don't click here

The Sonic Merchandise Topic

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Retro_Stew, Jul 11, 2011.

1. KevinSanchez

KevinSanchez

You just have to find people with them it's not easy though.

They don't I was told some Sega employees wore these and they were given away in some fashion.

2. VectorCNC

VectorCNC

CNC Sculpture/Artwork
    Anyone know where I can find that Robotnik Image on the jacket's patch?

3. D.A. Garden

D.A. Garden

Sonic CD's Sound Test Member
    I'm surprised no-one has mentioned that the good Doctor is called 'Proffessor Robotnik' on that jacket (including the incorrect spelling). It's the first time I've ever heard him referred to as such, and I'm also surprised that the wrong spelling wasn't noticed before they were put out, either.

4. Antheraea

Antheraea

Bug Hunter Member
    I wonder if it's because it's on a letterman's jacket? Those are for accomplishments at school and such... :o

5. Xilla

Xilla

I fail to understand....I begin to see! Member
    I more often than not see them referred to as varsity jackets, outside the US anyway.

6. KevinSanchez

KevinSanchez

Just scored a Super Prologue 21 Jacket!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. Neowl

Neowl

feels good man Member
    London, England
    SAIL HATAN
    Whilst I don't own one of the letterman jackets (I have been after one for years now though, kudos on the find!), I do own the back patch for the jacket:

[​IMG]

8. KevinSanchez

KevinSanchez

I want that patch haha I want to put it on another jacket. Hit me up if you ever want to trade for that. I got lucky someone sold me the jacket for a good price got a lot of compliments wearing it at a music event the other day.

9. Picked up these really cool perler bead pieces at a local game shop.
    [​IMG]
    free image hosting

10. KevinSanchez

KevinSanchez

Sonic the Fighters Poster

[​IMG]

11. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Holy crap that's fantastic

12. Bloody hilarious.

13. AnimatedAF

AnimatedAF

Got my Dropdead X Sonic hoodie and bomber jacket and was filming an unboxing but they both have some pretty bad flaws (one patch on the jacket is coming away from the stitching and the sonic on the hoodie has a blue blob on his eye) and are gonna have to be returned, unfortunately they don't have my sized (or barely any now) in stock so I might have to wait a few weeks to get flawless ones back. A real shame as they are absolutely gorgeous, really comfy and well made otherwise.

14. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

Bugger. I wanted the bomber jacket too, but forgot to order it last night and now my size (medium) is sold out. It says it'll be back in stock soon, but is that likely or is all this limited edition?

15. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    I just found out that this stuff existed, so cool yet so expensive :(

16. AnimatedAF

AnimatedAF

I will say one thing: the presentation when the stuff arrived is brilliant. Came with a A4 card poster, postcard, two stickers and each clothes order came in a great sonic re-sealable bag and had little chaos emeralds. Even the tissue paper is custom and covered in classic sonic art.

17. I am not sure where to post this, but I would believe this counts as merchandise. I was doing some summer cleaning and I found it in great condition the novelty check Sega gave me on the night of the tournament. I didn't think that I still had this or in its condition, but I currently do not have room for it. It is rather large, but I am either thinking of tossing it or putting it up for auction and giving a portion to Child's Play Charity.

Not sure what to do, I thought about framing it and putting it in the game room/office, I already have the letter from Sega that arrived with the real check framed. So, I am not sure what to do.

18. KevinSanchez

KevinSanchez

1 out of 10 of my items have arrived from DropDead.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. VectorCNC

VectorCNC

CNC Sculpture/Artwork
    Omfg. I want so much of this stuff!!! It's classic sonic and adult and cool. Holy fucking hell!!' Someone behind these clothing articles loves Sonic... Take my money!

20. VectorCNC

VectorCNC

CNC Sculpture/Artwork
    Sorry for the double post, but I have a question which I am hoping someone can shed some light on:

Does Sega permit these clothing manufacturers to use their intellectual property? I see online there are different types of Sonic clothing and merchandise, some I assume to be official and others not, and I am wondering about IP law... Can anyone just use Sonic's likeness? What about official Sega images? Is there a difference between hand-made craft and larger scale production? Like, if I wanted to sell Sonic art on Etsy, or on my own website, or ebay, etc., what are the implications? I see all these site operating and selling this stuff, and I assume Sega has not given permission, or they aren't litigious, or somehow it is legal???

I'd prefer a response from someone who can speak with relative certainty, not speculation.