don't click here

Sonic Mania (Switch, PS4, Xbox One, PC...Netflix?)

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by TimmiT, Jul 23, 2016.

1. DarkVDee

DarkVDee

Duke Of Palettes Member
    California
    Sonic DVD [CD2]
    Wow. New info on Studiopolis zone : D . I'm glad you guys stick with the original, the other names sounded good also. Care to share on some history on Mirage Saloon zone while you're at it? I would like to know more on it (even though I already know it's Desert Dazzle, I still wanted to know more).

2. Sparks

Sparks

Sondro Gomez / Kyle & Lucy
    Gonna second that, but I just enjoy hearing any developer/development stories. I assume a lot is under NDA right now though.

3. Icewarrior

Icewarrior

I'm a member of S.T.A.R.S !!11!!!1!! Member
    So they've been showing Sonic Mania at that Sonic 25th anniversary party in SEGA Joypolis Japan, with Sonic & Tails in Green Hill act 1 and apparently 2 as well:
    [​IMG][​IMG]

http://www.famitsu.com/news/201612/25123834.html
    http://www.4gamer.net/games/350/G035069/20161226021/
    http://www.gamer.ne.jp/news/201612240011/

Unfortunately, I haven't found any video of the event.

4. Google Translate says that the demo ended as soon as Act 2 started. Nothing new after all (although someone who can actually read Japanese is more than welcome to dispute that, I know it's not exactly conclusive.)

5. SonicBurst

SonicBurst

That one guy Member
    Germany
    What can I say about Sonic Mania. This looks so good, really promising. I like it that they reuse the old zones from classic Sonic games such as Sonic 1, Sonic 2, Sonic 3 and Knuckles and Sonic CD. I kinda want to see Quartz Quadrant and Ice Cap again. I also like the new Desert Dazzle, now called Mirage Saloon. Also, when they add Act 1 bosses for Every Zone, it would be great! I wonder if the first boss of Sonic 1 returns... That would be nice to see!

6. MastaSys

MastaSys

Everybody already suspected this to be the case, but it's great to have some confirmation.

7. Beltway

Beltway

The most grateful Sonic fan of all time this week Member
    Sega of Darkest Peru
    Artwork and classes
    I wonder if the next crop of new information for Mania (where it be screenshots/footage of new zones, gameplay features, or more information about the game's development or release) is going to be more of a general press release (new trailer + screenshots + more information)?, Or is it going to be more of the backstage/press-specific showcases we've gotten so far since the initial reveal (stuff like Mirage Saloon zone reveal and information bits like the ratio of remixed vs. new zones and appearing characters).

I think it's about time we got something akin to the former. It kinda feels like Mania is kinda becoming more of a background thing, despite being closer to release and (as I mentioned prior) having a bigger marketing push compared to some of the previous Sonic games. Even its debut trailer is slowing in viewership, as opposed to the Sonic 2017 trailer in which it continues to grow steadily (despite having less information about it revealed).

8. TheKazeblade

TheKazeblade

"Our Life is More than a Side-Effect" Member
    It'll probably get one more huge push in March or April in preparation for its spring release, but I think right now they're going to get a little bit of the Project 2017 hype train going since the scuttlebutt right now is that there will be more of it revealed in Nintendo's Jan. 12th Switch info dump.

9. Beltway

Beltway

The most grateful Sonic fan of all time this week Member
    Sega of Darkest Peru
    Artwork and classes
    Really? Interesting. None of the the handful of supposed leaks/rumors of details of the upcoming Switch conference I've read about has mentioned anything about Sonic.

And I thought common consensus was that Sega wanted to get Mania out the door first before talking more about Sonic 2017, hence the game not having any notable news since the teaser trailer was revealed (a throwaway line about a new character appearing in that project notwithstanding).

10. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    Wait, really? Where is this coming from?

11. TheKazeblade

TheKazeblade

"Our Life is More than a Side-Effect" Member
    Nothing official, just conjecture on Twitter based on the Sonic facebook commenting more info on it is coming "soon." But it makes sense. They're less than a year away from release now, provided it doesn't get delayed, so they'll probably need to start promoting it.

Mania had had over 6 months in the limelight and they've shown off probably about as much as they ought without spoiling too much of the experience. I think it's safe to assume they're bottling up the rest of their promotional stuff until a month or so before release so it launches with a huge bang.

12. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    It would be so cool if they announced Switch multiplayer with Sonic, Tails, Knuckles and Rosy the Rascal Amy.

13. Laura

Laura

Brightened Eyes Member
    I hope Quartz Quadrant makes it in, just to see a mad Tee Loopes mix of the amazing music.

I imagine it will be Stardust Speedway (which is awesome mind you), but Quartz Quadrant would be so amazing.

I hope Quartz Quadrant makes it in, just to see a mad Tee Loopes mix of the amazing music.

I imagine it will be Stardust Speedway (which is awesome mind you), but Quartz Quadrant would be so amazing.

14. Rudie Radio Waves

Rudie Radio Waves

Italy
    Many a game.
    I totally agree, but you seem to have posted the same two paragraphs twice.

15. Indigo Rush

Indigo Rush

If Quartz Quadrant does in fact make it in, I'm curious to see what kind of changes are made. The original version seemed fairly short, so I would love to see it get revamped extensively.

Also kinda wondering how the Miracle Planet gets roped into the story. That's another thing, too: what about the story? Do we have any details on that besides Sonic and friends kicking Eggman in the shins again?

16. Rudie Radio Waves

Rudie Radio Waves

Italy
    Many a game.
    We do know there is a reason why Sonic is visiting classic zones again. That's mostly it. Also, Fang and dem bois might be involved.

17. Rlan

Rlan

Oldbie
    Realised this today:

[​IMG]

18. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    Hah. Nice touch!

19. RetrospectGreg

RetrospectGreg

Fang? Wasn't there some controversy about him and that's why he was never used again?

20. Rudie Radio Waves

Rudie Radio Waves

Italy
    Many a game.
    I... don't think? Wasn't that Mighty?
    I know there's a poster of him, Bark, and Bean in Mirage Saloon, and The Taxman hinted at them having something to do in the story on his Twitter.