don't click here

Sonic Mania (Switch, PS4, Xbox One, PC...Netflix?)

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by TimmiT, Jul 23, 2016.

1. Covarr

Covarr

Sentient Cash Register Member
    Trapped in my own thoughts.
    Two stageplays, a screenplay, and an album
    It's worth noting that some people who don't want it also don't use Twitter, so that number would probably balance out. Not to mention, it's a safe bet @sonic_hedgehog's followers are probably disproportionately more likely to want this than the majority of the general populous, kids who just want a game, etc.

2. kullenberg

kullenberg

Couldn't find any pixel perfect screenshots yet without compression artifacts. Anyone know if they are anywhere to be found?
    I took a stab at recreating the new updated version of the palm tree in Green Hill Zone to get a better feel at the updated shading.

[​IMG]

3. 360

Light Vision Overdrive Oldbie
    United Kingdom
    Sonic Neon
    Updated poll results now an additional 5K votes are in:

Almost 20K votes and a solid 80% in favour of a Sonic Mania CE. I'd say this is definitely happening now.

4. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Ya I'd definitely buy something like this.

5. Linkabel

Linkabel

Digital code with 2 Sonic Boom DVDs for America and a statue, art book and the physical copy of the game for Europe? Sign me up!

This might be a bit too ambitious of me, but I would like Mania (or Project 17) to get the collectors edition treatment Generations got (but this time for both sides of the pond to get it)

6. Flygon

Flygon

I'm interested. But I'm also quite worried that it wouldn't be available on PC or available in Australia. Or anywhere outside of North America, for that matter.

7. Sappharad

Sappharad

Oldbie
    I got mine today, a day later than Amazon quoted. The "Shipped" status on Amazon was a lie, there was a sticker on the tag for mine showing it was manufactured two days ago, September 6th. Still has that fresh ink smell like a new book. This is the grey version:
    [​IMG]

As to how it was printed, it's definitely not silk-screened. It's not as terrible as an iron-on, but the colored areas have a texture to them like some sort of material was baked onto the shirt. That's the best I can describe it. It's not thick and crusty like some shirts I've had in the past, but the image definitely wasn't dyed into the fabric. I like the fit and comfort of the shirt at least. The printing feels slightly sticky and since it smells new, I'm going to leave it sit for a day or two before I wash it and wear it for the first time. I'll definitely report back here if there's some damage after washing. The US one doesn't feel cheaply printed to me, but I own other dark shirts with printing on them that don't have the coated texture feel that the printing on this one does.

8. ElectricSparx

ElectricSparx

United States
    Temporal Shift: Flow of Eternity
    Nice to see we're already getting fake screenshots. :v:/>

[​IMG]

9. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    It better be a fake. I don't want another Sonic Generations romp of "Grass, Grass, City, City, Fire City, Grass, City" again. :colbert:

10. Aerosol

Aerosol

Not here. Moderator
    Not where I want to be.
    Sonic (?): Coming summer of 2055...?
    You don't recognize it? That's Green Hill from Sonic Advance 3.

11. Sparks

Sparks

Sondro Gomez / Kyle & Lucy
    That might be the laziest fake screen ever.

12. 360

Light Vision Overdrive Oldbie
    United Kingdom
    Sonic Neon
    Yeah I recognised it instantly. I had a GBA SP with all three Sonic Advance games and also played them via emulation.

Those assets are directly ripped from Advance 3. It's a pretty lazy fake.

13. Chaud

Chaud

I don't think it's lazy, I mean, the person went to the trouble of adjusting the stage for it to have the correct proportion to Sonic. And I would say that it even looks 'kinda' good that way, way better than in the little GBA screen.

But, yeah, this can't be real. Perhaps if SEGA is keeping them at gunpoint or whatever, maybe. :v:

14. Turbohog

Turbohog

I dunno, still pretty lazy. It's not hard to shrink a stage. If they made the stage match Sonic Mania's art style it would be a better hoax.

But yeah. I hope there are no more "green hills" in the game.

15. I wouldn't mind some Advance stages in Mania, not that it's likely but I'd like to see what Tee Lopes could do with the music.

16. Rosie

Rosie

aka Rosie Member
    I obviously voted yes for a collectors edition, and would jump on the opportunity to buy any kind of physical copy. However there's one thing that concerns me: SEGA Europe.

17. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    I'm amazed no one has made a hack where its just Green Hill Zone from various different Sonic games for the entire game.

18. The damning thing is there are enough levels to do that too.
    Green Hill
    Emerald Hill
    Palmtree Panic
    Green Grove
    Neo Green Hill
    Seaside Hill
    Sunset Hill

I'd play it too.

19. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    Man, Tracker really did set the bar when making hoaxes. Even that Sunset Hill one is too amateur.

...Oh, uh, yeah, I just confirmed it's fake, didn't I. Well, there you go.

As always, the number help us out, so keep voting. :v:

20. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    You broke the NDA, you're going to Sega jail :specialed: