don't click here

So I got absolutely mullered by Cracked.com...

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Ben2k9, Jun 8, 2016.

1. Ben2k9

Ben2k9

We stand to Fight Oldbie
    Manchester, UK
    none at the mo
    Yeah, nice bit of character defamation here:

My link

I'm number 2 btw, and pretty much a lot of that is wrong, I didnt "spend my whole life" trying to prove the MJ/Sonic connection, and I was a kid at the time I noticed Carnival Night Zone sampled Jam. I literally posted it on a forum and that was it, other people did the work and the interviews, the only interview I did was last year, a full 13 YEARS after I posted the clip.

2. Aerosol

Aerosol

Not here. Moderator
    Not where I want to be.
    Sonic (?): Coming summer of 2055...?
    So...whatcha gonna do about it?

3. Ben2k9

Ben2k9

We stand to Fight Oldbie
    Manchester, UK
    none at the mo
    Nothing I can do really.

4. MathUser

MathUser

3rd top wiki contributor Researcher
    Someones suing Ellen Degeneres for mispronouncing thier name. Sounds like you have a Solid case to me.

5. Zycor

Zycor

Unlike Sonic, I don't chuckle. Member
    Beats me.
    "Oh man, I'm gonna show the internet how much of a badass I am by writing an article on cracked.com about 6 people who have "wasted their lives" doing stuff I've deemed stupid and or pointless. On top of that, I'm also going to blow things completely out of proportion, I mean after all, I'm at the pinnacle point of my life writing articles for the prestigious cracked.com, after all, what I'm doing couldn't possibly ever be considered a waste of time and human existence, clearly it's these people who are wrong!"

That's what I took away from the guy's article.

Edit: It was 6, not 5. Shows how much of an impact the article had on my life.

6. Aerosol

Aerosol

Not here. Moderator
    Not where I want to be.
    Sonic (?): Coming summer of 2055...?
    Then don't worry about it. No one that matters actually cares.

7. Ben2k9

Ben2k9

We stand to Fight Oldbie
    Manchester, UK
    none at the mo
    Indeed, publicly trying to shame people is not cool.

8. 360

Light Vision Overdrive Oldbie
    United Kingdom
    Sonic Neon
    I'd say the writer of the article is an infinite amount of times sadder and more pathetic than the individual he's trying to shame. I wouldn't worry about it. It's annoying yes but as Aerosol stated no one who matters to you will care. Just stay strong and don't let it get to you. Or look on the bright side, you're Internet-famous.

9. XCubed

XCubed

Will Someday Own a Rent-A-Center Oldbie
    What the FUCK??? Are you fucking kidding me? Did someone actually get PAID to upload this garbage article? It's shit like this that goes to prove there are parts of the Media that blows absolute chunks and has not a single clue.

10. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    Said article has also had a swipe at KurtJMac, #5 in the list (the guy walking to the Far Lands in Minecraft).

Go over to http://farlandsorbust.com/ and you'll see he's made over a third of a million dollars for charity doing this. I'd hardly call that a waste.

11. Chimera

Chimera

I'm not a furry. Tech Member
    Castlevania prettyness
    Cracked has just become opinion piece as entertainment at this point, assuming it hasn't been that for a while. It's basically buzzfeed for 80's kids if you think about it.

Like everyone said, I wouldn't worry about it. Only if people start personally harassing you would this actually be an issue, but this looks like one of those teash articles no one would waste their time with. I could be wrong though.

Being that they did reference you by name and call you out for "wasting your time" you could request them pull your name in fear of harassment, or do so once you get proof of it if they're being bitches about it. There's no real reason for them to have referenced you by-name and go "haha what a loser." Still, its cracked so chances are no one will give a rats ass, but if you think someone will I guess just ask em to remove the name. Not like they asked permission anyway.

If they say no, well then they look like even bigger dicks than before :p

12. Wow, what an absolute c**t, there's gotta be something you can do about that? Stuff like this does my nut in. Kurtjmac is also awesome.

Do what you gotta do man, don't let anyone ever tell you it's pointless if it makes you happy!

13. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator
    Shameful. Even if you had "spent your whole life" trying to figure it out, attempting to identify more musical contributions from one of the most famous and beloved entertainers in history is hardly a wasteful ambition.

14. Ben2k9

Ben2k9

We stand to Fight Oldbie
    Manchester, UK
    none at the mo
    Thanks guys :) Yeah I#ll request my name being taken down if I start getting harrassed. Besides, as everyone says, they look like a bunch of douchebags trying to shame people

15. Sonic Warrior TJ

Sonic Warrior TJ

Have an ice time Member
    GA
    A lot of the site now is sponsored content and "insane things happening right now" (AKA the goddamn news). It hasn't been that great since 2012, at least. I like their videos (the "If So-and-So Were Honest" ones are funny), but they don't get the traffic from me that they used to. That's pretty fucked up what they did to you, Ben. A little sad how they can't do a little more research before shitting out terrible lists.

I had a strange run-in with the staff myself, actually. Nothing like this, but they posted something about secret menu items at places like McDonald's and Starbucks. Starbucks people hate that shit, because it's not real. People come order this shit by name and unless they can tell us what's in it, well, tough shit. Anyway, I left a comment about how secret menus make the people who actually have to deal with that shit feel, and it was instantly deleted. Hooray for Cracked.

16. Lostgame

Lostgame

producer/turnablist. homebrew dev. cosplayer. Oldbie
    Toronto, ON
    The O.I.C.
    *I* thought the whole MJ thing was fascinating, and a huge part of the reason I listen to his work nowadays. If you know both the Sonic music and MJ's work well, you can't help but see the resemblance in just the overall feeling and tone.

Screw those guys, man, I respect you.

17. Jason

Jason

*Results not lab tested. Member
    How can we get Ruby and Gene to take on Cracked's social media for this? The goodwill they've fostered on that front may leave a little more lasting impact than fans not under the official Sonic guise.

18. Mr Lange

Mr Lange

A wise guy eh. I know how to DEAL with wise guys. Member
    The Land of Waldos
    Sonic Utopia, Sonic Overture
    They should just stick to posting Seanbaby.

19. Fenrir

Fenrir

Eh. Member
    Remember, everyone: You should ALWAYS give up on your passion. Since I, as the writer of this article, see no value in any of these topics myself, clearly that means no one in the world cares about these either and they have no impact on the various diverse cultures and interests we as a human race have.

20. Rosiero

Rosiero

Mmph! Oldbie
    What the fuck, this isn't the Cracked staff listing?