don't click here

Sonic Classic Heroes

Discussion in 'Engineering & Reverse Engineering' started by flamewing, Nov 2, 2010.

1. LoneDevil

LoneDevil

Eternal Underdog Member
    Let's not forgot the massive amount of different objects SCD has for each zone. it may be troublesome to implement.

2. flamewing

flamewing

Emerald Hunter Tech Member
    France
    Sonic Classic Heroes; Sonic 2 Special Stage Editor; Sonic 3&K Heroes (on hold)
    It would not, actually: SCH has a pointer to an object list that alternates between S1 and S2 object lists (similar to how S3&K does for S3 and S&K portions of the game). And while I am in the process of merging the pointer lists (after way too much time), the basic mechanism could be used for SCD. Basically, group levels into separate pointer lists and select the pointer list on level load.

Moreover, SCD levels actually have a lot of common objects (I'd estimate $20 objects being mostly the same code in all levels, even if the exact IDs are different), which means at most $20 unique IDs per level (SCD levels never go above ID $40); and with my custom S3&K+Chaotix-based object manager, many different kinds of objects (such as bosses and boss sub-objects) don't need entries in the pointer table. So this means it might be possible to fit all SCD levels in the same pointer list.

One issue is the fact that SCD has not one but two subtype bytes in object data, as well as a time-zone byte flag data; so each object is 8 bytes instead of 6. Another reason to keep SCD separate.

Why, yes, I have given this a lot of thought...

3. flamewing

flamewing

France
    So, hm, there is this. Team SegaSonic Bros? :v:

4. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    Lets wait until the games out (and even if its real) and then see about implementation. but hell yeah I'd be behind the idea if its legit. that and what you could learn about this game from its extracted data and assets could drastically improve this game.

A real game changer and shake up for sure.

5. Brainulator

Brainulator

Regular garden-variety member Member
    It's real. We have proof from the person who found it. Sonic is speed, red Sonic (Knuckles palette? some DID do that) for strength... wait, does yellow Sonic fly or what?

So both Sonic and Knuckles have discolored forms. Now to wait for Red Tails, Yellow Knuckles, and Blue Tails...

6. MotorRoach

MotorRoach

From the way I see it, the other two Sonics might as well be beta designs for Mighty and Ray. I mean, they have the same colors, and the "SegaSonic" on the name kind of makes it feel likely.

7. rata

rata

Argentina
    Trying to be useful somehow.
    I know that Sonic's palette swaps are a serious thing, but let's wait until we know more about the game before triplicating Sonic's art just because. I mean, there might be better characters that could use that ROM space. If they turn out to have different abilities then go for it, but if they're just random sonics... I don't know.

8. rata

rata

Argentina
    Trying to be useful somehow.
    So, Werehog incoming? //forums.sonicretro.org/public/style_emoticons/default/v.png

9. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    Can the Unleashed sprites work with this game or would the sprite limitations be impossible to?

10. REPO Man

REPO Man

If a Werehog hack is in the works, it should be based on Ristar. But that's just me.

11. Zeoinx

Zeoinx

Just browsing the spriter's resource site, and noticed this

Rouge Sprite Sheet

Would this work for the hack? Would really like to play as Rouge in the games just as a change of pace.

12. Brainulator

Brainulator

I'm surprised no one has made Rouge in Sonic 1 yet.

13. CSketch

CSketch

The sketchiest guy you've ever seen Member
    Well, we already have Team Sonic and Team Chaotix, so the creator could very well try to complete the Heroes cast and add Team Dark and Rose, though that's up to them

14. E-122-Psi

E-122-Psi

If I remember correctly a project was actually announced by someone a couple years ago, but nothing got released.

15. Zeoinx

Zeoinx

As long as she doesnt flash the robots into submission like in Sonic Generations....because, what else could she be doing on that one level....

16. Brainulator

Brainulator

Actually, I do have a minor request: could the WFZ boss get its S&K SFX like in the 2013 remake? It makes it feel more realistic and less empty.

17. flamewing

flamewing

France
    Re: Rouge/Team Dark, there are plans, yes.

Re: WFZ boss: care to post a video of it? It has been a while since I played the 2013 release, and I don't remember it (and have only my phone, which can't run it).

18. Brainulator

Brainulator

https://youtu.be/g7IN90OEwNU?t=11m12s There's some audio commentary, but you can still hear the sound effects.

https://youtu.be/YSrEAVFnKc0?t=6m54s Here's the same thing from Egg Gauntlet Zone.

19. flamewing

flamewing

France
    Thanks; I added it to my to-do list.