don't click here

Sonic Mania (Switch, PS4, Xbox One, PC...Netflix?)

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by TimmiT, Jul 23, 2016.

1. 360

Light Vision Overdrive Oldbie
    United Kingdom
    Sonic Neon
    Yeah those cases heavily indicate a physical release is happening at least on Switch. Hoping for more physical releases on other platforms.

2. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    I'm gonna guess the covers on those cases are fan-art. Still, going by the replies, it sounds like it's happening.

3. Icewarrior

Icewarrior

I'm a member of S.T.A.R.S !!11!!!1!! Member
    Pretty sure it's fake.
    Someone at NEOGAF also proved it:
    http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1338264

4. Lyrica

Lyrica

(Formerly: Donnyku) Oldbie
    Pennsylvania
    Wedding Planning
    my favorite part is the shoddy copy paste job on the Sega logo

5. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    Seems like that's just used as a placeholder. Going by the Twitter replies the store has a physical release for Switch in their database. And going by some other online store listings, other stores do as well.

6. Beltway

Beltway

The most grateful Sonic fan of all time this week Member
    Sega of Darkest Peru
    Artwork and classes
    If there's a retail release coming, hopefully it's not exclusive to Switch. There's been a clear demand for a physical release of the game on the PC/XBO/PS4 platforms prior to the Switch reveal, many people interested in the C.E. prior to the Switch conference (myself included) expressed disappointment that it was only coming with a digital code and not a physical copy. So for the Switch to be the only platform to get a retail release would be very disappointing.

7. steveswede

steveswede

Ask my hand
    Fighting against the Unitary State of Europe
  8. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    It was in the same batch as the model sheets. Date unknown as most of its contents, I believe.

9. Uberham

Uberham

King Of Oblivion Member
    What's the point? Either Tails is invincible ala classic sonic, so doesn't need a shield, or he has his own ring count, which will be crappy, especially with a younger or less experienced player, think the Bonus Stages of Sonic 2 for the perfect example of that.

10. Sir_mihael

Sir_mihael

DON'T TRUST THIS MAN Member
    It would be absolutely fantastic if Sonic Mania landed to coincide with the Anniversary Artbook. The true Christmas would here at last.

11. 360

Light Vision Overdrive Oldbie
    United Kingdom
    Sonic Neon
  12. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
  13. I haven't watched many Mania videos so far, so some things in that latest video bothered me a bit. That crazy Sonic CD-esque underground layout doesn't match the rest of Green Hill Zone at all, which has an otherwise very sane and believable structure overall. The rings that follow the moving platform also don't go well with the rules stablished by the classic games, it just seemed like a gratuitous showing off of one of the engine's features.

I'm sure that I'm very late to the party and these points have been discussed to death already, but I decided to voice my opinion just in case.

Still looking forward to the game, of course, I'm sure I'm gonna like it better than anything Sonic related I've tried in the past 15 years, but I coudn't help noticing these little discrepancies. Hopefully these little details won't have much of an impact on the final experience.

14. Felik

Felik

I felt the exact same way when I first saw that but didn't feel like it's worth bringing up. The fact that it was only used in one instance certainly didn't help the case.

15. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    I was actually thinking the same thing :specialed:

16. Atendega

Atendega

Lesser Sea Sponge Member
    Comfy couch
    Collecting insults
    I wouldn't say it's anything near Sonic CD-esque. If anything, it's a more open version of 3&K.

...And are we really complaining about something so benign? We needn't limit ourselves solely to the conventions put forth by the existing Genesis games.

17. Rosie

Rosie

aka Rosie Member
    You must be new here =P

18. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    GREEN EYES :specialed:

19. Atendega

Atendega

Lesser Sea Sponge Member
    Comfy couch