don't click here

Archie Sonic Comic Megathread

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Dark Sonic, Jan 27, 2011.

1. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Yea they see have their inconsistencies. Classic Robotnik has Modern proportions, Sonic in the Snively flashback is modern, sometimes green eyes sometimes black. I'm sure they're still figuring this stuff oUT over time though

2. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    New interview about Sonic Mega Drive http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/06/09/new-sonic-comic-pays-tribute-to-sega-genesis-era

They announced that there will be another Sonic Mega Drive special later this year called Sonic Mega Drive - The Next Level.

[​IMG]

3. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

Can we just get the Archie team to do the art for the next Sonic game please?

4. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    *Tyson Hesse, he's the one doing the cover art and the pencilling in the issues.

Also some preview pages: https://twitter.com/Rawnzilla/status/740977154620555264

IT LOOKS SO GOOD

5. Azookara

Azookara

yup Member
    This is so freakin sick holy lord give me this for a hundred million years.

Are they gonna have dialogue though or is it just wordless?

6. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

As awesome as the art for these two Mega Drive issues is, generally the art used in the comics these days is really awesome all-round and a million times more interesting than the boring, lifeless 3D renders the series uses otherwise. So Tyson Heese and everyone else should be brought on board.

7. Jason

Jason

*Results not lab tested. Member
    As cool as Tyson's art is, I think Diana Skelly hits my personal tastes a bit more. She hits the right combo of expressive emotions, cartoony squash and stretch, and model accuracy.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Still gonna pick this up no question, and the art looks wonderful, but I'd also be down with Diana taking a stab at this continuity.

8. TheKazeblade

TheKazeblade

"Our Life is More than a Side-Effect" Member
    I love this so much I can't even describe it. Tyson Hesse is the best artist working in an official capacity on the Sonic franchise, period.

9. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    I think the deal with Archie!Classic Sonic (green eyes classic) and Classic Sonic here is just the result of the year were in, last year was not an important year therefore the "Classic designs can't be used for regular purposes" mandate was still in effect, therefore to get around that and still tell Sonic 2 GG's story they made up Archie!Classic Sonic/Tails/whoever and kept the likes of Classic Eggman hidden in silhouettes.

Now its the 25th anniversary, the mandate is released for now and Archie's crew is free to use the classic designs for a bit. come next year they will be back to using Archie!Classic designs and silhouettes again.

10. Jason

Jason

*Results not lab tested. Member
    Hey kids, spot the Ristar reference.
    [​IMG]
    Love it.

11. Ritz

Ritz

Subhedgehog Member
  12. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

This I fucking love. Seeing hardcore Sonic fans find a place with the series in an official capacity. We've got other artists with Archie, RubyEclipse and Gene, Taxman and Stealth and more I'm certainly forgetting. It's always so nice to see!

13. BlackHole

BlackHole

You're going to need MORE than help. Member
    England
    Complaining
    [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-GHX8dvuFUQ[/youtube]

Okay Retro, you have a very important job now, and that's to convert this comic into an actually playable game.

14. A more important endeavor: Buying up as many comics as you can so they'll make more. :v

15. VectorCNC

VectorCNC

CNC Sculpture/Artwork
    Haha I was totally thinking the same thing!! I could put one at reception at work, I could give one to my niece, one to a colleagues kid that likes Sonic, etc..

16. Tylinos

Tylinos

New solicits are out. The Shattered World Crisis is nearly over.

http://comicsalliance.com/archie-action-september-2016-solicitations/

17. TheKazeblade

TheKazeblade

"Our Life is More than a Side-Effect" Member
    Man, none of those covers are particularly great. We've been getting spoiled with that Mega Drive art lately.

18. Cannot wait for Mega Drive. Insanely good

19. Sonic Warrior TJ

Sonic Warrior TJ

Have an ice time Member
    GA
    Here's nearly $300-worth of Sonic comics for donating at least $15 to charity.

Edit: Whoops, didn't see TimmiT's post in the other thread. My bad.

20. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Screw it, I bought the bundle. I've read so many of these for free that it's the least I can do.

Kinda don't understand why they didn't release the story arc packs though rather than every individual issue.