don't click here

"Sonic Village" mobile game "announced"

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by MykonosFan, Mar 10, 2016.

1. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator
    https://www.facebook.com/Sonic/posts/10153958992107418?fref=nf&pnref=story

https://api.storemaven.com/app/serve/338bf538-e654-11e5-9643-07ffc3bc705e

Someone found this post, somehow (Seems to have been @sonicboom13561 on Twitter, for credit). It doesn't show up if you just go to the Sonic FB page.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    (Thanks TimmiT!)

Might have went up earlier than planned, as currently, following the link just leads you to Sonic Dash 2: Sonic Boom. Some are speculating that it's another joke, but I don't really buy that. Then again, there is apparently Chao raising, so it could be too good to be true.

2. TheKazeblade

TheKazeblade

"Our Life is More than a Side-Effect" Member
    25th ANNIVERSARY TITLE, EVERYONE.

I don't see how this title will benefit from a Sonic Boom skin.

3. SpaceyBat

SpaceyBat

United States
    Freedom Planet 2
    It should have been Chao Village, dangit. :colbert:

4. FollOw

FollOw

The sun sets forever over Black Water Park Oldbie
    I just don't get it, how the hell are they making money with these titles? I guess the better questions is who would spend money on this?

5. Retro_Stew

Retro_Stew

French Twitch Gamer Member
    France
    Twitch channel
    Sounds like a joke. Right? Right?

6. Now you guys know what that mobile survey from Sega was about. //forums.sonicretro.org/public/style_emoticons/default/specialed.png

7. CommandanteStreakTH

CommandanteStreakTH

Indonesia
    Project: Shadow
    Sega is getting really desperate to justify their new Boom franchise...

8. So, they took down Runners for a village sim? That's a bit of an odd choice. And why is it Sonic themed? You'd think if they wanted to tie it into something they already had, they'd go with the full All-Stars theme. Build your village just right, and you might attract a matching All-Star to want to stay there. Then you'd be constantly remodeling your village to try and collect all of them, with the cash-shop options being ways to speed building or special buildings that accumulate a lot of points towards a specific theme, and thus a specific set of characters. Hell, I'd be pretty interested in something like that. I don't know what you can do with this using just Sonic.

9. ashthedragon

ashthedragon

Sonic Paradise Researcher
    Spain
    Sonic Paradise & Sonic Ages
    This kind of games gives huge loads of money ( I know it first hand, I work at a mobile game developer company, we have sereval kind of games, and those kind are the ones who are more profitable). I see it as a good step by sega. It's not for us, the regular sonic fan, but for the casual gamer who might recognice sonic from old times, or watches sonic boom.

10. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    [​IMG]

Looks like a generic clone of other mobile games with the Sonic license slapped on it. So it's probably by Hardlight.

11. SONIC VILLAGE!! :v: :v: :v: :v: :v: :v: :v: :v: :v:

:colbert:

12. MartiusR

MartiusR

Sounds reasonable. Although it's a bit shame (just for me, personnaly), that it's not a bit different genre, which I like... (I know it sounds a bit odd, but if they'd release some tactical game with RPG elements, like Fantasy War Tactics on Android, in Sonic's world - I would play in it like crazy)

Oh well, I'm not a big fan of this type of games (on Android), so I'll probably just pass it without any emotions. Just wondering if it means that in next months(years?) Sega will stick to the Boom franchise. So far I don't see on the horizon almost nothing except Boom games in 2016 (maybe except this olympic stuff on nintendo's consoles, but that's a bit different thing)

13. Atendega

Atendega

Lesser Sea Sponge Member
    Comfy couch
    Collecting insults
    I still can't believe they haven't done a Chao mobile game. I would play the heck out of that. In any case, this looks like your average everyday soulless cash-in.

14. LordOfSquad

LordOfSquad

bobs over baghdad Member
    Winnipeg, MB
    making cool music no one gives a shit about

15. shilz

shilz

getting my daily allowance of vitamin kk
    I still don't get it.
    and LordOfSquad is just making it worse.
    WHAT IS THE JOKE?
    Is this real?
    If it is, What is this developer doing?!

16. LordOfSquad

LordOfSquad

bobs over baghdad Member
    Winnipeg, MB
    making cool music no one gives a shit about
    Don't I always?

17. Turbohog

Turbohog

Was "Sonic Village" really the best name they could come up with? Honestly, this looks pathetic.

18. Sparks

Sparks

Sondro Gomez / Kyle & Lucy
    Does it promise the same amount of memes that BoomSonic is known for?

19. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    I like how even the logo is shit. Doesn't even use the Sonic font.

I don't understand the appeal of these types of games though. "Be the mayor, make identical houses for many dollarimeanrings, shadow might come by and tell you you've been a shit mayor and wants you to do something about the rats, but you can't because you need to level up first."

20. TheKazeblade

TheKazeblade

"Our Life is More than a Side-Effect" Member
    Only positive thing I can say about this is that the Sonic renders here are probably the most intense Sonic has looked in a long time.

And of course that is for the most mis-matched genre it possibly could be associated with.

I think we can write off the Sonic Boom series as the low-hanging fruit for license deals. It exists purely to cater to the low-budget, low-quality, high-profit deals that are too damaging for the core series since the focus shift. In that regard, Sonic Boom should be celebrated for taking the beating so the rest of the franchise doesn't have to.

So thank you, Sonic Boom. We may not hate you less, but your sacrifice and lack of standards is not in vein.