don't click here

Sonic Mania (Switch, PS4, Xbox One, PC...Netflix?)

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by TimmiT, Jul 23, 2016.

1. runde

runde

Using Plan "B"... Member
    Deep in the gut of Texas
    What was I was supposed to do again?
    If there were Vanillaware / KOF XIII / Rayman Origins / Wario Land Shake it! type of sprites in this game, we'll be talking about Mania as the new game that is coming out Spring 2019.

2. IrnBru

IrnBru

Thanks ICEKnight :), Those are great, weird how I've never seen them before.

3. A dev studio is s bit different than a fan project.

4. Beltway

Beltway

The most grateful Sonic fan of all time this week Member
    Sega of Darkest Peru
    Artwork and classes
    One thing I'd like to see in a future game (since Mania seems to be going for the Chaos Emeralds approach) is actually a different group of artifacts that allow for a different powers (or a new transformation form entirely). Time Stones in Sonic CD are an example, but they only ensure the good future rather than provide an new form for the player to toy around with.

5. Flygon

Flygon

It's still very very expensive.

6. IrnBru

IrnBru

Ideally I'd like for bosses to get a boost in power if you transform to super, I've always loved how the Big Arm boss in Sonic 3 alone can knock you out of your super form, so for example, if it was the green hill boss and you turn super he flies higher and the two platforms break (to compensate for Super Sonic's higher jump) and the ball gets spikes and can now knock Super Sonic around (Maybe knocking a few rings off faster each time he is hit), It'd be hard work I imagine to come up with creative ways for bosses to be able to hurt Super Sonic but I've always thought he breaks bosses more than levels.

This way ring consumption would actually count because if your knocked out of super form you have a harder boss to deal with in regular form, adding at least a consequence to failing on a boss that isn't currently present.

The music thing has been somewhat sorted in the iOS/Android releases and Tiddles' Sonic 3 Complete but I like your idea of dynamic music that reacts to a super transformation as opposed to just speeding whatever tune is on up like Super Shoes.

7. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator
    http://playwebgamez.com/sonic-mania-collectors-edition-pc/

[​IMG]

Amazon purchase link isn't live yet. $70 USD. M A N I A BO Y S

8. Saidian

Saidian

England
    Blast From The Fast (Fangame)
    OH.FUCK.YES

9. Beltway

Beltway

The most grateful Sonic fan of all time this week Member
    Sega of Darkest Peru
    Artwork and classes
    Assuming this is real, I'm admittedly disappointed that it doesn't include a disc of the game; and instead has a download key. Having fingers crossed for a console collector's edition that does include a disc/cartridge (speaking under the assumption that Mania is announced for the NX) for its respective platform.

Other than that, it looks beautiful. Especially love the retraux American Sonic 1-style boxart (hopefully we can get a high-res image of that) and the Genesis cartridge container.

10. MartiusR

MartiusR

PC only (at least according to the picture)? Now that's really surprising.

Sadly, there is no trace of physical copy of the game, so I'm guessing it's just the steam code on this card, and rest is "just" the stuff. Pity. But on the other hand - it looks really nice. I'm wondering though what's about this cartridge - is it just a piece of plastic in shape of, well, "extended" cartridge with ring on it?

Have hope that it won't be available only in US/Canada.
    It's really irritating how many things like that are not going outside US. Hey, Sega, Europe still exist, we also want to buy stuff from you!

11. Josh

Josh

Oldbie
    USA
    AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH *inhale* HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Assuming that's real, I've basically already bought it.

EDIT: New page, so I'll quote what we're talking about:

12. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator
    This would be my main concern considering SEGA Europe's recent track record. I hope it doesn't wind up NA exclusive, but it wouldn't shock me if SOE passed this up. It's Sonic so there's a decent chance for it happening, but...

13. IrnBru

IrnBru

Okay guys, I'm fucking hyped if that's real, I'll pay delivery to bonnie Scotland for that, Disappointing that there is no physical copy of the game but oh well, that sonic statue looks the shizz!

14. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Well, take solace in the fact that you guys had the Generations collectors edition and we didn't.

But, yea. Buying that.

15. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator
    I missed out since I'm in NA. :( Happy to get this though.

16. Deef

Deef

You flip the switch and it goes "Sayyyy gahhhhh" :psyduck:

17. Aerosol

Aerosol

Not here. Moderator
    Not where I want to be.
    Sonic (?): Coming summer of 2055...?
    Yup, I've already considered it bought.

That is if it's not gone already by Friday.

18. Jason

Jason

*Results not lab tested. Member
    Bit of a tangent, but how many people here had the Model 1 Genesis growing up? I didn't even see a Model 1 in person until I was in my late teens. Everyone I knew who had a Genesis either had the Model 2, 3, or even the CDX in one case.

This looks pretty neat, if true. I hope it doesn't sell out within days of announcement though. Things are a bit tight for me now, and dropping $70 5-6 months in advance could be difficult.

19. Josh

Josh

Oldbie
    USA
    When I was really little, the model 2 was all I knew of. But I didn't get a Genesis until 1994. A friend of mine's older brother had a model 1. The model 2 Genesis came right around the same time the system started getting heavy price-cuts, and yeah, it definitely seemed a lot more common.

20. null1024

null1024

I did. Came with Sonic 1 as the pack-in game. Was weird the first time I saw a Genesis 2.

Would have dropped the cash for that sexy looking Mania Collector's edition right now if I had any money left for spending this month.