IMG]

Titlecard for Sonic Time Attacked MAX.

It was a little bit tricky positioning everything but I think I got it just about right. I also feel the brighter text draws the eyes better on a higher resolution. What y'all think?

5. Glaber

Glaber

Has Beaten Sonic Genesis for GBA Oldbie
    Boy do I remember this game. Back when I first discovered it, Glaber was nothing more than a Tails Recolor meant to be Ashura's Fox friend like Tails. I never beat the original, but I got to the final boss at least. Think I could have Glaber visit the city? I actually have a sheet of him, and he's not the blatent recolor he was back then anymore.

6. redhotsonic

redhotsonic

Also known as RHS Tech Member
    United Kingdom
    YouTuber
    Do I count? =P

This was the game where we used the music for my S2R hack in Gem Runway Zone (with Jamie Bailey's permission of course). ValleyBell made a remix for it for act 2 on a midi if you're ever interested in listening.

7. Okamikurainya

Okamikurainya

Somewhere in Africa
    Sure! Let me know if there's a particular place you want Glaber to inhabit in the zone.

I just have to cover a Sonic in tomato sauce and stick him in the microwave for a tick, right? :v:

I'm interested. ^_^

Edit: Just played through all of S2R, I really like the act 2 remix of Crystal Caverns. :D
    Chaos Angel Act 3 may have turned a few hairs gray though.

8. redhotsonic

redhotsonic

Also known as RHS Tech Member
    United Kingdom
    YouTuber
    You cheeky sod; that's a new one! =P

ValleyBell did all the music in S2R. I have the Midis but when he converted them to MD, I preferred them all converted except for Gem Runway. If you like the Gem Runway remix in S2R then you'll love the Midi :)

As for Chaos Angel Act 3, ouch! That's my favourite tune in the game you just dissed :)

EDIT: I'll ask ValleyBell if it's okay to share both acts of Gem Runway's Midi files to you but I'm sure he'll be fine with it. Then I'll give you a PM.

9. InstantSonic

InstantSonic

Just add water! Oldbie
    Very interesting to see a remake of a fangame like this. I remember when Time Attacked hit the scene and how people were just flipping their heads. I'll take a character slot too! :D

10. Okamikurainya

Okamikurainya

Somewhere in Africa
    Sure, hit me up with a sprite. ^_^

11. Starturbo

Starturbo

United States
    Roblet Land
    Does it have to be Sonic fan characters only? Cause, I believe the original Sonic: Time Attacked had some non-Sonic characters. If it's allowed, I'd kind of like to see my character Technic:

[​IMG]

Feel free to make changes to the sprite's style, if you want.

12. Glaber

Glaber

Has Beaten Sonic Genesis for GBA Oldbie
    any spot is alright with me.

13. Okamikurainya

Okamikurainya

Somewhere in Africa
    Nope, so long as it's a reasonable size (no Godzillas rampaging through Slide City) and yours is a-ok. I mean, the original had an upsized Final Fantasy 6 style character. :v:

14. Techokami

Techokami

For use only on NTSC Genesis systems Researcher
    HoleNet!
    Sonic Worlds Next
    GURK, my bad! I was sleep deprived when I posted that. Sorry! ._.

15. Starturbo

Starturbo

United States
    Roblet Land
    I'm assuming this is still being worked on? Also, if possible, could you please replace my character's sprite with this one?

[​IMG]

Would say to use the exact sprite he's currently using in my game, but I feel it would look way too small. Anyways, keep up the great work, and I hope to see more of this soon!

16. Okamikurainya

Okamikurainya

Somewhere in Africa
    Yip! It's mostly just grindwork at the moment and nothing that interesting to show off.
    "Modern" Sonic can now lock onto rails, which can really speed up a stage. :D
    Some progress on Lightspeed Park, though those ferris wheels are a bit of a headache with proper Sonic physics, trying to get them rworking nicely without going all Dimps on the stage.
    Duneopolis also has a level designer now, so hopefully that will bear fruit relatively soon. ^_^

And sure, sprite shall be replaced!
    I was originally intending to have three options in game for the fancharacters.
    First would be the original fancharacters, second would be the new and third would be none at all. You'd be able to choose this all in the options menu. Now I'm thinking of just adding the new characters in with the old ones, since there's relatively few... Still a while to go so who knows?

17. Can I submit both my fan character and two on behalf of my brothers? The three of us all thought having our fan characters in this back then would have been awesome, but we discovered the game after it had already came out.

18. Okamikurainya

Okamikurainya

Somewhere in Africa
    Okie dokie, there's still plenty of slots left. :D

19. I'll PM you the sprites when they're done, thanks!

20. Okamikurainya

Okamikurainya

Somewhere in Africa
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KKpp8BJqAZ4