don't click here

Accessing Shadow the Hedgehog files

Discussion in 'Engineering & Reverse Engineering' started by CommandanteStreakTH, Feb 19, 2016.

1. total

total

Seems to work fine, thanks.
    UPD: does not work with 0.50 ONEs (it says "Unknown Archive type"). Did you forget about those? Here is a sample, if you need it:
    https://www.sendspace.com/file/e4maqp

By the way, can you please change the listview's view mode from "icons" to "details"? Because the first one is kinda annoying (long file names are cropped and so on). Not really necessary, just saying.

Also, if you care, I think I might be able to recover at least some of my info about TXD format as well (both Heroes and Shadow). Not going to do it right now, just considering.

2. CommandanteStreakTH

CommandanteStreakTH

Indonesia
    Project: Shadow
    You talkin' to me? If you are, go ahead.

3. MainMemory

MainMemory

Kate the Wolf Tech Member
    SonLVL
    Okay, I got One Ver 0.50 support in.

Your document missed several things though: there are 0x90 bytes of padding between the file count and the start of the file info, the file offsets are 0xC bytes off from the actual file location, and 0.50 files have a different magic number than 0.60 files.

4. total

total

I noticed this as well and was going to point it out, but since you have figured it out yourself, I didn't.

Nice job as usual.

Also, having an "autodetect" mode would be nice I guess.

5. MainMemory

MainMemory

Kate the Wolf Tech Member
    SonLVL
    It automatically detects the type of archive when you open it, and the GUI program changes the mode selection for you, otherwise there's no way to "detect" what kind of archive you want to create.

6. CommandanteStreakTH

CommandanteStreakTH

Indonesia
    So it worked for me, I believe. It extracted the .one files into their respective files. Now, how do I go about opening the .txd files? A GTA .txd viewer doesn't seem to work in my case...

7. total

total

works just fine with PS2 version.

8. Herm the Germ

Herm the Germ

Hmm, not bad. Well done, doctor! Member
    Dresden, Saxony, Germany
    MIDI-to-SMPS-conversions, mostly. Takin' requests, too.
    Did you remember to decompress the files? The files in the .ONE archives are almost all PRS-compressed files with the ".prs" extension missing. A regular ol PRS decompressor should do the trick.

9. total

total

HeroesONE does that automatically you know.

10. shilz

shilz

getting my daily allowance of vitamin kk
    But he's right though. I tried the same thing and nothing showed in TXDWorkshop. Unless TXD Worksop is a bad choice since it's made specifically for GTA, but it worked with some Heroes files.

11. total

total

it has nothing to do with PRS compression.

vicetxd only reads compressed Heroes PC txds (again, I'm talking about DXT5 compression, not PRS).
    Shadow's txds obviouly have different pixel format, that's why none of those gta tools work (except PS2 versions)

12. CommandanteStreakTH

CommandanteStreakTH

Indonesia
    What do you suggest I use then to read the .txd files? There doesn't seem to be any alternatives to said GTA tools.

(Also, can anyone tell me where the game stores its weapon files?)

13. total

total

http://www.steve-m.com/downloads/tools/txdviewer/

common/weaponresource.one

14. igorseabra4

igorseabra4

Brazil
    Heroes SCHG, Heroes Power Plant
    Has anyone succeeded on ripping the stage models from this game? I've been looking into that those last few days with no success. The files which I believe to be the stage models, which are RG1 files inside the ONE files (HeroesONE can extract them), are similar to a Heroes BSP but some structures are not the same (at least according to RWAnalyze). I've also tried to make a Shadow RG1 load in Heroes instead of a BSP after some tweaks in RWAnalyze, but nothing shows up ingame. Same for the collision files. I got a Shadow DFF to load in Heroes, but the materials seem to be a different format so the model shows up blank.