don't click here

Sonic Mania (Switch, PS4, Xbox One, PC...Netflix?)

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by TimmiT, Jul 23, 2016.

1. Sapphire

Sapphire

It's like boo! Member
    Oh man, I thought I was the only one who thought of this similarity! Even if it's an unintentional shout out to that level, I appreciated seeing those piano keys again - Music Plant was one of my absolute favorite levels of the Advance games.

2. MissingNoGuy

MissingNoGuy

Sounds totally automated. Member
    Music Plant was the best thing ever in that series.

3. Zephyr

Zephyr

US
    I'm not sure if anyone's posted about this yet, but did they make a badnik based on Wave the Swallow?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Tell me I'm not the only one seeing this.

4. Drex

Drex

Lazy perfectionist Member
    I'm pretty sure it's a coincidence. The badnik fits in pretty firmly with the the stages color scheme and general bird motif. Unless it pulls out its own hoverboard then can't see any resemblance outside of it being purple and having a beak.

5. DigitalDuck

DigitalDuck

Arriving four years late. Member
    Lincs, UK
    TurBoa, S1RL
    Looks like a cross between

[​IMG]

and

[​IMG]

to me.

6. DarkVDee

DarkVDee

Duke Of Palettes Member
    California
    Sonic DVD [CD2]
    It's good that we're getting new badniks for this game, I'm honestly getting a bit tired of seeing the same old kinds over and over.

7. XCubed

XCubed

Will Someday Own a Rent-A-Center Oldbie
    You mean:

[​IMG]

AND

[​IMG]

AND

[​IMG]

AND

[​IMG]

AND

[​IMG]

AND

[​IMG]

8. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

Part of me now really wants to see Marble Garden in this game, with a lone chain of spikeless, non-moving Bubbles hidden away in a secret room or something.

9. VectorCNC

VectorCNC

CNC Sculpture/Artwork
    Or maybe there is a MGZ style earthquake, and when the ground shifts and suddenly gives way crushing 100 of them, in a real "who-gives-a-shit" manner... :v:

10. MissingNoGuy

MissingNoGuy

Sounds totally automated. Member
    Marble Garden is really beautiful and I'm disappointed it was never touched past S3.

Here I was hoping it would be in Generations.

11. Saidian

Saidian

England
    Blast From The Fast (Fangame)
    We gonna get so damn spoiled. I'm hyped through the roof at this point :v:

12. Cinossu

Cinossu

Administrator
    London, UK
    Sonic the Hedgehog Extended Edition
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZtmlI0ajLU8

So I did a thing. Hello Retro, been a while since I posted. :v:

13. Black Squirrel

Black Squirrel

no reverse gear Wiki Sysop
    Northumberland, UK
    steamboat wiki
    If all the music has the same tempo, the credits will sound better :eng101:

14. TheKazeblade

TheKazeblade

"Our Life is More than a Side-Effect" Member
    I definitely picked up on the similarities as soon as Mirage Saloon was revealed. The only real question is if the similarities were intentional from a thematic standpoint or if Tee Lopes just ended up making samey sounding tracks unintentionally. If it's the latter, that's a bummer, but not a deal-breaker for me since both are still pleasing to the ear. But if it's the former, it may hint at the new stages all being connected narritively-speaking.

15. VectorCNC

VectorCNC

CNC Sculpture/Artwork
    I see what you mean about them being similar, but I don't agree that visually different styled levels need to have dissimilar styled music. In other words, if both tracks sound good, and both suit their zone, why should it matter? I guess it could be lazy from a professional standard, idk. But all I care about is that I enjoy the music, which I do. Besides (and this is probably ignorant) but lots of the genesis music has similar tempos, I can't tell you how many times I've seen the Fresh Prince of This, or Fresh Prince of That, and those tracks were all great and suited their respective zones just fine.

Also, the comment on the credits music was so true and made me lol!

16. Cinossu

Cinossu

Administrator
    London, UK
    Sonic the Hedgehog Extended Edition
    Oh, don't get me wrong. I enjoy both tunes individually. It just seems odd that they are so very samey, and considering how most Sonic games do have soundtracks where each zone's theme is distinct I worry if it'll be every zone like this.

Considering we've only heard two tunes out of however many there'll be, it could just be coincidence that the two new zones we've seen so far have similar musics and the rest are all distinctively different. As I put at the end of the video, I guess we'll have to wait and see.

17. shawnsmitherson

shawnsmitherson

RocketDogShawn Member
    I mean if you wanna get real, this song from Major Magnet sounds like Studiopolis to me too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XbHo3qGqH90

18. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

Well the resemblance is absolutely undeniable. I hope there's more variation to come. The only thing I can say about Mirage Saloon is that it sounds like an act 2 mix, particularly with the piano build up at the start. Maybe act 1's tempo, and Studiopolis Act 2 for that matter, will change thing up significantly enough to dispell the similarities as anything more than than coincidence.

19. Didn't Sonic 1 do something similar, where every single Zone had the same general tune, just different versions and tones of it? Could be that Mania's going to do something similar with it's new Zones.

Also, it's going to be freaking amazing if the music is like that because the credits aren't going to be a medley like in Generations, but a massive mash-up where every single new Zone theme is a part of a whole song. Doubt it would really happen, but that would be amazingly cool.

20. jubbalub

jubbalub

#1 Sonic Superstars defender Member
    Sonic 3K did that, not Sonic 1.

Am I the only one that isn't that much of a fan of Desert Dazzle Mirage Saloon's music? It doesn't seem to fit the level to me...