don't click here

Summer of Sonic 2016

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Nova, Apr 2, 2016.

1. Nova

Nova

Hm. I might try and drag my +1 with me to the Sunday if it's feasable. We were planning a London day out anyway.

2. Neowl

Neowl

feels good man Member
    London, England
    SAIL HATAN
    YES. ALL MY YES. DO THIS.

Expect chants of "One of us!" to welcome your +1 into the group

3. Nova

Nova

Oh god no

;)

(I'll try my best!)

4. Sir_mihael

Sir_mihael

DON'T TRUST THIS MAN Member
    Whahey! Will be good to see some good Retro faces again. Hopefully I'll manage more than a passing 'nod hello'. Plus, any beer after a hard fight through SoS is always welcomed. :thumbsup:

5. Nova

Nova

Good news, people. There is now a significantly higher chance that I'll be at the post-SoS barcade day! Even better, my partner will be over from Sweden and she's okay'd that she wouldn't mind coming along - we were going to go to London anyway after all. I'll keep people posted.

6. Rosie

Rosie

aka Rosie Member
    So who's going and what's happening then? I need to sort out transport, and if we're Barcading on the Sunday I'll have to find somewhere to stay. I may pop across to London on the Friday night if coming up Saturday morning is too much of a hassle, so if there's anyone about around then I may be available for drinking beer and chatting shit. Are there currently any plans to meet up before SoS starts?

Also, can I suggest that we pop into Forbidden Planet on the Sunday? I know we usually do, but the Cardiff branch is lacking the Dreamcast stuff that they've recently started selling, and that saddens me greatly =P

7. DigitalDuck

DigitalDuck

Arriving four years late. Member
    Lincs, UK
    TurBoa, S1RL
    I should be around on the Friday too.

8. Dandaman

Dandaman

Also known as Dandaman955 Tech Member
    UK
    Huh. I have a ticket for this, but I dunno if I can come: Bit short on funds, but I'll see if I can rack up enough money.

9. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    I'll be there the night before, so you won't be the only one =P

The current plan is a full weekend - SoS and post-SoS pub on Saturday, and our usual Barcade deal on the Sunday. Others can chime in but I know that Cinossu, Jen, Orenge and Nik are going at the very least.

10. Neowl

Neowl

feels good man Member
    London, England
    SAIL HATAN
    Add this guy for the full weekend, too!

Just over a fortnight away folks!

11. Overlord

Overlord

Long-term happiness
    We need a more organised list here:

Fri night
    ======
    Overlord
    Caniad Bach
    DigitalDuck
    Neowl
    Marc

Saturday
    ======
    As Friday plus:
    Orengefox
    Jen
    Nik
    Sir_mihael

Sunday
    =====
    As Saturday, plus:
    Nova?

Corrections/additions, please!

12. Sir_mihael

Sir_mihael

DON'T TRUST THIS MAN Member
    If you're open to +1's tagging along, I'll probably need a good drink and meal after all the SoS nonsense is finished on the Saturday! No worries if not of course but I'll definitely be somewhere regardless.

13. Neowl

Neowl

feels good man Member
    London, England
    SAIL HATAN
    Hell, I can most likely attend the Friday night too, due to decent going-ons at work.

I finish my shift at 6pm on that particular day, so would be able to join you guys after a brief trip home to freshen up. I'd probably be able to get into central London or wherever you guys are at 8pm at the earliest, maybe?

14. Overlord

Overlord

Long-term happiness
    Edited list.

15. Rosie

Rosie

aka Rosie Member
  16. Overlord

Overlord

Long-term happiness
    Suspected that was going to be the case, but nice to see a confirmation. :)

17. Neowl

Neowl

feels good man Member
    London, England
    SAIL HATAN
    Okay, NOW I'm excited for Summer of Sonic.

I mean, I was before, but for the whole "oh it's the annual summer Retro meetup" reasoning rather than the event itself. This has now changed.

I wonder if we'll get the fancy VIP area Mega Drive USB controller things over here, or just 360/XBone/PS4 controllers..?

18. I'll be in London on the Friday night, at SoS for most of Saturday and I'll be leaving London late on the Sunday. Would be cool to see some of you IRL!

19. Rosie

Rosie

aka Rosie Member
    Where are people staying? I still haven't booked a hotel, so I'm up for suggestions =P.

Also I finally bit the bullet on Mario Kart 7, so while it's unlikely I'll have a decent Pokémon team, since my play time on Omega Ruby is still roughly an hour, I'm good to go for Mario Kart and Smash. Anything else I should pick up? I have SASRT on Vita, but I don't know if the 3DS one is any good.

I'll probably bring the Nomad or a Game Gear as well, as why should Nintendo have all the fun? Although in all fairness we'll all be spending most of the time staring at our phones and flicking at Pokéstops.

20. DigitalDuck

DigitalDuck

Arriving four years late. Member
    Lincs, UK
    TurBoa, S1RL
    Confirming I'll be there for the full weekend.

Unless she changes her mind again, Mrs. Duck will join us.