don't click here

Sonic Forces Thread

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Blue Blood, Jul 23, 2016.

1. Jimmy Hedgehog

Jimmy Hedgehog

England - Slough
    Getting the motivation to continue old projects
  2. Sparks

Sparks

Sondro Gomez / Kyle & Lucy
    Glad to know they're still gonna try and deliver the news despite the setback.

3. Fenrir

Fenrir

Eh. Member
    I think Sonic Team needs to stick with the boost gameplay regardless of what people may think of it. They've clearly shown no signs of being able to design a competent game without it (Hi Lost World), and I feel that's almost entirely because of their completely baffling need to change the formula every other game. Boosting has by far been their most successful attempt, mainly because they stuck around with it for more than one game and allowed it to evolve. That's not to say they couldn't do a different gameplay style if they really tried, but I don't really trust them to do that at this point.

That being said, there are cerainy improvements to Boosting I'd like to see made.

4. TheKazeblade

TheKazeblade

"Our Life is More than a Side-Effect" Member
    If they can't find a workaround for making sure the event is livestreamed I won't be too disappointed so long as they get it out fairly soon after.

Just so as long as they don't do what they did last year and use SxSW as an announcement to an announcement. It was a terrible move to pull.

Just want a minute or so of gameplay, a few seconds of cutscene, a name and maybe a release season. Anything additional is just an added bonus. Ultimately, with Mania getting close to release, they should use this opportunity for one final strong, brief hype push to get it out the door and spend the majority of the time getting Project 2017's hype train going proper.

5. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    I don't think they would pull and announcement of an announcement, as then what would the reveal trailer have been? Plus the hype towards it? We'd be at an announcement of an announcement of an announcement of an announcement. Any reasonable person would know that's too many levels of announcements.

6. Beltway

Beltway

The most grateful Sonic fan of all time this week Member
    Sega of Darkest Peru
    Artwork and classes
    :|

The Hedgehog Engine is a lighting engine, it's has no effect on the gameplay (though it is heavily crafted around the playstyle Unleashed and its ilk utilize).

Sonic Team can make a boost game using an entirely different graphics/lighting engine if they wanted. They even technically did this with Colors (emphasis on technically, as boost and boost management takes a backseat to the Wisps powers and block platforming).

Sorry if I'm coming off as patronizing, by the by. For some reason, the Hedgehog Engine being mistakenly referred to as the gameplay engine for the boost titles seems to be a rather prevalent phenomenon, and it's a tad bit ridiculous to me. :v

7. There is a live stream happening...but its from a certain site. You all can guess who Im talking about.

It might be the only stream doing it live as it happens.

8. Jason

Jason

*Results not lab tested. Member
    The stream claimed that Gene is going to be hosting a stream right after this one on the official channel, containing clean versions of the trailers shown. 7pm EDT.

9. XCubed

XCubed

Will Someday Own a Rent-A-Center Oldbie
    And that site is slammed!! It's so slow!

10. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6xM_MK8yRA4

11. Covarr

Covarr

Sentient Cash Register Member
    Trapped in my own thoughts.
    Two stageplays, a screenplay, and an album
    Thanks for that. Great sound quality on this stream.

12. XCubed

XCubed

Will Someday Own a Rent-A-Center Oldbie
    EDIT: Disclaimer----I've never seen one of these live before, so please excuse my n00bisms.

Thank you! And thanks to Apple TV!

"Basically Mania Just Got Delayed" LOLOLOLOL, so we were expecting this.

Sonic Heroes-like poses in that new art.

Sega: We really DON'T want to disappoint our fans.

Album???

Oh geez, now cue the theories on that pixelated new zone image....LOL, like, was that necessary?

FLYING BATTERY ZONE??????WTF???HOWWWWWW??????OMGGGGGGG https://youtu.be/GyXg9kAp4Vc

I guess since Sonic 4 basically re-did Sky Chase and Wing Fortress....why the fuck not?

Sonic Project 2017: Sonic Forces.......why would they choose something so similarly sounding to Sonic "Four"?

Forces of "Good" vs Forces of "Evil"......SA2 Hero/Dark much?!....Hmmmmmmmm

13. Saidian

Saidian

England
    Blast From The Fast (Fangame)
    SONIC FORCES! HOLIDAY 2017

Finally, we have a proper name!

14. Jason

Jason

We got a name, kids. Sonic Forces.

15. Pretty cool, different at least

16. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    Edited thread title. =P

17. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

It's a cool name. And a good logo.

18. Yeah, I agree. Pretty fresh

19. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    [​IMG]

20. Jason

Jason

I get the feeling the gameplay is a behind closed doors thing. We may not see gameplay today. Probably E3 or after Mania is released. Whichever is first.