don't click here

Sonic Heroes E3 build (Gamecube) up for grabs!

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by ashthedragon, Aug 23, 2014.

1. evilhamwizard

evilhamwizard

Researcher
    Found the value that changes the current team. Conveniently below where the previous code was.

1.) Open up Dolphin and right click on the prototype in the game list
    2.) Go to Properties
    3.) Click the Patches tab and click "Add..."
    4.) Name the code whatever you like but tick "dword".
    5.) For offset enter 801cca64 and for Value enter any of the values below:

00000000 - Team Sonic
    00000001 - Team Shadow
    00000002 - Team Rose
    00000003 - Team Chaotix

6.) Press OK
    7.) Double check and make sure Cheats are enabled (Config>Enable Cheats)

2. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Huh is team dark called team shadow internally?

3. Tanks

Tanks

4. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    I've got them and I've just had a look - the filenames, filesizes and file list are exactly the same. I suspect if you checksum'd them they'd be 100% identical.

5. redhotsonic

redhotsonic

Also known as RHS Tech Member
    United Kingdom
    YouTuber
    Thanks for the find! If I knew about this topic a lot earlier, I would have contributed to it. If you would like a fiver sent your way (or even donated to Sonic Retro), let me know, and I would like to show my appreciation. Until then, I'll show my appreciation this way:

http://youtu.be/Q0HoAmWOh4w
    LINK

I found some pretty cool stuff, that you may have not found out yet (all in game stuff). Like when you try to use Big's full power, the game crashes.

6. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Woah what is going on with Bullet Station. That platform kinda looks like the train tunnel area but with completely weird textures. Not only that but the canyon background used is nothing like the one in the final. Obviously that picture is not final as you can tell from the bottom distortion, but still.

I hope we can get the other levels working in some way.

7. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

Just out of sheer curiosity, is there a third rail stage or any indication of one? In the final game, there's two distinct versions of Rail Canyon - one for Team Chaotix and one for everyone else.

8. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Team Chaotix actually has the same stage as the other teams, but at one point their paths branch and Charmy uses his bee powers to teleport them to a part of the level normally not seen. It has it's own ending too, but it's still the same level.

I'll be damned, didn't know that was a thing.

9. MainMemory

MainMemory

Kate the Wolf Tech Member
    SonLVL
  10. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

Lol

Yeah, they actually have a totally separate version rather than just a different route like in the other stages. I was just wondering how do there were signs of that in this demo.

11. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Well I did just dick around with the level. All the objects from normal rail canyon still exist, including the goal ring.

Good ol Sega. Let's just do short cuts.

12. darkspines35

darkspines35

It's Easy Actually. No, seriously. Tech Member
    .V.
    Sanik Adevnt Casters
    I managed to get into the E3 .ONE files after modifying MainMemory's HeroesONE program (big thanks for that!). Surprisingly a lot of levels seem to have their data in this build even if they won't load. It did remind me though, there's a stg00 file in all versions of Sonic Heroes, and it's never been touched to my knowledge. Mainly because it's been unable to be accessed I would assume. Thankfully that modified program allowed me to get into the archive.

So here's the Sonic Heroes Test Stage.
    [​IMG]

I would have ripped it with textures too, but alas I cannot get the TXD dumped. All programs I tried it with either refused to open it, bugged out due to "out of range" errors, or only found the total number of textures. If anyone bothers to take a look into it and can dump the textures, let me know. I'll get them slapped on the model asap. Oh! And I also need to thank Azu for the guide on ripping SH stages from a few years back.

Also I checked out one peculiar stage file, Bingo Highway's (stg06). It only had a single bsp file with it. This BSP file appears to be a rough draft of the stage, but I can't remember what the stage was like off the top of my head anyway.

This view is from the highest point looking downward.
    [​IMG]

And this view is at the last little section of the level.
    [​IMG]

I'm going to work on some other levels as I have time, but they all have many more parts to convert. They'll take a bit longer, but if I find any changes, I'll post back. Hopefully future rips will have textures as well.

13. total

total

[​IMG]

I made a quick import of it 2 years ago (better than this one, but ImageShack is retarded, so older screens are not available anymore). Too bad nobody cared lol.

14. darkspines35

darkspines35

.V.
    Sanik Adevnt Casters
    Oh huh, never saw the post I guess. Glad you managed to get it to pop up in-game.

I've tried to get it to show up in-game with its textures, but it hasn't worked so far. Should mention that the PC version's stg00.txd file was gimped to hell. The GC version has a proper txd still. I'm actually about to check the PS2 version in hopes it has one that can be ripped.

Edit: Turns out the PS2 version is even crap to look through. Maybe the Xbox version will be more useful? Here's hoping.

15. total

total

it is actually more than just a "pop up in-game", collisions do work as well (path data is probably still present in the EXE, not that I care to look for it though)

16. evilhamwizard

evilhamwizard

Researcher
    It looks like the game is hanging after loading the .rel files for the stages that wouldn't work. If you do a byte comparison of stage01D and stage07D you'll see that 0xFC-0x7278B in stage01D.rel matches 0xF4-0x72783 in stage07D.rel. But compare a similar region in any of the other .rel files it'll be quite different. If you look at TSonicD.str/TSonic.str you'll see that the only two .rel files that were built were those two that are used in the game. So it looks like the other .rel files are meant for a much older version of the game.

I don't know if it's possible to fix the .rel files so that they can work. I imagine that given the fact that there's also other missing data that the chance of getting these to work at all is slim to none unless the solution is simple. So this is starting to sound like another Sonic Adventure AutoDemo escapade.

EDIT: The Xbox version lacks .rel files I think. So I guess everything is compiled into the main executable? If only we had a really decent Xbox emulator with a debugger/memory viewer it'd be possible to unlock the other stages too.

17. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    Which reminds me, are the "Alpha" ADXs still available anywhere?

EDIT: ...And by the way, is there a way to make ADXs loop properly on foobar2000?

18. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    I have them if anyone knows a good host I can put them on. Note - MEGA does not count, nor does anywhere else you have to sign up for an account.

As for the loop part: install foo_input_vgmstream and set it up like this:

[​IMG]

19. Orengefox

Orengefox

Snooping as usual... Researcher
    Right in front of my computer.
    Some artwork, a ZZT game, and a hack.
    I've said it before and I'll say it again. Well done to you ashthedragon and to everyone that helped out. There's definitely some fascinating stuff being pulled out so far. Look forward to reading everything there is to find in this build on how it compares to the previous prototype stuff as well as the final.

20. darkspines35

darkspines35

.V.
    Sanik Adevnt Casters
    Found a program that can rip the TXDs! So here's some screen caps of the Test Level with textures.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

It also appears that Bingo Highway in the E3 version is either an unfinished version of the stage (ie needs additional assets put in, more art assets, etc) or it may just be an unfinished export of the archive that made it into the file system. Either way, here's a download to both STG00 and STG06's files (one archives, bsp files, ripped textures in .png, and obj exports) for anyone interested.

Just want to make a quick side note: This version's STG00 is the exact same across all versions that have STG00 in it. I just ripped this one since it and GC final are the only ones that have a proper TXD file. The PC's TXD file is corrupt.