don't click here

I found a Waku Waku Sonic Patrol Car

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by ashthedragon, Jun 5, 2014.

1. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    Yeah, that's how things used to work at least back in the old days, but it's been a while since the last time I saw/entered one of those warehouses (which is where I saw the Mega-Tech version of Tetris for the first time, by the way).

2. Mercury

Mercury

His Name Is Sonic Tech Member
    Location Location
    AeStHete
    Is this still a thing? I could pitch in between 20 and 40 USD. I'd love to see this dumped.

3. nesboy43

nesboy43

Please let us know when you get a price from the owner. Would be glad to pitch in.

4. Rosie

Rosie

aka Rosie Member
    I'll happily throw some money in too.

5. ashthedragon

ashthedragon

Sonic Paradise Researcher
    Spain
    Sonic Paradise & Sonic Ages
    This is not the same Patrol Car I've spotted, but there is another chance to get one. I had still not the chance to arrange anything with the one I spotted. Maybe this one might be a little easier?. The price is 466$, but the shipping costs overseas and finding the place to keep the machine might be the hardest problem. That thing is huge...

I'm not Anchuela, but he is a friend of mine :)/>

6. Heran Bago

Heran Bago

Ah! It's Puyo battle then. Tech Member
    Wow. I'm surprised one of these still exists.

Repairing it shouldn't be hard for arcade and JAMMA enthusiasts. I bet certain collectors would pay a bunch for a refurbished machine. From your pictures it looks like the machine is in really good condition aside from some of the controls. You should totally buy it and sell it at a profit when you're done. I'd start with a lowball offer of like 200 and double it if they refuse. I doubt they will after you tell them it's mostly broken and needs another 100ish in repair work.

For dumping it I would talk to the MAME crowd. They'd have a better idea of that sort of thing and they'd love to add it to the collection.

7. Sploit

Sploit

I saw this link posted elsewhere and was looking into attempting to get it somehow.

I think getting it dumped would be simple enough.

8. ashthedragon

ashthedragon

Spain
    bringing this back from the dead!

A friend of mine ( @DennisElAzul ) found another Waku Waku Sonic Patrol Car at a Spanish mall ( a different one from the one this topic is about). Since it is already dumped, I have no interest on buying it, but he took a few photos of the cabinet that I think might be interesting for research or the wiki.

Here are some of them.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

You can see all of them here ( I don't want to clog the post with images)

http://imgur.com/a/cCg0j

9. AnimatedAF

AnimatedAF

That's curious: there's a Anpanman character on one of the buttons. Maybe it was a replacement button from another machine?

10. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    Oh my god, where is that??

11. ashthedragon

ashthedragon

Spain
    It is at Oviedo's Palacio de congresos ( yes, a weird place to have some kiddy rides but seems like there is a mall too. Never been there myself). The cabinet has a sticker of the import company that put it there ( I assume) , http://www.sicher.es/ . Maybe we can contact them to gather more info or even, who knows, make them bring a Cosmo Fighter and dump it too.

12. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    ¿¿QUÉEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE??

That's near my house!! O_O

13. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    Get a camera and get going then. =P

14. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    So I was randomly browsing Twitter when I noticed something.

Posted from Japan:
    [​IMG]

Posted from Spain:
    [​IMG]

Everything else seems to be the same, though.

15. Aesculapius Piranha

Aesculapius Piranha

つづく Oldbie
    Unknown
    Diva
    Goes to show you sometimes the rare finds are just chillin out next door.

16. Asagoth

Asagoth

Behold! The mighty, the flawless, salted cod eater Member
    Portugal
    wiki stuff... and a beer... or two... or more...
    Here's the Rom http://www.planetemu.net/rom/mame-roms/soniccar-1 ... good luck guys :)/>

17. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    The different label makes me wonder if:
    • There were plans for an overseas version but it got scrapped after the stickers had been made.
    • The stickers were made for exporting the Japanese machines, which would be a bit weird since the games has a warning screen against that and all... But then again, this machine appeared in Spain, so I don't know.
    • The "POLICE" sticker came first and somebody decided that it would be a better idea to show the game's name instead, for one reason or other.