don't click here

Sonic Social Media Shenanigans (This totally just happened...)

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Ashura96, Jul 8, 2015.

1. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Whaatttt is that it's perfect.

Can this be Sonic's design from now on please?

2. 360

Light Vision Overdrive Oldbie
    United Kingdom
    Sonic Neon
    Woah that is perfect. Beautiful even. Like the perfect conversion from Sonic's classic 16 bit look in to 3D. I'd love to see that in Project Sonic.

3. MotorRoach

MotorRoach

I'm no diehard Sonic fan, but the classic model in Generations always bothered me for being based on a model sheet that has no resemblance to the classic games. This, on the other hand, is pretty much a proper model of the 90's Sonic design.

Really hoping they use this in their upcoming Project Sonic game.

4. 0.0

Is that Classic Sonic's look from Project 2017?!

ITS BEAUTIFUL
    [​IMG]

5. Aerosol

Aerosol

Not here. Moderator
    Not where I want to be.
    Sonic (?): Coming summer of 2055...?
    BRB, going to go buy some lotion.

6. VectorCNC

VectorCNC

CNC Sculpture/Artwork
    Lotion? Did someone post a video of Big the Cat?

7. TheKazeblade

TheKazeblade

"Our Life is More than a Side-Effect" Member
    Classic Sonic has literally never looked better. Coloring is perfect, attitude to cuteness ratio is perfect, animations are out of this world.

PLEASE let this be his Project 2017 look and movement.

EDIT: Ugh, Aaron put on his personal Twitter it's a fan render based on Sonic Mania. Of course it was too good to be true :'(

8. Turbohog

Turbohog

What I like most about that model is the shading. Too bad Sega has decided that classic Sonic needs to be colored with a lighter blue shade now (at least usually).

9. MotorRoach

MotorRoach

Too bad Sega decided to keep him like a baby version of Sonic for god knows what reasons.

10. VectorCNC

VectorCNC

CNC Sculpture/Artwork
    Well, it makes sense to make classic Sonic a baby, when I grew into an adult my legs also got 10 times longer...

11. That's easily my favourite 3D model of Sonic I've ever seen.

12. Felik

Felik

Your iris did change it's color though.

Also this classic model is indeed perfect.

13. Ayu Tsukimiya

Ayu Tsukimiya

UGUU~ Member
    https://twitter.com/sonic_hedgehog/status/764205164538408960
    https://twitter.com/sonic_hedgehog/status/765962072492347392

These posts feel kinda cryptic.

Amy confirmed for Mania!? :specialed:

14. Aerosol

Aerosol

Not here. Moderator
    Not where I want to be.
    Sonic (?): Coming summer of 2055...?
    That render did look really cool, but it would probably look out of place in Project 2017. Classic Sonic looks like a...classicified version of Sonic's current, modern design, rather than a 3D rendering of how he used to look. I'd be surprised if Sega even batted an eye at it.

15. Covarr

Covarr

Sentient Cash Register Member
    Trapped in my own thoughts.
    Two stageplays, a screenplay, and an album
    I know you're just joking, but that's really not outside the realm of possibility. Amy's already got a really solid 2D playstyle as established in Sonic Advance, and she's an old enough character to the franchise that there's no argument to be made that she's a "shitty new friend". If they are looking to add a fourth playable character, which wouldn't be a bad idea considering this game looks to build on the classics, each of which added their own new playable character, Amy is the obvious choice.

16. VectorCNC

VectorCNC

CNC Sculpture/Artwork
    I'm going to hold out that Sonic 2017 is a story in which Classic Sonic and Modern Sonic are on two separate timelines, which ultimately converge somehow and Sonic, through the unification, changes his look into this awesome render as posted above (even if it's just a fan render for now). I mean, "Modern Sonic" in his current form has more or less been the same for a decade, so another evolution of design is possible, I mean they did Boom Sonic right?... From one angle, unless Sega is going for 2 different character designs for 2D and 3D games, a la Mario, it's not as though pairing modern and classic together can continue indefinitely. Therefore, creating a new hybrid design which jives with both Sonic styles is perhaps even probable. Then again, if the classic style Sonic games are a hit, then Sega might see it as risky to once more dismiss classic sonic design when they have a good thing going... Of course, if they can find a middle ground and appease both crowds (as the above render may) this is possible... :psyduck:

17. Ayu Tsukimiya

Ayu Tsukimiya

UGUU~ Member
    I was really only half-joking. Amy's Advence gameplay has been proven to work perfectly in the Classic titles, and she's technically been around longer than Tails if you count that manga. The only problem is as much as I'd kill to see her in it, Sega might see anything besides the S3K trio as an open door to more "Sonic's shitty friends" criticism.

I'd also love to see Fang as a boss, but that's in the realm of pipe dreams unless Stealth or Taxman are big enough fans of him to try and get Sonic Team's permission to use him.

18. 360

Light Vision Overdrive Oldbie
    United Kingdom
    Sonic Neon
    I'd say the tweets heavily imply Amy is the fourth playable character in Mania without outright announcing it explicitly there and then.

If so awesome. Amy is the perfect choice for a fourth character, as other posters have said building on the series' legacy of introducing one new character with every game.

19. Chimera

Chimera

I'm not a furry. Tech Member
    Castlevania prettyness
    [​IMG]

Wow.

That's.

That's a really good model/rig. Damn.

I really have to wonder who did this because it's REALLY well done. The animation when he turns aint too bad either :specialed:/>/>

also Amy shit--well, it'd work if they can make her play different, and if SEGA doesn't have a fixation on making her character revolved around "love interest" exclusively

20. VectorCNC

VectorCNC

CNC Sculpture/Artwork
    I always really enjoyed her role as the infatuated Sonic groupie, and unrequited love. If she returned as an auxiliary character alone I would be very happy. I have no desire to play as Amy, and I think she filled out the "plot" in her previous incarnation, and helped to develop Sonic's coolness. -ya you think I'm the best, and I am, so what...