don't click here

Sonic 1 and 2 getting the Sonic CD treatment by Taxman and Stealth

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by TimmiT, Mar 27, 2013.

1. 360

Light Vision Overdrive Oldbie
    United Kingdom
    Sonic Neon
    Ah right okay cool. Wonder why it never surfaced again? Potentially could it be that Taxman and Stealth are too busy and occupied with Mania to work on it?

2. Turbohog

Turbohog

I've never seen or gotten any sort of answer about it. Maybe Mania is affecting it? I think the bug was pretty game breaking for a few certain devices, so I hope they fix it and put it back up.

3. Lilly

Lilly

United States
    Shang Mu Architect
    Does the app work on Android Lollipop? I seem to remember the reason Sonic CD breaks on Android is because of the installer (Which works around Google Play's filesize limit.) rather than the game itself.

If it works, I'd probably use that until there's a fix for the Google Play Store version. Seeing as all Amazon Underground apps are 100% free, (No idea what the catch is.) I can't really complain about the DRM for it there.

4. 360

United Kingdom
    Sonic Neon
    Mania must be affecting it given it's occupying Stealth and Taxman's time. That must be the reason. Can't really think of anything else.

Hope the game gets re-uploaded soon!

5. TheOcelot

TheOcelot

Scooty Puff Jr sucks! Member
    For all we know the update may already be done and is just waiting to get through the useful Google approval process. The Sonic 1 update which fixed the sound-test problem was released on the app-store like 5 months but the update for the google play store still hasn't been released (Taxman said the update was done just waiting to be approved). So I wonder if Googles app approval process is just complete rubbish.

I still have the google version of Sonic CD on my phone. Today I also decided to install the amazon version which - apart from taking up a lot more space on my phone than the google play version - works just fine. So now I have two versions of Sonic CD on my phone :v:

6. Lilly

Lilly

United States
    Shang Mu Architect
    That very distinctly reminds me of the approval process for Shantae on the 3DS' GBC Virtual Console. WayForward submitted it in no time, but I remember the process still took nearly two years before Nintendo put it on the eShop.

I guess I'll be giving Amazon Underground a try, if that's the case. It would be nice to play it on mobile at all until I can throw my money at the Google Play version.

7. 360

United Kingdom
    Sonic Neon
    Woah that is a long approval process and interesting to read! Nintendo need to get their act together if that's how long it took to approve and accept a game as awesome as Shantae. As for Sonic CD I'm still rocking the Google Play version but I'm paranoid that I'll need to purchase/download it again so I hope Sega re-uploads the game soon.

8. Lilly

Lilly

United States
    Shang Mu Architect
    >Amazon Underground App wants access to my phone's flash light, Bluetooth, identity, and a blood sacrifice to the Mayan gods.

That's a bit much just to play one game. I'll wait on the Google Play version.

It doesn't seem to be consistent with Nintendo, as far as I can understand it. Shantae took literal years to get on the eShop, then here comes the shovelware monstrosity Meme Run on the WiiU like "Yeah, this looks okay to put on the store!". :specialed:

9. MrMaestro

MrMaestro

Not your average member of a forum
    Singapore
    Solving a Rubik's cube
    That has be something i never figured out, why was it taken down from the play store. I mean that they did announce that it will be removed but why?

10. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    There's probably more to it than "it took Nintendo 2 years to approve it", I don't think we know the full story?

11. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator
    Like someone else said, it came up in the thread for CD. I don't recall the post now since it's been months, but I remember Gene saying somewhere it was to fix some issues. Haven't heard anything since. Let me snoop around and see if I can find it.

EDIT: Okay here we go.

http://forums.sonicretro.org/index.php?showtopic=27351&view=findpost&p=857333

I'm assuming something beyond their control is holding things up.

12. muteKi

muteKi

Fuck it Member
    Has anyone managed to get the game to work with a Bluetooth keyboard? I have one, and while the arrow keys do UDLR control just fine, I can't find a key on it that actually maps to jump. Anyone know anything? If it helps I'm on a Note 5 (the built-in keyboard on my previous phone, an LG Enact, worked just fine with the 1-3 number keys mapping to the ABC buttons) and the keyboard is by 1byone.

13. Lilly

Lilly

United States
    Shang Mu Architect
    I remember it was one of the letter keys when I tried it on a USB keyboard. It's the J key or something else unusual, or does it change based on the keyboard? Have you tried all the letter keys?

14. muteKi

muteKi

Fuck it Member
    I thought I had, and none of them worked. I'll do a quick check in a second.Nope, nothing.