don't click here

Sonic Unleashed (Debug enabled beta)

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Lanzer, Nov 24, 2016.

1. Rika Chou

Rika Chou

Tech Member
    I think assemblergames has the 7 year rule.

2. N!NJA

N!NJA

Under your bed.
    Collecting all Cartridge based Sonic games and their regional variations!
    Not a problem in doubting. I'm not really an active member and you get so many claiming to have beta's which are rom hacks show up lol.

I don't think that rules written public it's normally only mentioned to people who release Sonic beta's here like myself/drx/orengefox/etc.

It was Orengefox who told me about the rule via private message about a year ago. It was as I found an unknown Sonic Colours Wii RVT-R disk and I wanted to post here along with M&S 2009 but I was told it couldn't be as it has to be 7 years old. (FYI: Colours turned out to be a review build which was exactly the same as retail minus being on an RVT-R.)

There seems to be some sort of agreement with SEGA regarding newer Sonic stuff. But it's fine long as 7 years have passed since the release date of the game.

Once stuff can be shared here though I will post a thread for the other stuff. And as mentioned it will be on Assembler. @Rika Chou AG's rule is 4 only thing they have a problem with is current gen stuff and sdk's etc.

3. Chimera

Chimera

I'm not a furry. Tech Member
    Castlevania prettyness
    Wow. This is some pretty incredible stuff.

Can't view all the images right now. Did you manage to find any way of toggling dynamic global illumination debugging? I remember that was one of the things they showed off at GDC a few years ago. Wonder if any of that's still viewable.

4. N!NJA

N!NJA

Under your bed.

I haven't really looked. The install/dev menu is very buggy and anything missing causes the xbox 360 development kit to crash. I did spot some graphics settings will take a look shortly as I put the disk away for now.

EDIT: None of those sort of settings worked. It just crashes the console. I think some may be on the missing disk 2 or possibly it's a network link not sure. I did have a mess around and took a few more screenshots with some boss levels etc.

I think a couple of the stages are empty as nothing moved when I tried them. One of the backup levels can be played but the other doesn't load. :( (Can possibly be hacked back in?)

These will likely be the last screenshots until the release on Friday 9th. (Don't want to do all the finding for you lot :P) Click the iamge to open the fullsize link if you want to view. Or all can be seen here: http://imgone.co/category/unleashed

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. Twilightzoney

Twilightzoney

Tech Member
    Elgin, IL And Hampshire
    Unleashed and Generations Stuff and Custom Works
    I'm gonna have a field day with this, gonna end up looking into the xex and dumping whatever is on there and comparing to final build. Very awesome.

Also I notice that the results screen says Next or Replay like in Generations but this wasn't in the final game to replay levels would have to go back and go through to get into the level.

6. Paraxade

Paraxade

That first screenshot looks like one of the DLC levels from the Mazuri Adventure Pack, that's kinda interesting. I remember they showed that level in the Mazuri trailer for the game pre-release and I always thought that was weird. I wonder if it was originally meant to be part of the main game.

7. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    It probably was. I'm pretty sure that quite a few of the Werehog DLC stages were originally intended for the main game at least. Like iirc unfinished versions of the DLC acts were found in the main game by using glitches. And I think one of the Arid Sands DLC acts was also shown in one of the game's trailers.

8. MissingNoGuy

MissingNoGuy

Sounds totally automated. Member
    Holy shit, YES.

Gonna take some time later to look through this. Absolutely amazing.

9. N!NJA

N!NJA

Under your bed.
    Been looking around about Unleashed today and it seems the arm / debug stuff is known about.

http://forums.sonicretro.org/index.php?showtopic=21851

Hopefully when I release this on Friday the 9th you can find more awesome stuff.

10. Twilightzoney

Twilightzoney

Tech Member
    Elgin, IL And Hampshire
    Yeah final Unleashed let you enable a few of those debug settings. Had a setting for letting you view light field position colors. Even Sonic Lost World has this leftover as well in the HHD file.

Since this has most of the debug stuff can finally test all those parameters finally. Used always try messing with it on the final version of the game. Curious about the #SystemCommon.ar.00 since that has the debug stuff in there. Once it is released I'll go about getting the rest of the levels to match that format to play on this one to see if the objects are even usable for later levels and how they act like in EggmanLand or Adabat.

11. synchronizer

synchronizer

Any chance that the unused / incomplete Werehog level sections shown in the trailers (Arid Sands with the falling monoliths or Jungle Joyride's ending room with the falling trees) will be playable? If the unused ending section of Savannah Citadel night is there, then maybe... I'm also curious whether we can finally figure what those strange purple mushrooms at the end of the level (Savannah Citadel) in the released build are.
    I can't wait!

12. N!NJA

N!NJA

Under your bed.

Interesting didn't know this. Serves me right for neglecting newer sonic games. :P I tried opening #SystemCommon.ar.00 with Generations Archive Editor but it failed. Not sure if there's an Unleashed version? Also talking Generations #SystemCommon.ar.00 in Generations does contain a Debug.prm.xml file. Sadly I have no way to test Generations and cannot post here. Trying to track down a cheap Xbox 360 XDK but I keep missing them lol. The one I have is a prototype and is stuck on older dashboards and I'm not hacking it.

EDIT: Never mind found an unleashed ARL extractor.

Sadly got no clue. I haven't really played it much only about an hour or so tops. Not really into the newer games myself.

13. Twilightzoney

Twilightzoney

Tech Member
    Elgin, IL And Hampshire
    Oh from what I know the files in Unleashed are Xbcompressed in the final release so you'd need SDK tools to decompress them or there was another made tool that doesn't use the program to handle it. But once decompressed it can be use with the GensArc editor.

14. N!NJA

N!NJA

Under your bed.
    https://mega.nz/#!i4VGGQyA!qBJTfnlRUm8Y1w-1unRg5l2DebL7qFpmuz52dUo674I

Already had the SDK installed. Hope this gets you excited for the rest to come. :P

15. Twilightzoney

Twilightzoney

Tech Member
    Elgin, IL And Hampshire
    Since these files here show some neat differences for object production stuff that went and got changed. Most of it seems to be the same but yeah the debug settings stuff in there is interesting. Seems not everything is enabled or added curious what will happen if it does get set to true like the final one.

[​IMG]

Left being the one you sent right being the final. Can't wait though. More stuff I can dig out of Unleashed the merrier.

But yeah object production xml shows that quite a few things changed throughout the development. And the objectdefine.obc.xml as well.

In the sound xml evil battle theme fade out took even longer in this build compared to the final one.

Actually what happens when you beat the level and it says press Y to replay. Since there is a setting in here for replay. Only thing that kinda matches up, since the replay xml says stuff about controlling it. From the looks of it Replay might actually replay the level you did and control the camera with a free cam while it plays. Looking at the xml settings. If so thats amazing.

Man this stuff is nice. Wonder if they are using an older havok version as well now.

16. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    I wonder if this build has any shield monitor leftovers.

17. N!NJA

N!NJA

Under your bed.
    So I'm currently tracking a lead on a possible Wii Preview build of Unleashed. (Not the one DRX has.) along with some other bits. Will try to keep things updated on how it goes.

18. synchronizer

synchronizer

Any updates on werehog unused level content?

19. AstroSeedP

AstroSeedP

Are any of the SFD files different than their retail counterparts?

EX: Does the title loop video still show the same game footage as it does in the final game?

20. Dario FF

Dario FF

Tech Support Hotline Tech Member
    The particle materials and particle emitters are all in a readable XML format, compared to the final game where they left them on a binary format only.

Example: http://pastebin.com/ZhGZJpSR

This is a tremendous help towards cracking the original formats and making a converter for Generations.