don't click here

SEGA Mega Drive Classics Hub (PC/Steam)

Discussion in 'General Sega Discussion' started by TimmiT, Apr 20, 2016.

1. Looking at all of those post in reference to this, and that is implied at no point.

EDIT - All you are doing is pulling things out of thin air and finding stuff to get upset about.

2. MathUser

MathUser

3rd top wiki contributor Researcher

3. My apologies for missing that.

4. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
  5. Atendega

Atendega

Lesser Sea Sponge Member
    Comfy couch
    Collecting insults
    Just off the top of my head, all of VAdaPEGA's stuff is missing. Good job with this, though.

6. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    Yeah I didn't add his stuff cause he doesn't really post most of those hacks on Sonic Retro. I will add them if he wants them on it though.

7. Jaseman

Jaseman

The programmer has a nap! Hold out! Programmer! Member
    What about ColinC10's stuff, like Robotnik's Revenge and Sonic VR?

8. Glaber

Glaber

Has Beaten Sonic Genesis for GBA Oldbie
    I hate to say thins, but I think sega either needs to Freeze the workshop, or close it.

if they frezze it, it should still be up, but uploads should also be impossible. This way they can take care of the games they don't own or otherwise aren't selling.

9. sebmal

sebmal

I am the man! Oldbie
    hi

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=674679789
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=674682221

10. VAdaPEGA

VAdaPEGA

Freelance Digital Artist Member
    Portugal
    Probably something minimalistic
    With the exception of Sonic 1 Boomed, any of the SHC entries and some YouTube videos, I have not posted my hacks anywhere else so it might be the best if they were added to the group.
    (speaking of, I'm surprised nobody's made a wiki page about them. Then again it's not like any of them brought anything that could be considered notable.)

11. Ell678

Ell678

Am I Annoying You? Member
    Barrow, England
    Sonic Incursion
    I uploaded Sonic 1 Alt. Thanks to whoever spotted it and added it to the Retro list.

The hub is a trending topic on Facebook right now. It's great to see such enthusiasm from people.

12. Atendega

Atendega

Lesser Sea Sponge Member
    Comfy couch
    Collecting insults
    Maybe we should have a collection that houses ALL hacks that are by the original creators, rather than just ones from Sonic Retro. I feel like that would be more helpful to people, anyhow.

13. MathUser

MathUser

3rd top wiki contributor Researcher
    I'm tired of reporting mods honestly. It hasn't been long but since they ignore single flags it's not even worth it to report it. I don't think I can stop it from being a cesspool of random ROM's so I'll just take consolance that an organized place like Sonic Retro exists, and I'm not gonna bother with steam anymore. I dunno bout you guys but I give up.

14. redhotsonic

redhotsonic

Also known as RHS Tech Member
    United Kingdom
    YouTuber
    There seems to be copyright issues and people/authors have been removing/reporting mods that contain other-franchise involvements. But someone over at SSRG mentioned that Garry's Mod does the same thing. It has lots of copyrighted modules like Mario and Pokémon in it and no one has batted an eyelid. Hell, Call of Duty World at War has lots of mods and hacks with other franchise modules in, and everyone is perfectly okay with that. Music I can understand being an issue, but with hacks that contain Kirby and such, I think we may be safe.... ish. Unless anyone can point me towards where this is an official problem (like SEGA pointing it out)?

Anyway, I gave this a go and recorded it if anyone is interested. As for the whole SRAM thing, it's definitely a shame it's not featured, but I heard it works for Sonic 3 mods (I haven't actually tried it yet)? Also, for Sonic 2 mods that uses SRAM, we DO have a save/load function (which acts like save-states), so I guess we have to live with that for now. But as soon as we get SRAM (and online multiplayer compatibility), I think we'll have a good legal way of playing mods.

http://youtu.be/vdiJB0Y72Lw

LINK

15. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    There's no problem with copyrighted characters being used in ROM hacks. Like you said, other games have mods like that as well and there's no problem there. What can be a problem though is full games like Contra: Hard Corps or Wolfenstein 3D being uploaded as "mods".

16. Tiddles

Tiddles

Diamond Dust Tech Member
    Leicester, England
    Get in an accident and wake up in 1973
    The SRAM situation doesn't seem to be quite right as an S3&K mod, either - S3C's options data is being discarded, but normal game saves work. It appears to be saving exactly as much SRAM as S3&K had, and not allowing any extra space, even though we declare it in the header.

17. redhotsonic

redhotsonic

Also known as RHS Tech Member
    United Kingdom
    YouTuber
    Tiddles, earlier in the topic...

:)

18. Glaber

Glaber

Has Beaten Sonic Genesis for GBA Oldbie
    ҠƗ₱ɗєҠƗ₱ seems to almost get that. as he's posted the following on several of his uploads:
    Redacted to prevent hate spam

Problem is, the multiple games he uploaded were originally bootlegs in the first place and some are even bootleg ports from the SNES.

I can only hope people like him don't cause Sega a tone of legal trouble.

19. Sappharad

Sappharad

Oldbie
    As others have pointed out, this sort of thing happens all over Steam workshop. It's not a big deal, and it's not Sega's fault if as long as they remove content when requested. The LittleBigPlanet series has a ton of copyrighted content on PSN, like Pixel Perfect recreations of Super Mario Land and Pac Man and those never had to be removed.

On a related note, I wish I would've paid attention to the fact that the whole collection was only on sale for 3 days. I was going to just buy the entire thing today, then when I went in today to buy it I see the sale ended yesterday and it's back to normal price. Oh well, at least I already own all of the Sonic titles, so that can hold me over until the next sale.

20. Ch1pper

Ch1pper

Fighting the Battle of Who Could Care Less Member
    Life.
    So does the tiny size of the Mods window in the hub drive anyone else nuts? I can barely make out any text inside it!
    I really wish it was twice as big. Or at least the text was bigger. Or something.