don't click here

Sonic Mania (Switch, PS4, Xbox One, PC...Netflix?)

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by TimmiT, Jul 23, 2016.

1. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

I've got to admit... The portability of the Switch is only now starting to excite me.

2. JcFerggy

JcFerggy

Do you want to taco 'bout it? Member
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    GoldenEye: Source, Other Stuff
    Hey Team Mania, I have a quick question that you can or cannot comment on. If Sonic gets a Invincibility while he has an elemental shield, is he still prevented from using their double jump abilities? It was one thing in Sonic 3K that always bothered me and it could be an easy change to make. You could even change the coloring of the sparkles to match the shields type.

3. Spanner

Spanner

The Tool Member
    You know, it's probably been answered (or hinted at) in these previous 200 pages, but what's with the Sonic 3 1UP track being used?

In my head I can easily come up with a 1UP song with the Mania theme, so I can't understand why the theme couldn't be used.

Just a gripe I have I guess...it's not such a deal breaker although a little questionable, the game is still good regardless and it's great how years of work from various fan productions found their talent put into an official game.

4. Aquova

Aquova

Professional nerd in training Member
    USA
    It would probably be a pain to implement, but super cool. And while ToeJam & Earl had that slight pause when switching to 2P, the massively increased power of modern consoles might be enough to not need that.

5. The Taxman

The Taxman

Tech Member
    Retro Engine & Related Projects
    It's a bug that was introduced as a result of using the corkscrew animation in a different way in another part of the game. No biggie. This is why demos are show floor only haha. We're a small team so we it'd be counter productive to direct our efforts to polishing up a released demo instead of focusing on the game proper.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  6. Well, to be fair, since the typical negativity towards modern Sonic games are "Hold Right to Win / Hold Boost to Win", it just seemed kind of funny that a glitch would be exposed by going left.

7. Sui Eel

Sui Eel

captan Member
    I really wanted to see what happened after that breakable wall...

But the player didn't know to spin dash at it. This is causing me actual anxiety.

8. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

He's clearly never played a Sonic game before. Watch what he does when Sonic goes through a loop - he rotates the analogue stick. He's not the only one to do so either. I saw it in some other footage, and I remember laughing as a child when my Mum would try to do the same. Is Sonic really that unintuitive?

9. Rosie

Rosie

aka Rosie Member
    Has there been any rumblings about a release date or when we might hear about a release date? "Spring 2017" isn't too far away at this point.

10. VectorCNC

VectorCNC

CNC Sculpture/Artwork
    No biggie?? That's awesome! Can't wait to see how it's being used :)/>

11. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Launch Base/Metropolis/Carnival Night/Angel Island confirmed :specialed:

12. TheKazeblade

TheKazeblade

"Our Life is More than a Side-Effect" Member
    Don't forget Flying Battery ;)

13. The hardware limitations are certainly gone, but an instant switch from full screen to split screen could be disorienting for the players... That pause in T&E also serves the purpose of letting the players know where each character will be. I guess that with modern hardware you could animate the transition to/from split screen quickly using transparency while resizing and splitting/joining the separate views, without ever pausing the game.

I doubt they're gonna implement something so different from the classic games, but I really wish it was possible to have a decent collaborative 2-player mode in Mania and even in the classic series.

14. Sui Eel

Sui Eel

captan Member
    I mean, I'd figure after going up and down a few slopes, one would get the idea of what is going on with the movement and weight in the classics. But maybe that's a bad assumption.

15. KingOfBunnies

KingOfBunnies

So, am I out of luck with getting a Switch Collector's Edition pre-order? Was gonna cancel my PC pre-order and go to the Swtich, but I guess not.

16. Okamikurainya

Okamikurainya

Somewhere in Africa
    Sonic: Time Attacked - MAX
    Quick question to those who have been lucky enough to play this:
    When you Drop Dash, before you land, do you get movement locked or can you still control as if you've jumped normally?

17. VectorCNC

VectorCNC

CNC Sculpture/Artwork
    I am in the exact same boat. As I've said before, I ordered the PS4 collectors edition from EB Games, and was irritated I would have to buy a PS4 just for this game, so when it was revealed to come out on Switch I was happy and wanted to cancel the PS4 pre-order. I called EB Games every day to change my order to the Switch, but they never stocked Collector's Edition for Switch. Good thing I didn't cancel my PS4 copy. So I guess I'll have to buy the regular version for Switch too, but at least don't have to buy a PS4 and will still get the Sonic figure. Now I'm just hoping the figure is decent and not hollow plastic with raunchy seems running the length...

18. Flygon

Flygon

You know the irony? The Switch port is gonna be amazing... but the Wii U would've been perfectly suited to this sort of co-op multiplayer.

So, unless they require multiple Switches and/or allow multi-machine multiplayer for PC/PS4/XBOne? We're kinda boned, hahaha.

19. D.A. Garden

D.A. Garden

Sonic CD's Sound Test Member
    Just wondering if I missed it, but has there been any mention of the Collector's Edition for the Nintendo switch coming to the UK/EU yet? I have the UK Collector's Edition pre-ordered for the Playstation 4 on Amazon, but I would much prefer the Nintendo Switch version (if there is one over here). I have also tweeted @Sega_Europe about this, but they have yet to respond, so I still don't know if it's even a thing or not.

20. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

No word yet, but I wouldn't bet on it. It's not even listed on Nintendo's European website, and we don't know if it'll launch on the Switch at the same time as on other platforms. Considering that we're not even getting the PC version in the Collectors Edition over here and the fact that it's HUGELY expensive compared to in the US... Keep your PS4 order for now. It's not looking likely.

I've got a PS4 CE order. I'll swap to the Switch if that gets announced for release at the same time, but otherwise the PS4 version is fine for me. I'll be getting the game on every platform that I have access to. Got to show my support for this one.