don't click here

Sonic Social Media Shenanigans (This totally just happened...)

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Ashura96, Jul 8, 2015.

1. Flygon

Flygon

Clearly it references Toejam and Earl. :v:

2. Ayu Tsukimiya

Ayu Tsukimiya

UGUU~ Member
    Sonic Unleashed 2, but this time the werehog has three legs.

3. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7W7bBBC3jy8

4. JaredAFX

JaredAFX

You telling me a shrimp fried this rice? Member
    Florida
    Downloading megahertz
    I just watched all the Hedgedog videos now (because I really didn't want to watch an incomplete thing and then I forgot about it for a month lol) and I just noticed the score counts. I'm sorry if we've talked about them already. 91623 in Act 1 must be 1991/6/23, 72216 in Act 2 for the day of the 25th anniversary party, 92716 in Act 3 for... something next Tuesday? And 2017 in Act 4, probably for the release year of Mania. Do we have any idea what that 9/27 thing could be?

5. The release date for Sonic Boom: Fire & Ice.

6. JaredAFX

JaredAFX

Florida
    Downloading megahertz
    Oh. Duh. I wasn't really paying attention to Fire & Ice at all, but it was dumb of me to not look that up first before asking :v:

7. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

Well, SEGA releasing the game is just a formality at this stage because it's already been made. Virtually nobody gives a shit about it, so everyone's going to forget about it.

8. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    Well, nobody on the internet gives a shit, don't know what the kids who the game is meant for is think of it. Probably good to keep in mind that we're not the target audience for this game, which is probably also why Sega's Sonic social media team isn't doing much to advertise the game. :v:

9. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

Probably also good to keep in mind that I wasn't really being entirely serious. :>:/v

It's just that the game is being met with nothing but apathy, confusion and a side of negativity. It's a follow up to a couple of games that seemed to offend the entire gaming community with how awful they were, getting the some of the worst sales and reviews in the series' history. At least the M&S series gets decent sales. I don't know if I can really expect this game to do any better. It's got a series of the show to fall back on for a bit of marketing, but is that enough?

10. 360

Light Vision Overdrive Oldbie
    United Kingdom
    Sonic Neon
    The game is targeted at children who are fans of the television show - we are absolutely not the target audience for this game as hardcore fans of the Sonic series. The game for us is Sonic Mania whilst the children get their television tie-in game. It'll realistically do quite well as the television show is quite successful and popular. Sega green-lit the game because presumably its predecessor on the 3DS sold moderately well - the game wouldn't exist otherwise.

That said I share the apathy for the game but again this game isn't for us.

11. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Meanwhile, on the Arby's facebook page:

[​IMG]

Where they said "We're at Pumpkin Hill, you ready?" I guess they have some kinda pumpkin shake thing.

12. JaredAFX

JaredAFX

Florida
    Downloading megahertz
    I just saw this on Facebook a minute ago and I came here to see if anyone's shared it yet. I'm still freaking out. I think this is amazing.

13. Sapphire

Sapphire

It's like boo! Member
    [​IMG]

...And the Sonic Facebook page's response is just as incredible.

14. Sonic Advance 3's Altar Emerald now canon. :v

15. DarkVDee

DarkVDee

Duke Of Palettes Member
    California
    Sonic DVD [CD2]
    I never knew people put efforts into these amazing stuff. Lamo

16. Glaber

Glaber

Has Beaten Sonic Genesis for GBA Oldbie
    Isn't it just the one from Sonic adventure facing forward?

17. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator
    Far too good.

[​IMG]
    https://twitter.com/Arbys/status/787004432219340804

18. NioZero

NioZero

Concepción, Chile
    Tornado Sky Fighters
  19. Gestalt

Gestalt

Sphinx in Chains Member
    Didn't know that this was so popular (and that's probably why it's so funny). :D