don't click here

Sonic Runners announced (Sonic Team/Mobile)

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by 360, Dec 28, 2014.

1. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    Which I don't have because this game is being stingy with Red Rings now, 50 RR a pop or 10 special eggs from 10 flawless eggman victories just to spin that damn roulette wheel?! fucked up. only buddies I have atm are Light Chao, the character themed Omochaos, something that looks like Unleashed enemies, and a cartridge.

Yep! but at least I can say I beat this games campaign before it closed.

2. KingOfBunnies

KingOfBunnies

The best thing about Sonic Runners is that it gave us this gem.
    [​IMG]

3. big smile

big smile

Oldbie

Join the Sonic Runners Facebook group and ask people to friend you. They will send you revive tokens, so you will be able to play without waiting. If you send them revive tokens you will get 2500 rings for each token claimed. You can send tokens every 3 hours, so if you follow a schedule, you can easily send out tokens 5 times a day. If you have 10 friends, then you should be able to level up your character quickly or limit break it (Limit breaking boosts all score elements by 5 to 10%).

The best characters to play as are the Chaotix. Their ring bonus gives a massive score and it also gives you extra rings making it easy to level up/limit break. If you can get the RC Turtle and Tornado, then the game becomes much easier. Focus on Vector first and then Charmy (as vector gets the most rings on the power stage if you have RC turtle). If you can max limit break them, then you'll be unstoppable.

4. Lanzer

Lanzer

Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    thank you for the advice, I hope that I can get the chaotix before the shutdown.

tell me more about limit breaking. because all my characters are at 0 and if it can help me get through the campaign quicker then that would be awesome.

5. ashthedragon

ashthedragon

Sonic Paradise Researcher
    Spain
    Sonic Paradise & Sonic Ages
    Anyone here has the buddies Kuma or Rappy?

We at Sonic Paradise are trying to dump all characters and buddies models as a way to preserve the game ( and maybe, in the future, bring it back as a fangame or something?). We have all characters and almost all buddies, except those two ( since they were from the first PSO event, not many people unlocked them). So... if you did, could you please contact me? It's completely safe to your accounts and savegames, so no need to worry.

6. big smile

big smile

Oldbie
    @Ashthedragon

Here are my backups that were made between the soft launch and global launch. (Rappy is in 20150626-060904)
    http://sonic3remastered.com/sonicrunners.7z:

Would Sonic Paradise be able to extract the game story? In particular, the EASTER and PUYOPUYO stories have not been uploaded to Youtube, so they will be lost forever. (The easter and Puyo events are in the backups I have posted).

@Lanzer
    You can buy the Chaotix with rings. If you use the Facebook method, you should get enough rings in a week (or faster if you have more friends).

Limt Breaking boosts all score elements by 5% per a limit break. My Charmy and Vector are Limit Break 10, so I get a 150% to 340% increase in many of the scoring options*. It gives you a massive score.
    With 10 Facebook friends, you can limit break approx every 9 days if you send out tokens 5 times a day.

*Score Bonus, 200%
    Ring Bonus 340%
    Animal Bonus & Distance Bonus 240%
    The exact increase depend on the characters (e.g. Omega gets a 340% bonus in Enemies).

7. Lanzer

Lanzer

Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    Good luck ash, I would love runners to be brought back and maybe turned into something decent.

So, can limit break be done in any other method then linking my facebook to this game? atm I'm just kind of borrowing my brother's tablet and his google account to play this so I don't know how he'd feel about syncing this game to his FB, I'm sure he'd be cool with it but still.

8. big smile

big smile

Oldbie
    Yes, you can use gold rings and red rings (but only for characters that can be purchased on the character selection screen).
    Facebook just makes it quicker (as you get a ton of gold rings). Also, the game doesn't make any posts to Facebook without your permission, so you don't have to worry about any "surprises".

Edit: Although you would have to add Sonic Runners players as friends to the FB account, so your brother might not want that!

9. Lanzer

Lanzer

Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    Thats kinda fucked, adding people who you don't even know or want to your personal FB account or creating a fake FB just to get ahead in runners.

10. big smile

big smile

Oldbie
    On the contrary... For me the Facebook integration is one of the highlights of the game. I like sharing strategies with other players (It's how I found out about Chaotix being the best). It's also nice seeing players help each other to reach their goals of unlocking certain characters. I don't normally like social media, but this is one of the non-gameplay parts that Runners got right.

11. Lanzer

Lanzer

Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    Eh, maybe its just me I've just never liked having my online 'self connected with my social media 'self save when its absolutely necessary.

12. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    This was one of the main reasons I never played Runners.

13. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

Got to admit, I hate it too. What's the obsession with interconnectivity these days, and why do people not have more of a problem with it in general?

14. You-Are-Pwned

You-Are-Pwned

Has anyone figured out the decryption algorithm for the packets yet? The functions in "CryptoUtility" don't work anymore. I managed to use them to decrypt 1.0.2 packets, but not 2.0.3, which is the newest version.

EDIT: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UColQkcHKl59urzjzL5TS48g

Here are some Runners music dumps. Not all of them, I'm still locating new AWB/ACB files.

15. Sir_mihael

Sir_mihael

DON'T TRUST THIS MAN Member
    Yeah, Sonic Team really didn't want people actually beating this game it seems..
    It's a bit fucked, since before Chapter 50 the worst you're having to get is still less than 20 Million. For it to more than double at the end is beyond ludicrous.

Still, I'm halfway through 50-2 at the moment. I can just about manage three runs of 13/14 mil a time each evening, which gets me to a checkpoint before bed. If I keep this up I'll be done by the end of June.
    I would be playing it for more each day, but my Android device shuts down when it gets too hot and sadly about 40 minutes of Sonic Runners is enough to heat the thing up!

This game didn't just shoot itself in the foot, it blew both it's legs off and still tried to keep shooting.

16. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    Your face when you're not Anthony Burch

[​IMG]

17. Sir_mihael

Sir_mihael

Whelp. Looks like some sort of Birthday related event is going on at the moment in Timed Mode, with Palmtree Panic as the BGM.
    Not sure why now in the game's dying days an event like this is happening, but it's nice that something's still happening!

Also, just discovered recently the nice thing about the game closing down is that I can happily claim first place on the story mode S-Rank leader boards, which as of now (almost a day after the score reset) has only five other entries. Like a King sitting on a throne of rubble and dust that's flagged for demolition any moment now...

(also, my face when I'm not Anthony Burch)

[​IMG]

18. big smile

big smile

Oldbie
    It's the Birthday event from last year, they've just removed the story and the rewards for collecting cake.

19. Sir_mihael

Sir_mihael

Ahhh that does make a bit more sense. It would be unusual at this point to have something so new, although it does look as if someone's put a little '25' on top of the Birthday cake for this one, so someone in the office got creative. ;)

20. MisterHinotori

MisterHinotori

I just realized Heavy & Bomb are in Sonic Runners. *
    [​IMG]
    I also realized nobody else in the history of ever will ever connect these two things together. ;w;