don't click here

Sonic CD (2011) Post-Release Bugs/Fixes/Suggestions

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by ICEknight, Dec 15, 2011.

1. ELS

ELS

I wish there was a way to mix and match the music and unfuck the cutscenes.

Zoom is never the solution, just give me my black bars and can I get the real songs and not this midi stuff?

2. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator
    For legal reasons, no.

3. ELS

ELS

I have bought the CDs, is there a way I can personally restore them?

4. amphobius

amphobius

doing more important things with my life Member
    life
    That's not how licensing works.

Not without modifying the game files, anyway. And good luck with that on anything that isn't mobile or PC!

5. ELS

ELS

I have it on PC, I want to personally mod the music with the CD that I own.

6. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    Or at least without the terrible instrument that was chosen to replace the voice in the ending.

I swear, it makes me cringe each time IO finish the game. Just removing it completely would have been preferred, since it sounds so off-key.

7. Vangar

Vangar

So I got a Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 for christmas but Sonic CD (paid android store version) wont start. It just says the app has stopped. Any suggestions?

8. EmerlForgotten

EmerlForgotten

Sonic Music Curator Member
    It's an issue a lot of Android phones have been having. I don't think there's a way around it unless a patch is released.

9. MisterHinotori

MisterHinotori

I want to try out the 510 protoype version of this game, but when I try to open the RAR. file from the wiki it asks me to put in a password?
    Is there a password, or if not where can I download the 510 version of this game?

10. Thorn

Thorn

Tech Member
    Home
    Sonic 2 Retro Remix
    If we're still actually putting things in this thread, I'll say that this situation encountered by a friend doesn't seem quite right…
    (Sorry for the babble in it; it is not my video or my voice)

[youtube]http://youtu.be/Pl3tid1hYK0[/youtube]​

11. It's Nerples

It's Nerples

Undisputed Champ *slams into wall* Member
    Ah, the Sonic CD 2011 remake, I remember all the way back in 2011 when I purchased and downloaded it. It is quite a pretty solid recreation of the original Sega/Mega CD version. If there was anything that I would want to be fixed is having an option to play through any zone from a finished save file. I always got slightly um, let's say...BUMMED that you couldn't just go back into the finished save and collect any Time Stones or destroy any missed Time Capsules, but alas, they dkn't make it an option. You are stuck within the last and final act of the game and it doesn't even tell you that it's 100% completed, EVEN with the good ending at hand. Besides that, I'm completely satisfied with the game. Also...kinda wished Knuckles was in it...

12. Mystical Ninja

Mystical Ninja

For old time's sake. Oldbie
    New Castle, Delaware
    Nothing that concerns this place in the least.
    I've downloaded the iPhone version just recently, and a problem with the sound has come up. At first, it seemed like something that was easily fixable by turning up the volume and/or checking the sound settings in the Help & Options menu, but then I've come to find that they were already at their maximum by default. So then, I tried shutting my phone down, turning it back on, and starting the game up again. The sound started working temporarily, only to go right back to being mute again. I tried using the same method I just described to fix it again, but it didn't work anymore. I have no explanation for what's going on, especially considering the fact that Sonic 1 and 2 still seem to work perfectly, without any problems. Has anyone else experienced this issue, or is it just me?

EDIT: As it turns out, the sound still works while using headphones, but other than that, it's completely mute, even when the volume is at its maximum.

13. Retroman

Retroman

Had the same bug before. The camera lock needs to allow for the player to go back down rather than acting static. But that's pretty obvious.

14. Epsilonsama

Epsilonsama

THE FASTEST TAPE ALIVE! Member
    Earth
    I know this is quite old but here is the question.

Why is there a problem on releasing this version of Sonic CD with the original Opening and Ending songs?

Like I read something about the one who made the lyrics dying but if that is the reason why can SEGA re-release music of said game on compilation discs and what not? I mean doesnt SEGA own the rights to the music since Sonic CD? I'm almost sure the producers of Sonic CD soundtrack was Wavemaster which was owned by SEGA. I ask this cause it's sad that such a great re-make had to gimp one of the most cool parts of said game.

15. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator
    I think the answer boiled down to some variant of "man, licenses are stupidly complicated, especially from the 90's." I think the lyricist who passed away owned the rights to what they wrote, and while things allowed it to be re-released on CD, it was more complicated for a new avenue (inclusion in a digital re-release of the game). Idk it was talked about quite a while ago somewhere around here, I think in either this thread or the main release thread.

16. TheOcelot

TheOcelot

Scooty Puff Jr sucks! Member
    Yeah, SEGA didn't have the rights to the vocals for the opening and end songs when the 2011 version of Sonic CD was made. SEGA then went and bought the rights to the vocals which is why they were able to include them in the 20th anniversary album. For whatever reason SEGA decided not patch Sonic CD 2011 and add the vocals.

17. If anyone's curious, the lyricist for those two vocal tracks was Casey Rankin, who passed away in 2009.

18. S0LV0

S0LV0

Sonic Generations Helpdesk Tech Member
    Spagonia
    Abusing SMPS
    Ah, SEGA and consistency. Bitter rivals till the end of time.

19. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    I hope that means they'll always be able to use the vocals from now on.

20. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    Sorry to post here but I cant find the original 2011 SCD topic.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.sega.soniccd&hl=en

Whats going on? Sonic CD is no longer available? this is the message I'm getting: