don't click here

The Supreme Topic of 'Other' Knowledge.

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by McGuirk, Jan 10, 2007.

1. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    How bizarre. Padding, perhaps, with PD data?

2. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    Fucking what?!

Is this address log in all versions of Sonic Adventure?

3. evilhamwizard

evilhamwizard

Researcher
    That's used by the web browser in the Japanese version. It's just some kind of address book/directory for the internet connection settings.

4. [​IMG]

Is this true? Was the answer to the Barrel hidden in plain sight the whole time?!

5. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    If that's true that is fantastic

6. DigitalDuck

DigitalDuck

Arriving four years late. Member
    Lincs, UK
    TurBoa, S1RL
    It's probably just a coincidence.

But damn if it isn't funny.

7. Clownacy

Clownacy

Tech Member
    I never noticed the similarities between Gamma and Eggman's hovercraft. The backwards legs, the circular body (and the way it's divided), even the big light, stripe down the middle, and the little vents on either side of it.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  8. NioZero

NioZero

Concepción, Chile
    Tornado Sky Fighters
    Something interesting/funny i found while playing the spanish version of Sonic Battle.

[​IMG][​IMG]

I double-checked in the english version and it seems like it's only a translation issue.

[​IMG][​IMG]

9. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

Might be worth remembering that most of us on this site don't speak Spanish. What's the translation issue we're supposed to be looking at here? Google tells me that the Spanish text translates as "No, it's not necessary. I can carry Emerl alone. Come on, Emerl. Follow me." which is virtually the same as the English.

10. NioZero

NioZero

Concepción, Chile
    Tornado Sky Fighters
    grammatically speaking, the sentence is well translated, but in spanish "alone" is written as genre-specific assuming tails is a girl

"¡Puedo llevar a Emerl yo sola!" is referring the subject as she.

A correct translation would be

"¡Puedo llevar a Emerl yo solo!" using the male version of alone.

11. Turbohog

Turbohog

Have you noticed if that's the only instance where the Spanish is written so that the gender-specific words are in the feminine form? Maybe the translators though Tails was a girl. lol

12. NioZero

NioZero

Concepción, Chile
    Tornado Sky Fighters
    I'm starting the third chapter and for now that is the only instance where tails is referred as she. I recently purchased the game for my gba.

13. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

Ah, okay. Thanks. I never would have noticed that.

14. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    Kazuyuki Hoshino listed his top 5 games of 2016 and his reasons why for an article for Game Informer:
    http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2017/01/01/developers-from-capcom-square-enix-and-more-share-their-top-5-games-of-2016.aspx?utm_content=bufferd1f1c&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer&PostPageIndex=2

15. minichapman

minichapman

I'd like to think I'll be imparting words of wisdo Member
    United Kingdom
    Staying sane.
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/282264952939

Any idea why-
    1. This exists
    2. There's apparently only six known copies in existence.

Someone in the community must own a copy, I remember seeing a scan of this variant on the wiki.

16. Hez

Hez

Oldbie
    [​IMG]

Looking at that image -- it looks like there are 6 vilians. I'm willing to bet those were the original bosses. 6 levels. The baddy behind him would have been the "Eggman" of the series. Also, since the game took a lot of influence from the Mickey games, I bet the final boss would have been similiar to this

http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/disney/images/7/7b/Pete_(World_of_Illusion).gif/revision/latest?cb=20140606223821

17. Turbohog

Turbohog

Sorry to poke a hole in your theory, but the weird purple guy wasn't a boss. He was just a normal enemy, seen in some proto screenshots. Also your link is broken.

18. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    I feel like the only significant characters on that are Eggbee, Sonic, Madonna, and that Kirby series esq Nightmare baddie. The rest seem like in levels enemies. Speaking of Kirby though, I kind of wonder though if Eggman was supposed to have a more similar role to King Dedede, where he's the villain in a way but he's not completely bad, sometimes just misunderstood in his intentions. Or maybe he was supposed to be something like Snively and just be the main lackey. Who knows.

I don't know how I'd feel if the boss of a level was Super Dildo Brother there.

19. Hez

Hez

Oldbie
    I totally forgot about those new screenshots a few years back. Could have still been there for testing? Who knows.

EDIT: Meant this picture
    [​IMG]

20. Adamis

Adamis

Gimme waffles! Oldbie
    Belgium
    Lammy and "Fafnir"
    There are some interesting bits of Sonic CD sketchesin this issue of Beep! Magazine !

[​IMG]