don't click here

Sonic Unleashed (Debug enabled beta)

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Lanzer, Nov 24, 2016.

1. Dario FF

Dario FF

Tech Support Hotline Tech Member
    Well here's the first sizable goodie I found from just looking at the files. The entire layout for the early version of Savannah Citadel is inside of the disc, but without the geometry:

https://youtu.be/EJ_der-54II

For comparison.

https://youtu.be/2atOJMpqDYk

It should be easy to make it playable, but there will be no terrain to look at sadly.

2. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Oooh that is interesting. That's the same layout from the leaked Sonic Unleashed trailer prior to the game's announcement.

That layout looks more fun for some reason.

3. NeKit

NeKit

Russia
    Sonic SCANF
    Here are some videos N69 took on modded console:

4. Kyuu

Kyuu

Memory Access Violation Member
    Oh man. This is awesome. I love Unleashed, this is exciting. :)

Question - Will an Xbox with a flashed disc drive be able to run this, or do I need, like, a properly modded/jtagged/whatever console? I'd love to muck about with this, even if it's unstable.

(Jeez, it's been over a year since I've posted here, hasn't it...? Oh well, whatever :v: )

5. NeKit

NeKit

Russia
    Sonic SCANF
    You need JTAGged or console modded with Reset Glitch Hack, flashed disc drive is not enough.

6. Kyuu

Kyuu

Damn, that's too bad. Time to start saving up I guess :v:

Still, this is really cool. Fascinating to see how drastically things like Mazuri's level layout changed in just a few months, hopefully there's some other fun stuff like that lying around. :)

7. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    If you look closely on the swinging bars it says "Push A Button" when you're supposed to release. IIRC Unleashed had no indicator for when to press A off the swinging bars (Sonic 06 and Generations did have an indicator though). Maybe they didn't get around to finishing it?

Also I like how that stage was less about showing off drifting.

Ooh this is going to be fun.

Jesus Christ though did Griffith say "WOOOOOOH" this much in the final? It seems like the final versions of all the boost era games specifically make Sonic shut up more than in the beta versions.

8. Kyuu

Kyuu

I forget what voice clip actually plays (if any, or if it's just a sound effect), but Sonic doesn't go "WOOO!" every time you stomp on the final, at least.

9. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

There's no voice clip for stomping in the final. In the final, WOOOOOOO is reserved only for boosting, but even so I think it's playing more in the beta than it does in the final. Voice clips in the final are more varied and only play sporadically.

This is the E3 version. Sonic says "yeah" everytime he boosts, and stops boosting when switching rails, which causes him to say it even more often.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-Bg1S6PHmc

10. Radfordhound

Radfordhound

I dislike my profile picture more every day Member
    Sonic Adventure Remastered, HedgeLib, and Forces Modding.
    Extremely awesome find! :)

A friend of mine saw this post and wondered if it meant final Unleashed could load XML particle emitters. So, out of curiosity, I tried hitting a rocket in
    Dragon Road using the XML particle linked in your post (didn't feel like spending the whole day downloading the beta just yet.. haha).

Turns out, the final game actually DOES support XML particles just fine (and this isn't even on 360, this is on PS3)!
    I was even able to edit their color to make them blue as proof that it was actually loading from the XML.

[​IMG]

11. Twilightzoney

Twilightzoney

Tech Member
    Elgin, IL And Hampshire
    Unleashed and Generations Stuff and Custom Works
    This is some pretty neat stuff we are finding out. I did end up getting the Free Camera Mode working You have to beat a Level to work it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Might have to look at all these changes that are in these layouts. Since that certainly isn't there in the final game.

Edit: Was comparing the Geometry with the final geometry for Mazuri. And its quite a bit different things are off a bit in the areas that are the same.

12. AstroSeedP

AstroSeedP

I took a look at the movie (SFD) files in the ISO and I found 7 of them. Now, two were just CGI videos (Opening & Repairing Mazuri) & another two were the region-specific SEGA logos so nothing good there.
    However, I did find three interesting ones:

[media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b6Mm5VoPtOg&feature=youtu.be[/media]

1st one is a high quality version (well, not on youtube) of the E3 trailer. - This might help in determining the actual time this build was made.
    2nd & 3rd are BETA versions of the transformation animations.

13. N!NJA

N!NJA

Under your bed.
    Collecting all Cartridge based Sonic games and their regional variations!

We already have the following dates from disk,

Disk was written 1/09/2008.
    XEX says Sun Aug 31 22:41:02 2008
    Dev/Install menu says Revision 6005 Mon Apr 21 06:50:59 2008.

I'm sure there was an HD version of that trailer about before seems to have been lost to time though.

14. Paraxade

Paraxade

I was talking with Dario about this a while ago. There's a kiosk demo of Metroid Prime that was leaked that has an internal build date of July 2002, but there's some evidence that suggests it's actually earlier than that (early June or before). I think in their case what they did was they reverted back to an older stable demo build of the game (ie the E3 demo) and recompiled it with minor changes for the kiosk, instead of trying to get their dev build stable enough to demo. It's possible SonicTeam did something similar with this build, so the real date could possibly predate the internal build date by a decent margin.

15. Twilightzoney

Twilightzoney

Tech Member
    Elgin, IL And Hampshire
    I seemed to have nailed it down to being around 4 buttons that you have to mash basically. Unless I figure out the right ones.

This thing is the set editor itself. Lets you place objects move sonic around and enemies and layers. This is truly amazing.
    https://twitter.com/TwilightZoney/status/806387068565852160

I will upload a video when I can. But I can't seem to get it to work. All I know is when I got it to work all I had to do was click both sticks to enter in and out of it. I can't seem to pull it off anymore. Was trying for an hour. Can't seem to replicate it.

16. Paraxade

Paraxade

Oh shit, really? That's nuts :O I wonder if there's a way to get that feature to turn on in the final game. I know the Generations and Lost World executables still have a lot of editor/debug stuff left in them, it'd be cool if we found a way to get these features running in those games as well.

17. N!NJA

N!NJA

Under your bed.

That's a sweet find. I had a try on my 360 XDK but no luck. Only thing I managed was to crash it a bunch of times. Maybe it only works in set areas or something?

I wonder if there's a file somewhere on the disk which has the key combos. Might be able to find that and others we may have missed.

18. Twilightzoney

Twilightzoney

Tech Member
    Elgin, IL And Hampshire
    I nailed it down to pressing/mashing RB and Right Stick form what N69 told me once you have it opened you can open and close it with clicking the Right stick and navigating it through with the D-Pad. Its takes a bit sometimes I can get it first try sometimes not. It works everywhere. Even on the title screen.

I was wondering about there being a key combo list myself. I'll have to check.

19. N!NJA

N!NJA

Under your bed.

I'll have a try again next time I turn on my XDK. Thanks for that. :)/>

And yeah a list would make sense. Not great at coding/hacking myself so I'll have to elave to you guys :P

EDIT: Shame seems there used to be more test stuff.

#Application.ar.00 > ArchiveTree.xml mentions

<DefArchive>
    <Name>ActD_Test</Name>
    <Archive>ActD_Test_Dummy</Archive>
    </DefArchive>
    <DefArchive>
    <Name>ActN_Test</Name>
    <Archive>ActN_Test_Dummy</Archive>
    <Archive>TestEvilEnemy</Archive>
    <Archive>TestEvilLargeFloor</Archive>
    <Archive>TestEvilPathFinding_01</Archive>
    </DefArchive>

It's possible this may have been on the missing disk2.

EDIT 2: Didn't have any luck enabling this myself but I did break the game lol.

[​IMG]

EDIT 3: Game play changes I've noticed. (Least from watching YT footage never played the retail.)

In the werehog stages the Little Rex's are purple like the E3 footage.
    [​IMG]

Sonic can crawl around and clips through the floor not sure if he can in the final.

The Yellow/Gold diamonds aren't added yet.

The ? thing is missing.

20. AstroSeedP

AstroSeedP

Is it possible to run this on a PS3, debug menu and all, or will I have to mod my game and replace files instead?