don't click here

Sonic Boom: Fire & Ice (3DS, developed by Sanzaru)

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by TimmiT, Jun 9, 2015.

1. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

It's a real picture. However, it's from a private fair where no photos are allowed, and came from Tomy, not SEGA. Licence holders, like Tomy, will be under strict instructions about the kind of information they disclose.

2. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator
    I think the expectation was more for something like this from a while back, where the game isn't mentioned by name, but its existence is alluded to.

[​IMG]

I'm just assuming the lesson was learned since then, as it was confirmed to be incorrect.

3. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    Well, one thing from the boards this time has already been confirmed. I imagine that they're not saying anything about stuff they don't actually have info on this time around.

4. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    Maybe it's so terrible they had to start all over.

5. Clownacy

Clownacy

Tech Member
    While much more extreme, Duke Nukem Forever is an example of that. Time didn't help that one.

6. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    Pretty sure they restarted development of that game like four times or something.

Also to be fair two years of development time is normal for a game like this.

7. Venom Snake

Venom Snake

USA
    Ah that's a little relieving. Thank you. I kind of wasn't thinking when I typed that.
    I mean, I don't think Sonic 2016 got bought out by multiple companies and then got outsourced :P
    Not a very good example.

8. He was talking about Fire and Ice, not the 25th anniversary game...

9. Venom Snake

Venom Snake

USA
    I mean the point still stands. We won't know for sure until new game play is shown, right?

10. Clownacy

Clownacy

Tech Member
    Using one of the most delayed games of all time to prove the point that time does not mean good game is bad. 'K.

11. Rosie

Rosie

aka Rosie Member
    Is there a chance they've shit-canned Fire and Ice altogether due to the poor reception of the first Boom? I doubt it as the cartoon and merchandise are supposedly doing well, but nothing surprises me from SEGA these days.

12. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    It was recently confirmed that it's releasing this Fall, around the same time as when the second season of the TV show starts.