don't click here

Sonic Mania (Switch, PS4, Xbox One, PC...Netflix?)

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by TimmiT, Jul 23, 2016.

1. DarkVDee

DarkVDee

Duke Of Palettes Member
    California
    Sonic DVD [CD2]
    I hope they sell that to the public soon instead as just a one time thing you can only get at the event cause I really would love to frame it and hang it on my wall.

2. LukyHRE

LukyHRE

The only one who has a Portal-themed avatar Member
    Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Bitching and complaining about my country -.-'
    Ditto. The moment they upload that poster in HQ I'm gonna print the shit out of it.

On another note, what about that blurry pixelated image they teased? It looks like Flying Battery Zone to me, same color palette but they already revealed that, so...

3. Turbohog

Turbohog

Not surprised about the delay. The team (as far as I know) is pretty small, so I thought a delay was basically inevitable. I'm also really glad they are starting to show us another classic level. Here's hoping we can see act 1 of Flying Battery completely soon.

4. Lythatic

Lythatic

SJ, California
    Some SA2 Review that's taking Forever
    Kinda mixed on their choice of the Sonic 3 stage, unless they're doing a separate one for 3 and S/K. I wish they picked another stage like Ice Cap or Hydrocity.

I was totally expecting a delay, and I'm kinda happy we got one, could mean more quality and other stuff.

5. Zephyr

Zephyr

US
    I definitely would have preferred Lava Reef over Flying Battery, but I love every Zone in Sonic & Knuckles, so I'm fine with it. Delay sucks, but it'll be worth it.

I mean, I really hope that you're right and it was just a red herring, because then Mystic Cave would likely be the pick, which would be fucking perfect.

God damn that would have been nice to include in the Collector's Edition.

6. Unreality

Unreality

I'm glad its delayed!

I want the developers to have as much time as possible to make this great. And its kind of nice to be so excited for a game I've waited for since the 90's.

Everything that has been revealed today looks amazing. I'm gonna have to stop reading about it though I want the majority of the game to be a surprise.

7. Sappharad

Sappharad

Oldbie
    No, that's not what happened if you watched the stream. They asked the audience if it was something they'd want, and Aaron said he'd take the feedback back to the powers that be.

Now, the same thing did happen with the collector's edition, but they did not officially announce it.

8. Taxman confirmed that both halves of S3K would be represented, back when the game was first announced.

9. Turbohog

Turbohog

They are doing separate levels for S3 and S&K.

10. Flying Battery IN MY VEINS!!

That was the Zone I was hoping they would tackle from S&K! I can't wait to see what they do to go crazy with it!

I would hope Mystic Cave got it, because that is one zone I would love to see get redone.

Issue is that if they do go with Mystic Cave..then Ice Cap seems less likely as the S3 zone as they are both cave zones...

11. Chaud

Chaud

Man, I effing love Flying Battery, I really do! But... What a missed opportunity this is!

I mean:
    [​IMG]

Although I love the design and art of the level, I always thought that the foreground had several rather odd details, and some parts even seem to suffer with some clipping. Since the game is updating the classic art, it would be a perfect opportunity to subtly solve these issues, but from what I see... Everything remains the same. Well, I will love the stage anyway, but it's a pity.

Can't wait to see the act 2. :)

12. Beltway

Beltway

The most grateful Sonic fan of all time this week Member
    Sega of Darkest Peru
    Artwork and classes
    Aside from the neat poster, there was also this boxart artwork too. Hasn't been officially uploaded in high quality, so we'll have to deal with this screenshot for now.

[​IMG]

I've been pining for new classic-styled artwork to be made for Mania and by golly I'm really glad Sega and co. are serving it up now. This stuff is beautiful.

Speaking of boxart, a TSSZ interview with Webber said that so far, a physical release for Mania hasn't been confirmed. But Webber has been informed the team about peoples' requests for a physical release, and has been vouching for it. So who knows, maybe we will get one if we're lucky...

13. KingOfBunnies

KingOfBunnies

I'm glad it's getting delayed. I was wondering why we were so close to Spring with no release date being said. I hope it's not late Summer though. If it's June or July, that shit will be perfect.

14. Aquova

Aquova

Professional nerd in training Member
    USA
    Maybe I'm wrong, but asking for the audience's opinion on a product almost always means that it is in the final stages. I think we were getting a vinyl ost regardless of audience reaction, unless they broke out into booing.

15. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    I want to know what this not-finalized pre-order bonus is, and if pre-orders for the collector's edition get it.

16. Linkabel

Linkabel

Did they mention it? If it's a preorder bonus I'm assuming the poster would be a nice option. Gamestop™ always tends to give out stuff like that so I'm assuming that's it.

And if you already had it preorder there then they'll add whatever the bonus is unless it's exclusive to somewhere else.

17. ancara

ancara

If anything, I'm more than curious about what zone from Sonic 3 they'll pick, so long they don't pull the "Flying Battery Zone is the zone for Sonic 3 & Knuckles :^)" card on us. Barring Angel Island Zone and Launch Base Zone being likely out of the picture, you got four choices for it:

Hydrocity Zone: Your water level for the game if the whole ARZ being Sonic 2's zone thing isn't confirmed true. And also can lead to a lot of wild fun with water coaster shenanigans.

Marble Garden Zone: Leads to the kind of huge, almost Sonic CD-level level design they seem to be going for, plus dat funky music to be remixed.

Carnival Night Zone: Meme choice due to The Barrel, and also allowing some wacky fun ideas for new level design.

Ice Cap Zone: Obligatory ice/snow zone for the game, and also the second coming of "endless ICZ remixes hell" :v:

18. Crappy Blue

Crappy Blue

Knuckles' Chaotix is a perfect game with no flaws Member
    Not saying this to be rude, but this info's been stated several times in this thread alone. A Sonic 3 zone is happening, no more need to fret ever forever again ever.

19. ancara

ancara

Sorry about that. I guess I've gotten so use to the idea of no Sonic 3 standalone zone due to music shenanigans that I blanked out there and did a stupid. My bad, lad. :v:

20. Uberham

Uberham

King Of Oblivion Member
    Flying Battery Zone makes me a happy panda.