don't click here

Sonic Forces Thread

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Blue Blood, Jul 23, 2016.

1. DropDash

DropDash

Pending Member
    Same, it would make no sense for them to focus on quality for Sonic Mania and then release another unfinished, buggy 3D title. If that happened that would basically tell the average consumer only 2D Sonic is great. I'm expecting a game at least as fun and polished as Generations which is pretty exciting.

2. I hope this game will be 1080p 60 fps. The PC version will probably run at 1080p 60 fps, but I wonder if the PS4 version will too or that only the PS4 Neo version supports 60 fps.

3. 360

Light Vision Overdrive Oldbie
    United Kingdom
    Sonic Neon
    Yeah this is guaranteed to be a quality and polished experience. It's by the Generations/Colours team and has had so long in development (the longest development time for any Sonic game ever) that it's bound to be great. Sega's new ethos is to delay games to focus on quality and this is the first game along with Sonic Mania to be affected by that new ethos. With that long in development it's bound to be a polished experience. Personally I think this is a fantastic game to follow up Generations with. A pseudo-sequel and spiritual successor to one of the best Sonic games in forever. I'm excited for this. I'm more excited for Sonic Mania but I think this looks promising, slick and cool.

Glad you agree and by the way since you're on your last post I hope you get approved!

4. Despatche

Despatche

But will Lost World ever get the respect it deserves? That's the real question.

5. bombatheechidna

bombatheechidna

Haha nope. What kind of respect does that game demand? It was a step down from Generations in every way.

6. Fixed that for you.

7. bombatheechidna

bombatheechidna

Colors too

Oh gosh so how isn't Lost World a step down from Generations too when they are for the most part the same style of gameplay? I'd really like to hear this.

8. 360

United Kingdom
    Sonic Neon
    I think at the moment what we're all primarily waiting on is more details about this. The trailer is slick, cool and promising but it tells us very little. Sonic Mania has garnered far more buzz and positive attention then Project Sonic and I think outside of it being because oh-my-god a new retro Sonic game! it's because they simply showed off more of it. If Sega made one mistake here it's not showing us enough. The trailer transitioning in to gameplay footage for example would have been wonderful and would have generated more hype. I've posted this elsewhere but Mania has a 50 plus page thread on NeoGAF whilst Project Sonic barely hit 10. I think that shows the buzz at the moment is far greater for Mania. Sega simply need to tell us and show us more. A CG trailer alone is just insufficient to generate the hype that Mania has.

Looking forward to hearing more and hopefully seeing some gameplay soon. Really want to hear more about this.

9. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

You say it's the problem, but I think it's precisely the reason. P17 is almost a year and a half away right now, whilst Mania will be out well before then. They didn't even give us the title of the game. It was just a teaser to whet the fans' appetites and to let people know that the game exists.

10. 360

United Kingdom
    Sonic Neon
    Agreed man. They simply didn't show enough. It's almost shocking in the difference in hype and buzz between this and Sonic Mania. You would have thought that the next full-fledged modern 3D Sonic game would be lighting the world on fire but Mania is instead. I know people are excited for the concept of Mania i.e. a proper 2D classic title but it's really surprising to see Project Sonic garner so little attention. Even on here the thread we have is quite short whilst Mania's is a monster. Hopefully they'll show off more of the game down the road. And yeah I appreciate the game's release date potentially being why we've only seen a short teaser.

Still though Sega need to do something to rectify the issue. They need to show us more.

11. Gestalt

Gestalt

Sphinx in Chains Member
    Let's talk about its Soundtrack real quick. Wasn't this supposed to have music by Madeon? I have just recently bought the album and it's quite good, but somewhat incompatible with what I've seen in the trailer.

12. TheKazeblade

TheKazeblade

"Our Life is More than a Side-Effect" Member
    I noticed that as well. Did whatever was getting planned for the trailer through so they went to Hyper Potions instead?

During the 25th party they brought up the Sonic Madeon riff image, so I assume they were talking about it then, but of course that was when the sound on the stream went out.

13. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    Sega wanted to use the music in a trailer. Could have been for either Mania or 2017, though I imagine it would have been for Mania considering the music in the 2017 teaser was seemingly made for it.

It wouldn't have been the first time Sega used licensed music for a Sonic trailer. Like they used an instrumental version of a My Chemical Romance song for one of the Sonic Generations trailers:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pe7GQ91VPNU
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zm8xIo_2Aok

14. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

What I was trying to say is that they purposefully didn't show a lot, and at this early stage I don't think that's a problem. Mania is due out sooner, so it's going to get a considerable amount more focus for the time being, especially since they were both announced on the same day. They don't need to show anything more right now. We're aware of it, but that's all.

15. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    Yeah, they don't NEED to show anything more of 2017 at this point before Mania comes out. They'll still have a good half a year at that point to hype the thing up. I wouldn't be that surprised if we don't see a thing more about it until Mania's out of the door.

16. 360

United Kingdom
    Sonic Neon
    Ah right! Must have misinterpreted your post a little Blue Blood. Thanks for the clarification guys and I agree to a certain extent - Mania is out much sooner so it makes sense to show more of it. Still though I think I'm just gutted we didn't see gameplay. I guess the radio silence and short teaser makes sense given this game is in the distant future. Something tells me there'll be a heavy presence and blow out at E3 next year so here's hoping. Just wanted to see more of the game. What we have strikes me as insufficient to generate hype.

I'm sure we'll be hearing much more noise once Mania is out though.

17. Iggy for Short

Iggy for Short

I'm gonna have to disagree with this completely, even if it's just due to my impatience. I'm sick of the teasing and knowing next to nothing about Sonic's next 3D adventure. Mania looks great and all but its mere existence doesn't make me any less eager to learn about Project Sonic 2017.

18. DigitalDuck

DigitalDuck

Arriving four years late. Member
    Lincs, UK
    TurBoa, S1RL
    There was no news of Generations until about eight months before it was released.

I think they'll probably wait a bit more.

19. Ayu Tsukimiya

Ayu Tsukimiya

UGUU~ Member
    They're probably trying to keep the focus centered on Mania, anyways. Once that's ready to be released, we'll probably start seeing real footage.

20. 360

United Kingdom
    Sonic Neon
    Aaron said that there's plans to "talk a lot more" about both Sonic Mania and Project Sonic in the "coming months" so Sega's intentions are to promote both games in the near future. We should be seeing more news on both projects later this year.