don't click here

Sonic Mania (Switch, PS4, Xbox One, PC...Netflix?)

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by TimmiT, Jul 23, 2016.

1. Slingerland

Slingerland

Oldbie
    Hechoeg Frat
    Sonic Mania
    [​IMG]

2. DarkVDee

DarkVDee

Duke Of Palettes Member
    California
    Sonic DVD [CD2]
    Finally saw the footage and I am amazed by it. I KNEW TAXMAN ZONE WAS GOING TO BE ADDED! But I wasn't expecting to be WAY more awesome than before. The zone look great and I notice that he merge his zone, Desert Dazzle with Dust Hill zone. Absolutely perfect. UH!!! I'm GOING TO DIE BYE THE HYPE DAMN IT!!!!!! IT'S TOO FUCKIN AWESOME!!!

3. Unreality

Unreality

There is definitely a feeling of fulfilled potential when prototype zones are brought into reality. It's like a correcting of history. Awesome. Hopefully we see Wood Zone in Sonic Mania 2! :v:

I think, for me, I'll have to go dark on Sonic Mania now and avoid reading about it anymore. I want to fire up the game the day it comes out and be surprised at what I see. I don't wanna know anymore zones. It's gonna be damn hard to avoid though!

4. Tiranno

Tiranno

Steveosaurus Rex Member
    They changed the jump sound as I was complaining about in my last post. That is great. I cannot wait to get my hands on this.

Now do the Sonic 3 spindash SFX and we're golden ;D

5. Deef

Deef

Love that sound test screen. Hardcore oldschool in just the right places.

I like the new sprite for Tails... bit of depth. The zone, not so sure. I didn't really dig this one in fangames, but it does have nice things about it here. In fact, a lot of nice things. Oh wow, like a lot of things. I love the openness too; not just ant hills that Tails can't benefit from.

But yes, the level's aesthetic is kinda a bit unexciting for me. But wow, everything else is really good. Really happy with all the level designs so far.

Tails' rotating jump is awesome.

So much work done to Knuckles' animation, wow. Very Chaotix.. probably preferred the Sonic 3 style but not fussed. It is a tonne smoother, can't deny that. Gliding should flatten him out a bit more imo, but the turning animation mid-flight is great. His ending pose is a bit weird.

And she said there's a Sonic CD stage in here?

I like this girl heh. She's weird.

6. JaredAFX

JaredAFX

You telling me a shrimp fried this rice? Member
    Florida
    Downloading megahertz
    15:15 in the video: "Oh wait, what are you--oh" was so funny to me XD

But anyway, how about that Desert Dazzle? I can't wait to try this game out. I'm just... yeah. Very excited. Words don't put it into perspective.

7. MegaDash

MegaDash

Pinpricks Member
    Off
    Wow.

SEGA's the coolest company in the world to make all of this happen. They just let the coolest kids on the block make a new Sonic game that everyone's been asking for, and spearhead the marketing machine for it with the coolest, dankest memelord I've ever seen on social media.

Never in a million years would I have imagined all this cool shit could be happening right now. Thanks and congratulations to Taxman, Webber's team, PagodaWestGames, Headcannon, and SEGA for finally giving the people what they've always wanted. I can only wish you the best of success, because right now you're all killing it.

After this last reveal of Mirage Saloon as a revived Dust Hill/Desert Dazzle, Sonic Mania looks like the gift that keeps on giving. Tails looks great, Knuckles makes me chuckle, the way the stage goes from shiny Sonic CD desert to a comically proportioned Sonic 2/3 Old West saloon with huge guns and wanted posters makes me giddy, and I can't wait to see what the stage bosses look like--or if we're even more lucky, who they'll be.

[​IMG]

8. DarkVDee

DarkVDee

Duke Of Palettes Member
    California
    Sonic DVD [CD2]
    I notice from the footage that the cacti look different. Like two are from Dust Hill and the other from Desert Dazzle!
    [​IMG]And yes that guy is in the way, lol.

9. MissingNoGuy

MissingNoGuy

Sounds totally automated. Member
    Brenda Ross would probably be really happy to see some of her work be a huge inspiration.

10. MegaDash

MegaDash

Pinpricks Member
    Off
    Sweet. Nice to keep seeing those little touches, even if I never could've pointed them out. I haven't studied Dust Hill screenshots or played Desert Dazzle enough to pick them out.

Man, just look at that background, though. The blue sky with clouds much prettier than Green Hill's contrasting with the bright oranges and purplish shadows of the steppes and the foreground is really like nothing I've ever seen in a full fledged Sonic game. It really is Dust Hill brought to life, and it's no wonder everyone wanted to see that stage brought to life.

By the way, regarding Studiopolis, everyone agrees that that's one of the original stages belonging to Sonic Mania, but I get some major Star Light Zone vibes from it. It looks like a more fully realized and expanded form of that stage, which was otherwise a really abstract, under-construction urbanscape at night. I've always liked Star Light Zone for evoking that dreamy nighttime ambience, so seeing some of that in Studiopolis already satisfies a desire to see how that zone might be remixed. It also makes me wonder if and how the other original stages will end up reminding me of any other Sonic stages that won't be as blatantly remixed as GHZ, which still takes pages from Palmtree Panic and Emerald Hill Zone.

11. VectorCNC

VectorCNC

CNC Sculpture/Artwork
    Does anyone know what that thing is with the moving eyes, in the picture? Sort of looked like the Robot Eggman from Sonic OVA?? Maybe I'm way off, I've been watching the new video with only the supercomputer in my pocket...

12. MegaDash

MegaDash

Pinpricks Member
    Off
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Doesn't really look like any of the previous Eggman mecha incarnations. Sonic 2, Sonic 3, the OVA--they all look different.

This may be foreshadowing a new mid-boss for the stage, or a recurring one for the game.

13. Jason

Jason

*Results not lab tested. Member
    Neo Egg Robo: "It's no use... but why can't I defeat you?"
    Sonic: "Because... we're Sonic Mania."

14. jubbalub

jubbalub

#1 Sonic Superstars defender Member
    it'stheboys

15. Slingerland

Slingerland

Oldbie
    Hechoeg Frat
    Sonic Mania
    Those dudes.

16. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    T

H

O

S

E

D

U

D

E

S

17. Slingerland

Slingerland

Oldbie
    Hechoeg Frat
    Sonic Mania
  18. MegaDash

MegaDash

Pinpricks Member
    Off
    A REAL MEME TEAM

[​IMG]

I'm pretty sure it used to be easier to download those Twitter videos.

19. Felik

Felik

So since Fang, Bean and Bark got cameos and possibly boss fights I wonder if Amy, the Chaotix and Ray are going to make cameos as well. Though I only care about Mighty and Amy.
    Also I'm digging this bearded Eggrobo design. Wonder how important he is going to be in the game.

20. MastaSys

MastaSys

From a gameplay standpoint I would love a playable Amy, I love that hammer action in the 2D plane. And Psi's hacks only made that wish grow.
    It's a shame it will probabbly not happening since some people (myself included) have some aversion to her because of how she acts in the modern era.