don't click here

Sonic Mania (Switch, PS4, Xbox One, PC...Netflix?)

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by TimmiT, Jul 23, 2016.

1. DigitalDuck

DigitalDuck

Arriving four years late. Member
    Lincs, UK
    TurBoa, S1RL
    I don't see the word "only" in there anywhere.

2. TheKazeblade

TheKazeblade

"Our Life is More than a Side-Effect" Member
    Well if they intended for it to be taken that it might include anything other than the 5 Classics, why didn't they say "By reimagining iconic Zones and Acts from GAMES INCLUDING...." they give no indication that they will be working from anything else besides what they mention there. It's a bigger leap to assume they would base it on anything else.

3. DigitalDuck

DigitalDuck

Lincs, UK
    TurBoa, S1RL
    I didn't assume they would base it on anything else. I said they didn't explicitly say it.

4. Saidian

Saidian

England
    Blast From The Fast (Fangame)
    Is there gonna be any chance the European pre-order price for the CE is gonna drop? Even taking into account VAT, it's still more than £10 over the American price...

Still buying it whatever, cos, well, Sonic fucking Mania :v:

5. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    Doesn't look like you'll be able to get it for cheaper than it is right now. They're going to stop taking pre-orders soon, after that the only way you'll probably be able to get the CE is by getting it from eBay or something for a much higher price. Stores may still sell CEs for a short time at launch because of people who cancelled their pre-orders, but those will likely sell out pretty quickly.

6. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    They haven't, but given how marketing usually works I will be shocked if anything else gets included.

7. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

Pretty much this. It's pretty a bit pedantic to claim that they haven't explicitly stated otherwise, when all indications point to them meaning it's only those five games. They may well throw in little snippets (ala Palmtree Panic's layout cameo in Green Hill), but full levels seems way out of the question. I'd even say that the caves in Green Hill are more inspired by Generations than S1 8-bit.

8. DigitalDuck

DigitalDuck

Lincs, UK
    TurBoa, S1RL
    Now hang on a minute.

I only claimed that they hadn't explicitly stated otherwise when someone said categorically that it was only the Mega Drive games in response to being asked if material from other games was going to appear. I even went further as to say that it's likely it is only those five (in name, at least) with interpretations of other zones within them. Then Mr. T barged in with his "facts" claiming they did explicitly state otherwise, by posting a link where they don't explicitly state otherwise.

I don't think my original claim was pedantic at all. I was merely trying to say that when someone asks, "will be there stuff from other zones too?" the categorical "NO" isn't right.

9. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    So I'm guessing the decision for not releasing an European PC collectors edition is final?

10. Josh

Josh

Oldbie
    USA
    ...I could have sworn that there was one announced a few weeks back.

*Google*

Yep, no Mandela Effect this time, here you go: https://blog.eu.playstation.com/2016/10/17/sonic-mania-collectors-edition-races-into-europe/

EDIT: OH. PC. Derp.

11. Hukos

Hukos

I just want Sonic Mania to be up for preorder on Steam so I can give Sega my money already.

12. Deef

Deef

Two things I feel like pointing out.

1. They didn't say Mania will have more zones than Generations. They said it will be longer than Generations. That could simply mean time-to-complete. They could have been explicit in saying more zones, but they weren't.
    2. Everyone here has assumed S3&K counts for 2 games. Everything the Mania team has said refers to it as one title. Sonic Generations took it the same way. In fact if someone said "One zone from Sonic 3 & Knuckles", it would be pretty clear that's only 1 zone. Again, "Sonic 3 & Knuckles" is the only way they've referred to the 2 pieces of plastic.

So there's quite a bit of mistaking hope for probability going on, I think. We could get 7 zones of good length and everything they've said would still be true.

13. DigitalDuck

DigitalDuck

Lincs, UK
    TurBoa, S1RL
    Sonic Generations didn't take S3K as one game. It quite clearly shows Sky Sanctuary as being from "Sonic & Knuckles" in the credits. They just chose three games from each era.

14. TheOcelot

TheOcelot

Scooty Puff Jr sucks! Member
    Taxman clarified on NeoGaf a while back that they are re-imagining stages from Sonic 3 and from Sonic & Knuckles. So at the very least there will be one re-imagined zone from S3 & one from S&K.

15. MissingNoGuy

MissingNoGuy

Sounds totally automated. Member
    Huh, that's pretty neat.

Here's hoping a good S3 zone returns. As long as it's not Carnival Night or Launch Base, I'm excited about that. S3 has the best zones in my opinion.

16. Okamikurainya

Okamikurainya

Somewhere in Africa
    Sonic: Time Attacked - MAX
    Can anyone with a deeper knowledge base put up a list with all the various Zone features, gimmicks, Badniks, layout cameos and such that were merged into Greenhill Zone Act 1 from other Zones?

17. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

Green Hill Act 2 (big part of the layout)
    Palmtree Panic (a small part at the lowest reach of the caves)
    Green Hill Generations/8-bit (caves)
    Emerald Hill (corkscrews)
    Marble Zone (Bat Brain)

That's everything, I think.

18. Okamikurainya

Okamikurainya

Somewhere in Africa
    Sonic: Time Attacked - MAX
    Ta muchly.

Makes me wonder if we'll be getting more Marble Zone stuff in Act 2, the Zones are "right next to eachother" after all.

19. Icewarrior

Icewarrior

I'm a member of S.T.A.R.S !!11!!!1!! Member
    You're right!
    http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=211224651&postcount=1660

That said, if Mirage Saloon and Studiopolis end up being the only new zones, we'll indeed have 7 zones in total at the very least. But I believe there's gonna be more. :)

20. Deef

Deef

Well, still that isn't explicitly saying zones. I mean, Ocelot wrote earlier "that they are re-imagining stages", but Taxman only said "stuff". But being Taxman I doubt he'd hoodwink us.

If it had been Ken though for example, I'd see that as almost a guarantee of there not being 2 separate zones. So I guess I reserve a tiny bit of concern. Don't lynch me; Sonic 4 happened, everything was bs, I'm still traumatised.