don't click here

Sonic Classic Heroes

Discussion in 'Engineering & Reverse Engineering' started by flamewing, Nov 2, 2010.

1. flamewing

flamewing

Emerald Hunter Tech Member
    France
    Sonic Classic Heroes; Sonic 2 Special Stage Editor; Sonic 3&K Heroes (on hold)
    I mentioned these teams several times in several places across the years: for example:
    Some teams
    Some teams
    Another test
    (Hm, need to see how well the girls transition to the new palette)

Eggman is not going to be playable, his inclusion on the one-palette tryout was to ensure he would look good. You can look at him in current SCH with Team Chaotix to see what I mean.

That sheet of Omega is TINY; do you have a larger one?

E-122-Psi has already sent me his Pink Edition sheets for them; I just need to code and import them. And Cheese is basically already coded, as I did the coding of him for E-122-Psi.

Ray will behave very different from Tails: he will be able to climb and glide, and his glide will be more the SMW cape than either Knuckles' glide or Tails' flight. Except that, unlike what happens in SMW, it will be well programmed. Ray's sheet is well underway.

Mighty will at least have his wall jump, and maybe be able to pick up and throw things. Mighty's sheet is also well underway.

Tikal's sheet is about as complete as Mighty's and Ray's (maybe slightly less). I am thinking of giving her some sort of special ability to make her fit better with Amy and Cream (both of which have attack buttons, one with a hammer one with Cheese). But if I do switch to make-your-own-team, that becomes less relevant, except maybe for making her different from Knuckles.

For Shadow, I am thinking of giving special abilities based on how many emeralds you have. I have a list somewhere, but I am too lazy to find it now :v:/>

Point is, none of them will be "clones" of other characters. Except maybe Rouge being a clone of Knuckles. Although I could make her fly — she is a bat after all.

E-122-Psi hasn't even really started on him, except for the BFD poses. So a lot will happen before Big is there.

Just so you know, those poses weren't made by me + - *cough*LoneDevil*cough*   . And no, they won't be clones either; they will have their unique abilities. But they will probably take some time, yeah.

2. Ralbalboa

Ralbalboa

3. Drex

Drex

Lazy perfectionist Member
  4. Xeric

Xeric

Workington, England
    S3K Mighty Sheet
    [​IMG]

Been on Hiatus from spriting for while so did this as a warm up. Jet would need reshaded if hes gonna work. Bean, Honey and Marine aren't too bad. :V

If their's sheets of certain characters you're looking for, let me know. Been in the community for a long time and have sheets that probably don't exist anywhere online anymore.

5. Drex

Drex

Lazy perfectionist Member
    Small request: can we please stop using the joke design of Mickey in these pallet templates? I know it's not that important, but I don't want people to get The wrong idea thinking Mickey will actually look like that. Use this one instead.

6. Brainulator

Brainulator

Regular garden-variety member Member
    Super Dashing Charmy, oh boy...

• If you lose your super transformation, you ain't getting it back.
    • Dashing down on the end-of-zone capsule kills you.
    • Animals that come out of capsules are glitched.
    • Super music never stops playing, even if you un-transform.

You know, I still wish there was a way to control when super transformation occurs and allow de-transformation. I guess Sonic 3 Complete's method could be used, but that would cause problems with falling down/Charmy's dash. Perhaps a dedicated button could work?

I noticed that Super Vector's glide causes Hyper Knuckles's earthquake. Leftover code?

So if I'm to understand this correctly, the debug mode cheat is solely for night mode, the level select cheat is functional but automatically enabled, the all emeralds cheat triggers Super Dash, and the 14 continues cheat? What's to become of that? I guess you could nuke it. In fact, I'd say nuke night mode as well since it really has no substance beyond amusement, much like debug mode.

7. flamewing

flamewing

Emerald Hunter Tech Member
    France
    Sonic Classic Heroes; Sonic 2 Special Stage Editor; Sonic 3&K Heroes (on hold)
    All have been fixed* already.

This one I couldn't care less about (it is a cheat code which is a prototype of a game mode which will result in your death when the ring counter reaches zero), but I think I fixed* it anyway.

Or Tails' flight. Next version has 'mode' button transform (but not revert back) if using 6-button controllers, no change with 3-button controllers.

I wonder why people think things like this can be an error... seriously.

Next version will no longer have continues. I am thinking of replacing it with an 'infinite lives' cheat instead, but the game is easy enough that there is little point (IMO).

* = I really need to release a bugfix version...

8. Brainulator

Brainulator

Good.

Thank god.

Maybe because I don't know your life and the wiki page doesn't mention it?

After I made that post, it could be 18 lives. Or who knows, maybe 99 lives. I know that the continues are being nuked, so I was asking.

9. Aquaslash

Aquaslash

<The Has-been Legend> Moderator
    It's been a long slaggin time, but I have every intention of finishing what I started here. I'm currently recovering from a HDD failure and waiting on data recovery services, but I intend to heavily get back in the game once that's over.

10. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Want to go on with step further and get rid of lives? With the save screen they've been useless since Sonic 3.

EDIT: Auto correct misspelled lives

11. Brainulator

Brainulator

You mean the continues cheat? Sure :3

12. Since when did you become flamewing's secretary? He wasn't speaking to you.

13. Brainulator

Brainulator

I was getting at that Dark Sonic should have been more specific.

14. Yeah, it's not like most people are going to be dying often enough to game over at this point. Game overing just serves as a mild inconvenience now. Can get rid the Game Over graphic too, save some space.

15. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    That was kind of along the lines of what I was thinking. I don't know how much space it would save, but getting rid of the lives, game over, and life icon graphics (those could maybe be replaced by the heroes emblems, only instead of them being blue, red, and yellow they'll take the palette of whatever character is speed, flight, and power) and sub procedures could help make room for the multitude of characters you want to add.

16. DigitalDuck

DigitalDuck

Arriving four years late. Member
    Lincs, UK
    TurBoa, S1RL
    It might make room for one character's idle animation.

It wouldn't be worth it if the purpose was to save space.

17. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    I honestly haven't the slightest idea of how much space it would save. Idk maybe less objects on the screen and background logic would cause less lag?

18. Brainulator

Brainulator

I still say keep lives because of the no save mode.

19. Clownacy

Clownacy

Tech Member
    I'd go with ditching the lives altogether, since I don't think they really contribute anything, but then I wonder what will become of the 1-up monitors. Yay, more ring monitors...?

20. DigitalDuck

DigitalDuck

Arriving four years late. Member
    Lincs, UK
    TurBoa, S1RL
    Practically none; and background logic is tiny for lives (literally a few CPU cycles when you die or get a 1-up). You're suggesting trying to speed up a car by removing the odometer. :v: