don't click here

Archie Sonic Comic Megathread

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Dark Sonic, Jan 27, 2011.

1. MartiusR

MartiusR

@Dark Sonic - if I'm correct, it's about the legal case(s) with Ken Penders, in effect they couldn't provide in this bundle comic issues with characters which are at this moment copyrighted by K.P. (unfortunately, I can't remember where I've read about it, so I can't quote the proper link/website)

Which is a real shame, it's probably the first time when content of Humble Bundle with Comics is so "shattered".

2. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Oh I get that. But for example, the fighters arc. Is that not a packed volume yet? Or what about Sonic genesis that is a volumed arc. These have nothing to do with penders

3. Adamis

Adamis

Gimme waffles! Oldbie
    Belgium
    Lammy and "Fafnir"
    No, the Fighters arc has not been released as a graphic novel yet.

4. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Ah. That makes sense then. Shame because the format was kinda messy due to a lack of those graphic novels. Still great deal though.

5. Adamis

Adamis

Gimme waffles! Oldbie
    Belgium
    Lammy and "Fafnir"
    You can have it collected with other stories physically in this collection though :)

[​IMG]

6. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    [​IMG]

Glad to see them doing classic Sonic stuff in the main comic as well.

7. God damn that's faithful. I've never picked up a comic book in my life, but they're doing so much wonder with this artwork that it got me highly interested in coping one.

8. TheKazeblade

TheKazeblade

"Our Life is More than a Side-Effect" Member
    Loving it. Further re-enforcing that Archie's Sonic is still the best thing in this franchise. I'm still hoping against hope that there's a reveal at the party that Flynn is writing the plot of the new game.

9. Pengi

Pengi

I could be reading too much into this, but it really looks like that image originally had green-irised Sonic, then they were greyed out. I know there have been times in the past where Sonic always had to have green eyes, even in flashbacks and the Genesis story.

10. The KKM

The KKM

Welcome to the nExt level Member
    Portugal
    IDW's Sonic the Hedgehog comic books
    You're reading too much into it. Artwork's clearly constructed to be classic, and there's plenty of instances on 90's Sonic artwork where Sonic has gray or brownish irises.

11. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    Hollllllly crap! I want to buy a physical copy of that.

12. Azookara

Azookara

yup Member
    So who wants previews of Mega Drive #1?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This is gonna be so dang good.

13. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    Welp, it has a giant enemy crab reference. Series ruined.

14. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    I'm loving this!! swear I'm picking this up.

15. TheKazeblade

TheKazeblade

"Our Life is More than a Side-Effect" Member
    Has anyone said anything explicitly denying Sonic Mega Drive isn't an adaptation of the Anniversary title :P? Because I love every little thing this series is looking to do. There just seems to be a lot of very specifically new-looking zone art stuff going on. I wouldn't mind if this kind of thing was the plot of a game.

16. MartiusR

MartiusR

I don't recall anything like that... But at this point everything is possible, so that's not telling too much :P

The style of drawing is quite nice, but for me the part of presented story/comic is quite bland, reminds me a bit those first comics with sonic, where they've implemented so painfully directly many things from the game (I personally don't like such approach, I'm fine with references, "translating" stuff from language of game to comic's/movie's language, but not that).

17. LuigiXHero

LuigiXHero

Sonic 1 Character Pak
    I like how this sonic is basically sonic from fleetway's sonic the comic.

18. Jen

Jen

#lapidot Moderator
    England
    Various drawings
    I honestly feel like a horrible person for finding that reference so funny :v:

This looks fantastic! The art is absolutely stunning. I really can't wait for this to be released, it's gonna be amazing :D

19. Sparks

Sparks

Sondro Gomez / Kyle & Lucy
    So it seems the follow up to Issue 1 of Megadrive will be.... November. Ouch.

20. Adamis

Adamis

Gimme waffles! Oldbie
    Belgium
    Lammy and "Fafnir"
    I love these pages :D

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]